Summer Pockets ~Prologue Party~ Report

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/summer-pockets-prologue-party-report/
2 Likes

RUNA MIZUTANI OMG ASDHFDKJGAFKJDGSAKJFGD

Anyway, for those who haven’t heard about Bibury Studio, it’s the new studio founded by, lmao, Tensho. He has quite a connection with Masayuki Nonaka, whom we might know as Rewrite TV’s Chief Animation Director (if you happen to at least recognize its existence haha). He’s an amazing animator known for his soft, detailed, and often bouncy character movement. So yeah, the animation in SamaPoke’s OP is Extremely Good and I’m currently speculating that it’s Nonaka’s.

For the characters, Shiroha still comes across to me as a generic dandere, but I’ve gotten a better impression of Ao now. Kamome still best girl doe.

1 Like

Is it weird that I think the most well animated cut is when the wave washes over the footprint…? I’m guessing it’s a digital effect. If you check frame by frame, you see the edge of the wave is drawn on 3s, but the water within the wave has bubbles and particles moving on all other frames. That’s why the wave looks like it has a high frame count. Oh and one of the promo texts had some weird line about walking along the footprints in the sand.

Someone on Youtube also commented that you can see Tsumugyu’s reflection shift to wearing a yukata. And towards the end, they’re pairing the heroines with a place: Shiroha and the ocean, Kamome and the railroad, Tsumugi and the lighthouse, an interestingly Ao and a tree. In fact there are two shots with a tree in quick succession cuz of the one with Inari in a flower field. Kinda weird, I wouldn’t exactly look at her key visual and think the trees are the most important. Also since this made me take a second look at Kamome’s tracks of land, I realized they’re not train tracks but probably mine cart tracks.

4 Likes

Those minigames sound amazing. Really looking forward to the game now even purely for them.
Gonna hack them and make it a new baseball minigame

1 Like

This looks amazing I need some time to digest >.< We get this before April 1st too D: Those animated were an amazing treat I did not expect them, seeing Kamome getting pushed on the suitcase was fantastic.

1 Like

Phew that sure is a lot of info! Sad that I no longer have the leisure to follow these things live; if this happened two years ago, I could imagine myself meming along on twitter, randomly posting Not Bad like the rest of them. Oh well, for that, I am still thankful to @HeliosAlpha for collecting all this info!

But wow, what can I say? I just watched the opening movie and it brought my hype levels through the roof. Not just the bright, summery vibe, but the melancholy hidden within as well. Tensho and his studio did a great job on this one, and it warms my heart to see the characters alive so early on.

The addition of YURiKA (why do japanese singers like to stylize their names like this so often) and Mizutani Runa is quite welcome. I had to look up YURiKA but was pleased to find out she worked on Little Witch Academia. Shiny Ray was good :umu:

Suzuki Konomi voicing Inari, though! I know it’s not her first voice acting role, but it sure is interesting to see her level of participation on this. Here’s to more Konomin in Key :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

I’m mostly just interested in Maeda’s new compositions for this game, truth be told. Won’t be able to read it for a while, more than likely; but music is universal. Excited for it!

2 Likes