RLDev for Dummies

Ah, the Steam release won’t work with rldev from what I know. It uses reallivemax, and the translation team probably added some features that weren’t in the original game.

That’s really unfortunate. :confused: Thanks though! Mind if I ask you another error about Clannad? This one is the Jp one with a fan translation.

Error: kidoku flag index out of bounds near 0x0003ed.

Any ideas?

The only thing that makes the latest version of Planetarian on Steam (the Japanese build) different compared to previous releases (aside from having been compiled with 1.6.5.9 of rlMax) is really just some DLL calls for the achievements :confused:

Huh, yeah. I was in a bit of a rush so I just assumed it was a change in the Steam release, but the same error shows up in the original translation. Probably a problem with the English script or something. Don’t have a fresh install to check, and I’m ill right now so I probably won’t notice a problem if it was shouting at me.

Is there anyway to implement the commands that has been used on RLMax to RLDev, I wonder? Since RLDev don’t know the commands such as ONGOTOCASE, it can’t compile scripts compiled on RLMax. RLDev can extract the scenario files from Planetarian’s Steam version, but it can’t recompile it.

Someone released a new Vaconv that can extract multiple layers in a .g00.

I’ll update my Working with layered g00s section to reflect this soon.

This should help anyone who was translating a Siglus Engine game.

2 Likes

Theoretically it should be implementable (though I can’t say I’ve worked with RLDev from a programming standpoint). As far as I know, ONGOTO(condition) is equivalent to a switch where all its cases (from 0 to n) call GOTO.

Hey bro, have you tried to create .g00 from .psd files? My previous problem was an example for that method. Did you know that?

For vaconv, PSD files are not supported. Save your image in PNG format, then convert it to .g00. If you encounter any in-game problems, try changing the g00 version using the -g command.

I’m getting an error while trying to install OCaml. The error occurs when I call “make world.opt”.

Here are the logs:
http://pastebin.com/ZxZMppmP

I guess RLDev can’t be installed on newer versions of Cygwin. I can upload my older version for you sometime, if you want. It’ll save you from trouble installing it.

That would be great if it doesn’t trouble you too much! :slightly_smiling:

Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!u9xAgYCK!VuysT84KI8vSkhGc7zHyvvPaFzH56p68PrZdl9mAMcI

I advise you to extract it somewhere else, other than the folder you installed Cygwin, as you still may need those files, if things go wrong. You’ll have to declare/edit 2 environment variables. One for Cygwin, and one for RLDev.
First, extract the archive. Then open up Advanced System Settings from System menu, located in Windows’ Control Panel. Click Environment Variables:
1-For Cygwin:
a)Double-click PATH variable, in System Variables.
b)Add the path where you extracted the Cygwin archive, before all other paths (For example:
C:\RLDevSetup\Cygwin\bin)
c)Put a “;” at the end (don’t put quotation marks)

2-For RLDev
a)Click New located on User variables
b)Type RLDEV in “Variable Name”
c)Add the path where you extracted TLWiki’s (or Haeleth’s) fork of RLDev (For example: C:\RLDevSetup\rldev-master) and click OK.
d)Do the same for the system variables, just to be sure.

If you have questions, ask and I’ll help you ^^

First of all, thank you for the help!

Unfortunately, I’m still having some errors when I call “make world.opt” even after doing all that. I’m pretty much clueless when it comes to this, so all I can do is to leave screenshots and logs. Sorry about that :sweat:

Screenshot of my enviroment variables:

Log when I call “make world.opt”:
http://pastebin.com/AtYeGjpy

Oh, I beg your pardon, I forgot to say that you don’t need to install RLDev in the first place. It’s pre-installed. Just call kprl, vaconv, rlxml etc. from Cygwin whenever you want.

Ah, silly me. It works like a charm, thanks a bunch! :slightly_smiling:

Looks like I ran into a problem yet again :worried:

The “New_seens” folder generated after I call lc -o SEEN0001 -d New_seens -e utf8 seen0001.ke (or .org) is empty. I tried it with Little Busters and Kanon and both of them produced the same result.

Using Kanon as an example, after extracting the seen files into a “seens” folder by calling kprl -d -o seens -e utf8 seen.txt, I made some edits to SEEN0050.org and saved it to the game folder. I then copied SEEN0050.utf from the “seens” folder to the game folder. Finally I call rlc -o SEEN0050 -d New_seens -e utf8 seen0050.org and it generated a “New_seens” folder inside the game folder with the message bad chars: 0.

Problem is, the “New_seens” folder is empty. Am I doing something wrong here?

P.S.
Sorry to be bothering you again :confounded:

Huh, never seen that problem before. It’s looks like it’s finding the files it needs, but just to check, are you using the correct extension? Kanon uses .ke files.

You could try removing “-d New_seens” and seeing if it creates a file in your game’s folder.

RazoRTR, you really are my savior with that file! Thanks to Infinity!

I was having a really bad time configuring Cygwin for my Little Busters translation project, and for months I was trying to remember how all of it was done. Now I’m really positive with seeing the project through!

1 Like

Removing -d New_seens seems to fix the issue, thanks a bunch! :slightly_smiling:

I see that it generated a SEEN0050.TXT file and the game seems to run the modified script correctly. But if I were to do this for every seen file, wouldn’t the game folder be cluttered with tons of SEENXXXX.TXT files?