Summer Pockets Teaser and Release Date Revealed

It’s the season for giving and Key has been very generous this year, what with the numerous albums, merchandise, and even Little Busters! English edition on Steam. But their generosity doesn’t stop there, as they have just released a huge update for their upcoming game, Summer Pockets! They’ve just released the game’s official website which includes a teaser movie, character info, and game specs, all with an announced release date for the game: June 29, 2018. A summer release date for a very summer-y game feels quite fitting, don’t you think?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/summer-pockets-teaser-and-release-date-revealed/
5 Likes

Pretty hyped for this, new stuff is always worth looking forward to.

1 Like

Wow, almost on my birthday, it’s on June 22. Too bad I’m going to have to wait for a translation. does anyone know if it’s going to be a short game or a long game?

I know KEY for a short time, but it seems to be a very active company, but with few games for a company of almost 20 years.

It’s most likely going to be around the same length as Kanon/AIR. Around 24-episodes worth of content in anime form for a better understanding.

There are only 4 heroines who you can explore, and the promotion they’ve done so far doesn’t seem to be promoting something big in the visual novel that’ll happen. From my perspective also, it’s very unlikely for this project to have an After Story/Refrain/Moon&Terra route, but rather something such as an Ayu/Misuzu thing. The setting for sure also doesn’t indicate anything big happening.

We’re also getting this sooner than expected, so that adds onto the idea that it’ll most likely just be comparable to a dating sim with the true route being the main heroine.

But there was an interview that said we’d get to see a lot of hot males in the game, so who knows.

The real question should be - How is Summer Pockets affecting the process of the completion of the other Beats! in the franchise? They clearly want to release titles alongside the Beats! so that people can look forward to other things, and if that is the case, then are they planning to release the 2nd beat after Summer Pockets, or will they just do an entirely new game?

And no. I don’t believe the Last Operation is going to fill the Beats. The Beats! are their own things, just branching off into different routes at the point the First Beat went to.

How to make Key fans depressed in a sentence: remind them that Angel Beats! 2nd Beat will be literally never. :yahaha:

HANAZAWA KANA IS IN THIS?! WOOHOO!!! HYPE!!! I’ve been wondering what she has been doing since she has not been doing much anime work lately (I’m quite a fan of her) so I figured she was doing some voice work for games but I wasn’t expecting this.

I’m so hyped for this. Though I’m still have a heavy sad feeling of Itaru not being involved. It was her art that attracted me to Key games in the first place. The designs other than Na-Ga look a bit too generic for me, but I hope their personalities can flesh out the character enough.

I swear I read there was going to be an anime tie in too from ANN. Is that happening?

At this point it seems just big talk from Baba to attract attention. While it basically guarantee that anime will happen at some point, right now is too soon to talk about anything concrete.

That makes sense. Yeah I can totally see that happening much later on. I only wish Tomoyo After would get an anime too :frowning:

Considering his interest, it can actually happen very quickly. But that depends on how fast they manage create production committee that will actually produce something.

1 Like

I’m really intrigued by hearing about more male characters :slight_smile: I really look forward to that. I just love the balance that has been in Little Busters and Angel Beats. Have they revealed any art of the protagonist male or any of the other male characters?

We have art of the protagonist, Hairi Takahara:

2 Likes

Thank you!!! He look pretty cool. I like that we see full view of the male protag now and not just a nameless face.

Okay that art looks beautiful there. I think the style may grow on me yet! I love scenes like this in the forest I’m extra hyped now.