Ridiculous Theories

I don’t know if this one has been already posted here. I recall a long time ago some comment saying that Angel Beats is conformed by ideas that Jun Maeda don’t used for Little Busters, and some from Little Busters also, so could be that originally (Little Busetrs, Angel Beats spoiler) the big twist in Little Busters were that everyone in that place were already dead including himself and he needs to grown up and put his mind in order to be able to reincarnate?

2 Likes

An LB theory.

Kyousuke and Rin are originally aliens. When their planet was dying they were sent to earth in a escape pod. They landed in Japan and a family found them and adopted them.

Kyousuke created the world when he had unconsciously activated his alien powers. At the end of refrain Rin also actives her power and creates a new world to save Kyousuke.

Credit goes to @MagusVerborum and @machelmore for the idea.

11 Likes

If this is the one thing I am remembered for on this forum I can die happy.

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Key Fanfiction!

Random theory: what if Kagari is actually a mandrake

3 Likes

Major MOON., One, and Kanon spoilers!

Prepare yourselves, my children, because I’m about to open your eyes and blow your
mind.

I was rereading Mai’s route of Kanon when I noticed it.

(I’m just gonna put it under a details box so I don’t take too much space.)

Beware spoilers.

Mai is, frankly undeniably, the reincarnation of Youko. First, listen to their character themes:
Youko’s theme.
Mai’s theme.
Yeah, they’re not that similar I guess, far more noticeable is the MOON. track “Daybreak” and the Kanon track that, if I recall correctly, plays exclusively in Mai’s route, “An Omen”.

Now just be patient, I know I haven’t made any kind of point yet, just that some tracks sounds kind of similar. But now take a look at these images of Mai and Youko:
CGMI10Byouko2
Note that they’re both wearing a cross.

“So what machelmore, plenty of people wear crosses as some kind of accessory.”

But now take a look at THIS:
FGMI03youko1
We get these almost identical CGs after the heroine has some kind of confrontation with the protagonist and comes to terms with themselves.

“Okay, that could very well have been on purpose, but even that’s kind of a stretch, where’s your evidence?”

Ahh, but you see, Mai and Youko are both ESPers! It’s the core premise of MOON. and a major plot point of Mai’s route!

“Holy… You might actually be onto something…”

But wait! I will give my ultimate proof all in due time. First, here’s why Nayuki is the reincarnation of Mio from One.

Mio’s theme and Nayuki’s theme. The themes don’t sound too similar, but they’re done in the same style, whatever it’s called (music is not my strong suit) and are the only tracks in that style in their given games.

Here are two CGs from near the end of their respective routes:
FGNY08Amio2

And their final CGs:
FGNY11mio1

Now to tie it all together.
It’s pretty common knowledge that Nanase from One (keeping in mind this is the game Nayuki’s previous incarnation was from) can be seen in a Nayuki CG:
FGNY031A
And as I pointed out a little while ago in the “Key’s Self-References” topic, two characters from MOON. (this of course being the game Mai’s previous incarnation is from) can be seen in a background unique to Mai’s route!:
holycrap
Take that!

So we’ve exposed this conspiracy, but this rabbit hole actually goes even deeper. You see, there is a single event that brings our heroines together:
nayuki
That’s right, it is the same scenario that connects Nayuki to Mai - fetching a notebook for the heroine in the school at night - that we see with Mio!
mio3
And the notebook we’re looking for in this case? Here it is:
notebook
Hang on. A green spiral-bound notebook? Haven’t we seen that somewhere before?
FGSR10A
There it is!

In summary, Shiori is the evil mastermind behind the suffering our heroines experienced in all of MOON., One and Kanon!

Wake up sheeple.

1 Like

Meanwhile, in another dimension…

5 Likes

What if in Planetarian…

The Earth is flat

3 Likes

Kanon spoilers:

Jun Kitagawa is trapped in an infinity loop, watching Yuuchi go through every timeline in the original visual novel. He sees every heroine Yuuichi abandons die or suffer greatly, and resolves to end their pain through creating a golden timeline where all goes right, known as Kanon 2006. Here, he does things like point out Shiori standing in the courtyard before Yuuichi notices her and finds the angel, causing events to happen faster and allowing Yuuichi to help all the heroines instead of just one. He’s been through so much pain before, falling to the dry nihilism we can pick apart during the visual novel where he isolates himself to the point of not being a character, only to slowly reconstruct what it means to deal with the same loss that all characters experience. He realizes the only way out is to do the right thing, to be the guiding force into solving Kanon.

5 Likes

Kitagawa looks on from a distance as Yuuichi and Ayu embrace at last and says, “The moment I saw those two I knew with perfect clarity that at long last all had been forgiven.” and finally his life, frought with demons and hellfire, had found peace. Kitagawa, his eyes dilating in the winter light, looked upon the two, the happiness that had finally been found, and cried, cried the tears held back for so long.

3 Likes

Kanon: Akiko’s Special Blend Jam is her missing husband/Nayuki’s father…

1 Like

I’m afraid that theory is not as ridiculous as you may think - because someone has already caught onto it, as far back as over two and a half years ago!

1 Like

I did wonder if someone else had proposed it but didn’t see that post. I hesitate to say “great minds think alike”…

The whole ascending intelligence thing in Rewrite’s Moon Route is, in fact, just Kotarou illustrating the Galaxy Brain meme

3 Likes

(Kanon spoilers)

Jun Kitagawa, driven by his ambition to help Yuuichi, sacrifices his (off-screen) fulfilling relationship with Kaori in the visual novel to help Yuuichi solve all the girls’ problems in the 2006 anime.

3 Likes

Kanon spoilers There is a lot of debate on whether the Ayu that Yuuichi spends time with is the real Ayu, but what if she is the reincarnation of the tree that Ayu fell out of, returned to lead Yuuichi back to her

4 Likes

I don’t think it is a ridiculous theory because the tree could be a metaphor of Ayu’s good memories with Yuuichi which, I suppose, lead him in a dream where he meets Ayu again and can remember what he forgot in order to fulfill his promise and returns to her. But what’s good with Kanon is that we can imagine a lot of theories. :thinking:

2 Likes

Spoiler warning for Mob Psycho 100’s manga (not yet adapted in anime): I’m fairly convinced that the aliens that Tome and friends met came from the planet that the early Key heroines inhabited

elyen

5 Likes

(Spoilers for Planetarian, Little Busters and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
Imagine Yumemi being the actual God of everything that has happened in Key universes, but some of her features was actualy a government project that’s made after obtaining a certain alien element called Keyonionum from a space expedition (minor LB spoilers from Kud’s route) (one which Kudryavka’s mother [or even Kudryavka herself] has taken part in). The element was then has made experiments on throughout the years, with the help of quantum computers causing the Third World War, a war of power clashing between nations. Sealed in a planetarium for years to hide from the outer nations, with a hidden feature of creating microuniverses, simulations that create an energy source of a certain wavelength, out of some Keyonionum; observing the world around her through the cameras outside the planetarium, Yumemi sees a human that’s affected from the after effects of a Keyonionum but on a cellular level (our boi Junker). After her encounter with him, his condition activates her secret feature of creating microuniverses to alter the time-space continuum, she puts her knowledge of the world (Main Realm) into the work and creates little sentient programs called Users to interact with the microuniverses. These microuniverses come with pre-made scenarios that are made by certain scientists that worked on the project. With the activation of the feature called God’s Hand, the Junker’s conscience is made into the Overseer of all microuniverses and the main power source of all the simulations. And her only purpose is to create a utopia that everything is okay… by feeding off of the emotions of the people inside Key universes, kinda like (Madoka spoilers) the Incubator from Madoka that’s trying to maintain the energy balance of the universe by clashing the Witches and Magical Girls.

1 Like

What if Akio from CLANNAD went through the same light orb experience as Tomoya?

2 Likes