Sekai Project Topic

ok thanks!!! I’m currently reading clannad and I tought I might buy the official one before I finish all the routes , but if it’s deadline is in october, there’s no doubt I’ll buy it just to replay some routes!!!

Just got the weekly Sekai Project Forums digest/update email, and look at what was the only thing on there:

Great decision @Aspirety!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I totally stopped looking at their forums after a while :stuck_out_tongue: Sad that nobody is talking about it over there, though XD

A little Interview with Sekai Project from nichegamer.net

Sekai Project Interview—On the Dawn of the VN in the West, Localization, and More

http://nichegamer.net/2015/02/sekai-project-interview-on-the-dawn-of-the-vn-in-the-west-localization-and-more/

3 Likes

Interesting read especially regarding the localization industry!
Thought I’d pick this little bit specific to clannad:

I’ve always wondered about this…does Sekai have a team of inhouse translators they use or do they just source everything out to other translators, and a follow up to that I wonder if they ever reach out to the people who have already put out fan translations of the games.

IIRC they have the main “inhouse” staff who originally formed Sekai, and then they outsource for other works. Generally the big names will be done with a small-ish organized group, and then work with other groups to translate the smaller titles.

They do reach out to fan translators. I believe they spoke with Doki. They haven’t used many other already-made fan translations though, and the ones they did already belonged to Sekai Project members.

1 Like

I’m sure they’ve spoken to Doki.
They just need a few months for the reply.

4 Likes

Okay I lol’d IRL

Sekai Project has said how they got with Key/Visual Arts (great story tbh) https://www.patreon.com/posts/2953817

2 Likes

I think this confirms some of our suspicions. Very interesting! Might even be worth an article.

Well whadda ya know. Google Glass actually achieved something.

4 Likes

So Key magic operates even when peeps are just trying to get Key stuff licensed. Amazing.

Based Google Glass~

Baba-shachou is a cool guy though, and I’m sure they’d have been able to do it even without that technology :wink:

SP confirmed at their Otakon panel the Clannad translation is 100% redone without any use of the fan translation. The also kind of hinted that they’re currently talking with Key Visual Arts about bringing out something else.

3 Likes

After Story might actually be legible! Woooo!

It’s gonna be Hoshi Ori, and everyone is gonna be disappointed.

I-I wouldnt be disappointed… T-T/

Well… let me rephrase that. I certainly would be disappointed that it wasnt Key. But I wouldnt be unhappy.

I would legit be hype for Hoshi Ori, especially if it’s on steam :wink:

Hopefully Key is finally starting to see that there is at least some interest in VN’s in the west.

At the SP panel at Otakon, I asked about Little Busters and someone else asked about Rewrite ---- the rep said that they would be interested in doing these based on the reception of CLANNAD.

A lot is resting on this one game!!