Summer Pockets -Prelude Book- Translation

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/summer-pockets-prelude-book-translation/

Just because I know it’s on a lot of people’s minds, reports that an anime adaptation has been announced are completely false. There has been no mention of a Summer Pockets anime anywhere in the newly released news. All we’ve had is a general statement that Key are planning on bringing lots more content in 2018, including anime (eg. Kud Wafter). So yeah, consider that debunked.

It’s like I’m really reading Air.

2 Likes

The island’s name is so dumb! Fucking Not Pockets.

Other than Kanade 2.0, the girls seem cool enough. I hope Kai channels the power of the secret cow novel and makes Kamome fun like Airi. Tsumugi is surprisingly not shit. That second story extract feels very taken out of context, but it shows signs of a really cool story.

Edit: I’m worried about the fucking pokemon though
Untitled

2 Likes

I think the fox/ animal cat looks cute so far. I’m thinking fox more so, but I it won’t be pokemon like in appearance and be as awesome as the other key mascots. I was hoping for a cat since Chibimoth was dog like.

Anyway seeing these profiles I’m super hyped now.

I’ve grown to like Ao’s design and her character and the art really intrigues me about hers story. It has a traditional vibe that I adore and haven’t seen since AIR.

Naruse does seem like Kanade 2.0, but I feel like her personality will set her apart and I can’t wait for her story.

Kamome seems really awesome, she interests me right off the bat. The whole pirate ship vibe and her suitcase screams awesome.

Though I’m still a bit up in the air about Tsumugi, she just kind of fades in the background to me in style and character so far. Famous catch phrase will be mugyu lol, very cute. wish other colours were used she just seems too generic for me. Too bad she didn’t have pink hair or something >.> I love twintails and pink hair

1 Like

I found Kamome’s design surprisingly nice. I’m not too fond of her initial sketch – that shawl-whatever doesn’t look flattering to her body type at all – but her casual outfit looks so good on her. Dark colors suit her quite well; I didn’t expect her to have black hair, but it looks nice on her.

I’m not sure I like Sorakado’s colors though. Shiroha doesn’t give me a particularly strong impression either. Wenders is cute, but isn’t particularly exciting by first impression. Something makes me want to ship her with a German historical figure though. (And because it’s me, I’m thinking of Bach musicians, not some infamous politicians.)

Yeah, do we have any other pictures of it? i think it looks OK (other than its colour, blue’s kind of weird), especially compared to like chibimoth.

Huh, Ao is still my favorite of the bunch, but they really improved Kamome’s design. The outfit change really gives her more personality, previously she looked very generic. Can’t say the same for Tsumugi though; the initial draft was pretty okay but I really don’t like the finalized design.

I guess it’s about time I gave my impressions on the characters in what we’ve seen so far. It seems these previews show both the protag’s first encounter with the girl, and another scene, all of which have an accompanying CG

• Shiroha: While the intro makes her seem very mysterious, it seems her personality is very much of a straight-man (tsukkomi) type. She seems like the kind of girl who would easily point out others’ mistakes and be all too quick to hide her own. In a sense, she somewhat reminds me of Mio but a lot less monotone, perhaps
  • Ao: Probably the most stark contrast we’ve seen so far, with her intro showing off her supposed “perverted” thoughts, but her CG scene getting into one of her problems right off the bat. It’d be hard to peg her personality just yet so I guess I’ll keep her on limbo for now
  • Kamome: A playful girl, with a pretty large ego, it seems. Asking Hairi to push her on their first meeting, then assuming he’d peek in on her if she starts splashing around. She’d probably do whatever she feels like without taking into account of other people which, while it feels like a very fun personality story-wise, I was never fond of such characters.
  • Wenders: (no i will not call her tsumugi no matter how much you tell me to) She seems the most appealing to me so far. Head-in-the-clouds for sure, but her CG scene (despite the fanservice) was quite encouraging for the MC. She just wants to have fun and I guess wants others to have fun too. I just hope they don’t shoehorn her into the loli role too much.
    Correction: until her given name is proven to be Tsumugi and not actually Wenders, I will continue to call her such :umu:

Looks like the official Key twitter went ahead and screwed me over:

#Wenders4Lyf :uee:

2 Likes