Rewrite - General Discussion

There isn’t a perfect route, just one that is ideal for the Kotarou of that route.

It’s the perfect route because it’s the only route which guaruntees humanity’s continued prosperity. It’s where they realised that saving the Earth was a mistake, and we can only continue as a species by leaving our home behind and travelling the vastness of space. It was something only possible once the technologies of the two factions was made public to the world, and ultimately pochi was the first one to display the ability to travel through space…

1 Like

Man it’s Chihaya’s route. Idiots don’t need to care about the future.

Oh, and in Terra Guardian and Gaia finally stopped fighting! That’s pretty big.

Yeah, uh walking on a rainbow (was it a rainbow?) to the moon is just pretty farfetched if you ask me. I always thought that ending was some abstract representation of something

But, yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Another point is that Kotarou left the seed of hope to humanity. I don’t remember how exactly that worked, but I remember it being a central point in his last conversation with Kagari

I dunno if the CG is an abstract representation, but the point remains that Pochi clearly has the ability to travel through space. He makes a point of how, using the life force of the 5 girls he can take them as far as the moon, but reaching the other side of the (galaxy?) would require a much larger quantity of life force. So yeah, it’s definitely a real technology, even if that CG doesn’t make much sense scientifically :stuck_out_tongue: You can ignore the CG if you want, I guess.

I’m kinda dissapointed that they didn’t make more fight scenes like the fight between Lucia and Shizuru (rewatching it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhhbVWAIg-g), that was really fucking cool!! I was thinking that this was what they’d do for the rest of the game, and it felt to me at the time that it was their way of making fight scenes work in visual novels - and it did work extremely well in my opinion. Some of the fights later on in Akane’s route and in Terra felt rushed in that regard, some of the scenes could’ve been really mind-blowingly cool

2 Likes

Totally agree with this!

Yeah I agree. I feel like they really skimped out on the fight scenes outside of Lucia’s route. There were some other noteworthy fight scenes, but none of them had the same energy as the lucia vs shizuru fight. I guess Ryukishi just writes really action-packed fight scenes :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s mostly because Lucia’s was finished first, I think.
You’ll notice routes decline in visual quality as they were completed, almost as though the artists stopped caring…

It’s much more likely that they were running out of either time or money toward the end of development.

Seeing some opinions about how inconsistent Rewrite is or about how boring Kotori’s route is I think that some people didn’t understand anything about Rewrite and that makes me sad, everybody should be able to enjoy everything of this VN, but maybe it’s about maturity :frowning:

ReWrite was great! Kotoris route included. And yeah, I do think it’s somewhat a mature VN.

1 Like

I hate to say it, but Rewrite really was inconsistent and just didn’t mesh together very well overall. Even though some of the themes are fairly mature, I don’t think people misunderstanding them/not even understanding them at all is the problem.

I personally never had any problems with understanding it. Some parts are inconsistent, yes, but nothing big, really. But then again, I’m dense and slow.

[quote=“AngelofDeath720, post:95, topic:37, full:true”]
I hate to say it, but Rewrite really was inconsistent and just didn’t mesh together very well overall.[/quote]
Some examples please, or point out the inconsistent points of the vn

I’m fairly sure that most of them have already been pointed out in this thread. the simple fact that it was done by 3 different authors makes it very hard to be consistent across the board

Maturity has very little to do with it. Compared to a lot of literature, Rewrite isn’t very mature. Compared to some VNs, Rewrite could be considered that, and like most pieces of literature there are multiple layers to the content… but there wasn’t so much depth that the VN couldn’t be compared to something like Yu-Gi-Oh! or Scan 2 Go.
We’ve had discussions here about the themes of Rewrite, but a lot of them are fairly innocent themes. Being a hero, saving the planet, establishing the fence between “good” and “evil.” Moon was very much a glorified My Little Pony episode as far as maturity goes. Whether those childhood themes of love and internal conflict are mature or not is up to you though I guess? A lot of people find that stuff meaningful.

As for Kotori’s route, here’s a short quote from above~

I’ve talked more about Kotori’s route in other places, but essentially I see it as an introduction to the VN and nothing more. Props to Harvest Festa though. They made it into a nice teenage romance story.

Personally I have no problem with the inconsistencies. They are pretty glaring mistakes, but they can be interpreted and explained as part of the overall story as I have done across the Rewrite threads. Nevertheless, inconstancies include…

Kotarou’s power
Kotarou’s competence.
Kagari’s power/song of destruction/salvation.
Method of starting the song.
Kagari’s personality and motives.
Power rankings amongst familiars.
Lucia’s route being pretty much completely separate from the rest of the VN (still best route though)

Those are off the top of my head. Kanon could probably shout out a bunch more if you antagonize him enough.

2 Likes

the second half of it, very much so. I’d argue that the first half of it was significantly more mature though. I really liked all that stuff about communicating with Kagari when she basically can’t even speak. Once they started fighting though it all went to shit IMO.

By mature I wasn’t referring to “Save the world” or “Good and evil” themes, but to how they critize how the world works and society from different perspectives. They draw the kind of weak person who tends to need religion to live, show how large associations control the world from behind the scenes or how a little girl stops living normally and has to deal with a much important issue, such as protect something important for humanity, to give some examples and always referring to analogies with today’s society. Neither YGO nor MLP have nothing to do with the story of a boy with the power of rewrite the world, or how not knowing his place he still fights to protect what he loves (Kagari=Earth=Humanity).

The route is, as I said just before, about how a little girl has to deal with a big responsabilty since their parents died giving up on her own life. And by maturity I mean that, if you can’t see more than Kotarou fighting beasts. Not even a top route but still pretty good.

All those points as you said can be explained or interpreted just by the own visual novel, so I don’t see the point. Those are inconsistencies while you are playing, but not when you have finished everything. And talking about Kagari’s personality is just nonsense, she’s no person, just a book being written. Her motives are to assure that Aurora will keep expanding.