Rewrite Vol.8 Released

Today marks the release of Rewrite vol.8 and the first episodes of Rewrite 2nd season to be released on disc! On the cover we have another new key image by Itaru Hinoue, featuring Chihaya once again and Sakuya. This volume includes episodes 14 and 15, an audio commentary CD with the voice actors of Lucia and Akane (Risa Asaki and Eri Kitamura), an 8-page booklet and more importantly, the final half of the Rewrite short side-story The Occult Club Activity Records! Photo taken from the RewriteTV Twitter account You can get your copy of Rewrite vol.8 today from AmiAmi (BD/DVD) and CDJapan (BD/DVD). Share your thoughts on this release and The Occult Club Activity Records below!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/rewrite-vol8-released/

Chihaya and Sakuya was a bad pick for this one. They don’t even appear in these episodes :fools:

1 Like

Sakuya is NEVER a bad pick :kyog:

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s a good argument considering how Terra handled the characters. It would be very stale and not marketable if you only used “relevant” characters.

Either ways, Hinoue’s art here is… rather unremarkable, except for how strange Sakuya looks here. Needs a bit more jawline lol.

They chose the most adorable Kotori cut for the booklet cover, though, so I have zero complaints.

I heard Tensho did the redrawn frames for this volume, so I’m more interested about that.

1 Like

no offense but I’d rather have BD covers drawn by Nonaka than itaru

kinda like how LB Refrain’s BD covers weren’t drawn by Itaru and Na-GA but instead

2 Likes

Doesn’t Nonoka have illustrations inside the box set?

I like Hinoue doing the box covers. It reminds me that she’s still attatched to Key and has unreleased Key artwork that still needs to come out.

I think the problem with Hinoue’s artwork for the box sets is that she probably had retirement from VA/Key in mind when she was doing the box covers (since she had free time after Harmonia). She probably wanted to do great designs of the characters in the box covers, but wanting perfection in them causes them to look off. Especially since Hinoue was trying to modernize her Rewrite designs to how she draws now.

Actually, her designs post-Key are quite good.

1 Like

as an artist I don’t think the issue that Itaru is having is remembering how Rerwrite designs work

its more of issues in fundamentals of drawing and possibly an art-block

since her drawings on the original Rewrite look way more well drawin than this box art

I wonder if she is fine :uee:

1 Like

I got the impression she just didn’t get enough time to recheck her artworks for errors. Artists usually “unsee” their lineart (for traditional art, pencil sketch) to better spot errors that s/he couldn’t have immediately spotted. Hinoue probably didn’t afford that. It seemed like that type of mistake.