Some Key Voice Actor Trivia

In the anime adaptation, Yukito from air has the same voice as Jotaro from JJBA.
Kyousuke from Little Busters has the same voice as Lancer from Fate/Zero, and Android 16 and Tien from Dragonball.
Masato has the same voice as the Lancer from Fate/Stay Night.
What are some other cool facts you know about Key voice actors?

1 Like

Ayu Tsukimiya’s seiyuu, Yui Horie, is actually much more prominent in anime. She voiced Riki in Little Busters’ anime adaptation, and has also voiced Tsubasa Hanekawa from Monogatari, Minori in Toradora, and Felix in Re:Zero.

Also from Kanon there is Mai’s seiyuu who also voiced Mei Sunohara in Clannad, Michiru in Air, and Suzuha in Steins;Gate. And Sayuri’s seiyuu voiced Misuzu in Air.

Yukito’s voice actor in the Air VN also voiced Yoshino in Clannad, Kyousuke in Little Busters,and the protagonist of Saya no Uta,

Nagisa from Clannad is the voice of Otonashi’s sister in Angel Beats, and she did a few vocal songs for Symphonic Rain. Nagisa’s mother Sanae is also the voice of Uraha from Air

Masato is the voice of Ryuuya from Air, and apparently ever Fate Lancer there is. Komari’s VA has voiced faaaaarrr to much that she deserves. Most notably Principal Chizuru from Grisaia. Also from Grisaia, Yumiko has the voice of Kurugaya and Makina has the voice of Rin.

I’ll add to this if I come across any more interesting things

2 Likes

This should probably one of the first pieces of trivia on Key VAs but Keiko Suzuki is the most prominent Voice Actress in all of Key’s works. She voices:

• Yumemi Hoshino (Planetarian)
  • Takafumi Sakagami (Tomoyo After)
  • Kanako (Tomoyo After)
  • Haruka Saigusa (Little Busters)
  • Kanata Futaki (Little Busters)
  • Sizuru Nakatsu (Rewrite)
5 Likes

Yuuichi, Yukito and Tomoya’s voice actors have all appeared in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure as Kujo Jotaro, Joseph Joestar and Bruno Buccellati respectively.

Ono daisuke (Kunisaki Yukito) also voiced Shunsuke, Yuu’s brother in Charlotte and the Junker in Planetarian.

Sugita Tomokazu (Aizawa Yuuichi) voiced Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Sakata Gintoki from Gintama, Motosuwa Hideki from Chobits and Tsuchimi Rin from Shuffle!, he also made a cameo in Charlotte as Ryuuya.

Nakamura Yuuichi (Okazaki Tomoya) also voiced Oreki Houtarou from Hyouka and Gray Fullbuster from Fairy tail.

Nakahara Mai (Furukawa Nagisa) also appeared as Shirayanagi Yumi in Charlotte, Ryuuguu Rena from the Higurashi series and Juvia Lockser in Fairy tail.

1 Like

Eri Kitamura is the voice actress of Akane from Rewrite and Yui from Angel Beats! I’ve come to know her from Toradora which she voiced Kawashima. She also voiced Sayaka from Madoka Magica.

(Edit)
Ryou Hirohashi who voiced Kyou from Clannad also voiced Yukari Nakamura, one of Sasami’s juniors.
Then Akemi Kanda who voiced Ryou from Clannad also voiced, Rei Kawagoe another one of Sasami’s juniors.
Finally Ai Nonaka who voiced Fuko from Clannad also voiced Sakiko Watanabe, last of Sasami’s juniors. She also voiced Kyouko from Madoka Magica.

Wasn’t Asaki Risa (Lucia’s seiyuu from Rewrite) specifically requested for the character by RK07, with her having a previous role in Umineko but not a whole lot besides that to this very day? I don’t recall where I read this, but it was a nice touch.

Kana Hanazawa, amongst very many roles, has voiced

Mutsumi Suginami in LB! seasons 1 & 2 anime.
Angel in Angel Beats! anime and 1st Beat VN
Kagari in Rewrite anime
Mayuri Shina in Steins;Gate series VN and anime
Tomomi in Higurashi

as a singer has released singles and albums (also used in anime) and appeared in the live action movie Kimi ga Inakucha Dame Nanda (It’s Definitely No Good You’re Not Here)

2 Likes

HanaKana did Mutsu and Kagari in the VNs too. She’s also in Summer Pockets.

Hmm someone needs to update Wiki! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kana_Hanazawa

This is quite funny: Hanazawa Kana sings My Soul, Your Beats in “English”

2 Likes

Who did she voice in Summer Pockets ? (I haven’t read the VN yet because I’m a beginner in Japanese but I know who are the main characters and Hanazawa Kana is one of my favourite seiyuu ever I adored Kagari, Kanade and Mayuri from Steins Gate thanks to her :heart_eyes:)

She isn’t one of the heroines, but you’ll recognise her voice~
I believe some of the other VAs from past Key games have roles in Summer Pockets too, but they aren’t part of the main cast so you probably won’t see them listed anywhere. I’m not familiar enough with seiyuu to know, but I recognise HanaKana at least.

(Also if you like HanaKana, check out Zegapain. It’s her debut as a main role, and one of my favorites.)

1 Like

Thank you for your answer and your advice I take note of it ! :slight_smile:

Sawashiro Miyuki who played Iwasawa Masami in Angel Beats! anime voiced the Japanese dub for HIt Girl in the film Kick-Ass!

From Wiki:
She voiced Puchiko in the English dubbed release of Leave it to Piyoko, making her the first and one of the few Japanese voice actors to have reprised a role in English in addition to the original Japanese performance.

You wanted trivia…?

1 Like

She also voiced Sala Shane in Charlotte, Inaba in Kokoro Connect (I don’t know if you know this anime) and Celty Sturluson in Durarara. She is probably my favourite seiyuu with Hanazawa Kana and Mamoru Miyano.

1 Like

Hell yeah, I didn’t realise he was Light Yagami as well as Okabe Rintaro - he’s amazingly good :uee:

1 Like

That’s interesting. I do want to see and hear her voice act more main characters. I personally think she did a fantastic job as Lucia, her voice acting and vocal range is just amazing.

I haven’t been paying close attention, but judging from her tweets I think she does have a brand new role now and she’s hyped about it. It never looked as though she was too keen on getting all that many roles though, which is surprising since her performance as Lucia was on par with what you’d expect from some of the more legendary seiyuus out there.

1 Like

I once read that Nobutoshi Canna (Masato’s voice actor) said in an interview that Hikaru Midorikawa, Kyousuke’s voice actor, cried during the recording (Refrain spoilers)his breakout … But I’ ve never found the interview so it is just head canon hahaha.

He is not a voice actor but there used to be a video of Jun Maeda singing Song for Friends, it was awesome hahaha, sadly it got taken down from youtube:
Image from Gyazo

1 Like