Sekai Project Topic

is there an official date for the clannad releasing?

Iā€™m 100 percent ok with SP turning a good profit off something like this. Its my thought that maybeā€¦just maybe the JP game devs will see there is not just a market but a ripe market for VNā€™s in the west and maybe we wonā€™t have to wait years to see new games released, cause the wait for Angel Beats and Chaos Child will kill me.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a deadline. It will most certainly come out before or in October.

ok thanks!!! Iā€™m currently reading clannad and I tought I might buy the official one before I finish all the routes , but if itā€™s deadline is in october, thereā€™s no doubt Iā€™ll buy it just to replay some routes!!!

Just got the weekly Sekai Project Forums digest/update email, and look at what was the only thing on there:

Great decision @Aspirety!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I totally stopped looking at their forums after a while :stuck_out_tongue: Sad that nobody is talking about it over there, though XD

A little Interview with Sekai Project from nichegamer.net

Sekai Project Interviewā€”On the Dawn of the VN in the West, Localization, and More

http://nichegamer.net/2015/02/sekai-project-interview-on-the-dawn-of-the-vn-in-the-west-localization-and-more/

3 Likes

Interesting read especially regarding the localization industry!
Thought Iā€™d pick this little bit specific to clannad:

Iā€™ve always wondered about thisā€¦does Sekai have a team of inhouse translators they use or do they just source everything out to other translators, and a follow up to that I wonder if they ever reach out to the people who have already put out fan translations of the games.

IIRC they have the main ā€œinhouseā€ staff who originally formed Sekai, and then they outsource for other works. Generally the big names will be done with a small-ish organized group, and then work with other groups to translate the smaller titles.

They do reach out to fan translators. I believe they spoke with Doki. They havenā€™t used many other already-made fan translations though, and the ones they did already belonged to Sekai Project members.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ve spoken to Doki.
They just need a few months for the reply.

4 Likes

Okay I lolā€™d IRL

Sekai Project has said how they got with Key/Visual Arts (great story tbh) https://www.patreon.com/posts/2953817

2 Likes

I think this confirms some of our suspicions. Very interesting! Might even be worth an article.

Well whadda ya know. Google Glass actually achieved something.

4 Likes

So Key magic operates even when peeps are just trying to get Key stuff licensed. Amazing.

Based Google Glass~

Baba-shachou is a cool guy though, and Iā€™m sure theyā€™d have been able to do it even without that technology :wink:

SP confirmed at their Otakon panel the Clannad translation is 100% redone without any use of the fan translation. The also kind of hinted that theyā€™re currently talking with Key Visual Arts about bringing out something else.

3 Likes

After Story might actually be legible! Woooo!

Itā€™s gonna be Hoshi Ori, and everyone is gonna be disappointed.

I-I wouldnt be disappointedā€¦ T-T/

Wellā€¦ let me rephrase that. I certainly would be disappointed that it wasnt Key. But I wouldnt be unhappy.