Summer Pockets - Pre-Release Discussion and Speculation

No, that’s not more likely, that’s absurd conjecture. There’s been zero mention of a Summer Pockets anime. Save any further discussion for when one is actually announced.

Good fucking lord no, the word doesn’t need another one of those shitheaps.

3 Likes

This is a Summer Pockets SPECULATION forum. People can speculate about whatever they feel like speculating about if it clearly correlates to Summer Pockets to an extent. This isn’t a forum that’s supposed to be filled with only factual evidence, as long as people don’t get the wrong idea. There’s been a mention of an “anime” whatever that may be (and it is not Kud Wafter if he talked about 2018 which you seem to be thinking). Could be a series, OP, OVA, or something completely different. This is where Speculation comes into play.

And it is not absurd at all. Clearly Angel Beats! Made a lot of money, along with Charlotte (to a lesser extent) with P.A., and they easily have David Production still with them doing more Planetarian things. I said it was likely (to which it is), not factual. Baba’s also been eager to find animation studio’s to partner up with Key, so Summer Pockets may or may not get one soon after its release. Again, this is where Speculation comes into play.

Of course no real facts were made and people understand that, but clearly people can speculate on these things if there’s new information being released.

I haven’t looked into this much because even though that’s the planned Japanese release date, it is not the planned English release date. There may be delays on all sides, and I am excited for a game that is very likely to be localized, but I am not going to get my hopes up after Angel Beats either.

As long as it is an enjoyable experience - if it gets translated - then the rest is gravy for now.

I predict a 2019 release. :uguu: :uee:

1 Like

I agree with you on 2019 release

1 Like

I have a thought on what the butterflies we see in the PV may mean.
Butterflies symbolise commonly :

1. Great change in life
  2. Moving through cycles
  3. Playfulness

So since Summer Pockets is going to be a VN which evokes feelings of nostalgia toward a childhood summer vacation, the symbolism of playfulness go along with it.
Now, if you ask me, “What about the great change in life or moving through cycles?”
I’m going to combine the “Great change in life”, “Moving through cycles”, and “Playfulness” into one and speculate that it will touch upon the shift from childhood (a ‘stage’ of your life when you’re playful) to adolescence (which is considered a very important stage as you start to mature both physically and mentally) and how the characters deal with the problems that can drag them down during that shift in their life.

4 Likes

I can definitely see that happening. A story about metamorphosis…

1 Like

Biz mentioned the hornyness of the promotional material, but I’m more concerned what they’ll do about the end of the vacation. Like, Yuuichi moved to a new town for high school, so he had a minimum of 3 years ahead of him; Hairi has the very harsh time limit of the duration of summer vacation which is a month or less. After that’s he should be forced back home, but that doesn’t work in galge because waifus. Now, some of the promotional material does make it sound like a more fleeting experience and hints to it maybe being a reflective story; I’m just a bit too cynical to believe that they will simply abandon the waifus and let it be a one time thing. The funny thing is that the secret cow novel may be the best thing to use as reference as it takes place over winter break.

1 Like

According to the C93 brochure, Ao’s fox’s name is “イナリ(Inari)”
Inari is a Japanese kami, the god of crops, food, and agriculture, and Inari carries a fox as her messenger.
We had already known that Ao is the priestess of the island’s shrine, so this new information probably means that the story has something to do with the Japanese shinto.
I didn’t expect that, as I used to think the fox would be something like Incubator in Puella Magi Madoka Magica or Pack in Re:Life in a Different World from Zero.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did make an anime someday, but I want my Tomoyo After first (I can dream).

I’m really excited for this project and that Key is going back to basics as I wasn’t a total fan of how Rewrite went. I prefer the connection with the atmosphere of the characters and the location and that feel of nostalgia.

I see a lot of focus on the water, so my guess is there is a deeper story going on there. I don’t want to post theories because I don’t like being right and spoiling the idea for others. I also see the butterfly becoming of some sort of metaphor too. Can’t wait! I hope we get a Lia song too,

3 Likes

48412fef3d6d55fb3b60fe1f61224f4a21a4ddb9

Some new graphs are released.

1 Like

:deino: Where did those beach balls come from :deino:

1 Like

keyinfo_0214_sp_tokuten
The official website of SP has released those pictures, yet there isn’t any Kushima Kamome’s.
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/summer/shop_guide.html

1 Like

Guess we can’t keep calling her Kanade anymore.

4 Wenders, no Kamome… :ehhh:

2 Likes

It is a secret tradition for Key to leave out a character in every “店舗特典”. (Sorry I don’t know how to translate it to English)
Just like Rewrite without Akane, Rewrite HF without Chihaya & Sukuya, and Angel Beats! 1st Beat without Yui.
By the way, the CV for the four heroines in SP will be published tomorrow.

2 Likes

I am quite excited about this release. Not long to wait now :smiley:

Wow so much fanservice for preorder goods D:

Voice Cast was announced I did some searching around. Most seem to be newcomers, I’m interested to see how they sound.

Shiroha Naruse: Voiced by Konomi KOHARA ( 小原好美)
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=153781

Ao Sorakado: Voiced by Natsumi TAKAMORI (高森 奈津美) https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=87790

Kamome Kushima: Voiced by Tomomi MINEUCHI (嶺内 ともみ) https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=156588

Tsumugi Wenders: Voiced by Emiri IWAI (岩井 映美里)
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=149778

5 Likes

I’m really happy with this cast. Most of them are newbies, so they’ll probably bring something fresh and less recognizable to the table unlike if we had another Kana Hanazawa role. I’m especially excited for Konomi Koharu after seeing her in Tsuki ga Kirei and especially Mahoujin Guruguru. She’s proven to have a good amount of range, so I wonder how her voice will turn out.

2 Likes

Please don’t hate me for this

7 Likes