Rewrite - General Discussion

Yay! I think I voiced some ideas on reddit in the Key/Visual Art’s questions thing. I don’t remember though. Good to see more people thinking about this though. n_n

Oh, Photokano did that. I didn’t realize it at first and it was jarring. “Wait, this is an alternative?” But it does make sense. Especially for something like Rewrite where (completion spoiler) each route is effectively just a parallel universe that was already attempted, or at least that was my understanding of it, lol.

This.

I personally think introducing tiny parts of Moon (for example, while Kotarou is dreaming, or at the end of each episode, etc) would be a neat way to do it. When we switch to a different person’s routes, we see that episode start with (Moon) Kagari making adjustments to the world’s schematics to test out that route, possibly scribbling furiously when something doesn’t work. Like Lucia’s route.

Terra overall would be deserving of its own season… The story feels very large in Terra and there’s just so much of it…

2 Likes

I honestly think that 5 episodes would be a bit too much per heroine. I’m thinking at least 5 for common, and 3-4 per heroine (common is pretty long, so it might take even more time for this)

But yeah, moon + terra, I believe, should be enough to fit in 12 episodes. It’ll cut it tight, but it’s doable. yeah.

1 Like

Mmh, I don’t think Harvest festa! really worth a season. That’s because (Rewrite Hf! spoiler) most of the routes in Hf! are AU and I feel like they’re just jokes. Kotori’s and Chihaya’s route is worth for an episode each, I guess. But Akane’s route and Shizuru’s route, I really can’t take them seriously. Lucia’s in the other hand, was okay but unnecessary.(end of spoiler)
They might do for DVD/BD specials like LB!EX though.

Both LB! and Rewrite are quite hard to adapt as anime because of the nature of the storyline, but with skilled writer and awesome budget they’ll do well. I think.

1 Like

well it was there for a joke. Haha
I haven’t even read HF.
Coz from what I heard, it’s kinda like After story, if not alternate story.

Just wait until the translation is complete, then you’ll understand…

I moved 7 posts to an existing topic: Key Game Tech Support Topic

How come there’s not a Kagari topic ? I guess she was in Moon and Terra, but she should still get her own character discussion.

That’s an interesting point… Normally, you’d treat Moon and/or Terra as her character topic, but they’re not exactly character routes. So it’d make sense for us to have a Kagari character topic…

Only, things get really weird with Kagari. (Terra) Considering she’s actually two identical twins with the same name…

Nonetheless, we could definitely put up a Kagari topic, and have people incorporate those complications into the discussion.

EDIT: Got one up! Rewrite - Kagari Character Discussion Beware of spoilers if you haven’t finished Rewrite.

I dunno if this is the right place for this, but about how long is Rewrite? VNDB says it’s over 50 hours, but that’s a huge window. I know it can vary based on play style, so for reference, Clannad took me about 90-100 hours, Little Busters took 65-70 hours and Tomoyo After took me about 12. All of those were with walkthroughs

IIRC it’s about 98 hours on auto mode, so probably around 60/70 hours to read normally.

For an anime adaption. Couldn’t they just do the “Saya” approach that J.C. Staff did ? In Saya’s route in Little Busters!, (Saya’s route spoiler) I think it was episode 3’s ending, where Saya and Riki got to the end, then Saya went on to battle the Exucutives of Darkness’s boss aka Kyousuke. Then after that, she died, and we saw a title screen of a game, with the words “Game Over” and with the choices of “Quit” and “Replay” then she chose replay, narrating that she’s probably died more than 100 times. Then when she replayed, everything was reset (obviously), and we saw a new direction for her route. A direction that we’ve already seen, but a direction where thing things have been resetted.

Other than that, you can just add in some anime-original to the end of each route showing Kagari doing something. Obviously everyone will know what Kagari’s end scene during the end of each route foreshadowed.

I’d say
7-10 episodes for the Common route (since everything gets darker after that) so you might as well enjoy the 7-10 episodes of the days where everything was all fun and lollipop.

Kotori Route - 5 episodes
Lucia Route - 5 episodes
Chihaya Route - 5 episodes
That’s season 1, which is about 22-25 episodes.

Season 2 would start off with either Shizuru or Akane.
Shizuru would have 6 episodes
Akane would have 7 episodes
Moon would have 5 episodes
Terra would have 7 episodes

That’s around 25 episodes for a second season.
It would make sense that Rewrite would need a third season for a proper anime adaption, considering Little Busters! was shorter than CLANNAD, and CLANNAD is shorter than Rewrite. LB got 3 courses (EX not included). CLANNAD got 4 courses. So it would make sense if Rewrite got a third season (and yes, I understand anime adaptions aren’t perfect). Oh well. Most anime adaptions never get a third season, even if they are popular or not.

Then for OVA’s, I guess for the second season, they could do the Harvest Festa Route for Kagari.
For the first season, they could either do 1 OVA each for the Harvest Festa routes, 1 per girl, or they can just do OVA’s about the common route, since that’s what animation companies normally do.

It’s been a while since I’ve played Rewrite but isn’t Moon like 2 hours? Even if it’s longer I know it’s not the same as Kotori, Lucia and Chihaya. Also is Akane the longest? For some reason I remember Chihaya taking the longest for me.

How long is that? Could it fit into one episode?
Also Oppai Route OVA or riot.

Moon was like 4 hours, for me at least. And it’s just an average amount. It could be 1, it could be 10. Doesn’t really matter. I just said 5, if the animation company was gonna drag on the fights in moon.

I don’t remember much about the timings. But like I said, it’s just an average number. Akane’s route just felt like the longest to me personally.

And also, for OVA’s, it doesn’t have to just fit into 1. A lot of animation companies do OVA’s of character routes that didn’t fit in the anime. Like EX for Little Busters! which had Saya, Kanata, and Sasami. And Idunno how long her route is, all I know is that she has one in Harvest Festa. According to the translation team, saying which routes were translated and which routes needed to be translated.

Oppai Route. If the animation studio wants to. I mean, it’s likely, since it’s part of the game.

That’s a very themed approach though. I still think the “follow the blueprints” approach is best.

I don’t think it would. It’d probably be too dragged out. 24-52 episodes would be best imo.

The OVAs could be the friend collecting scenes, the various expeditions, or the spin-off endings.

A lot of it could be shortened. Not much actually happens in it.

If we go by auto-play times, these are the rough route times, rounded to the nearest hour:

Moon - 5
Kotori - 10
Chihaya - 11
Shizuru - 12
Akane - 13
Terra - 14
Lucia - 18

1 Like

Wow Lucia is the longest? I thought her route was one of the shortest. I guess it’s because route is so different it’s hard to compare when just reading.

Did it start at a different time? I know one of the routes did.
It also had an extra drama plot over the other routes, and the ending was dragged out for a couple hours longer than it needed to.

Yeah I can’t remember when but it split off before (end of common) leaf dragon in the forest where the rest were. I also forgot it add more conflicts than the rest, I only remembered (Lucia) her and Kotarou dating and fighting not her previous name .

Where did you get those numbers Taka? I’m certain Akane was much longer than Lucia.

1 Like

iirc they were the length of some YT footage of all the routes played on auto-mode. Akane’s is actually closer to 12 1/2 hours.
As a reminder, all of this happens in Lucia’s route:

The first 8 hours of Lucia’s route is the Asahi stuff, there’s 3 hours of slice of life stuff, followed by the date scene. Then 4 hours, including the Shizuru drama, the hospital move, the dog hunts, Lucia backstory, Brenda shows up - hospital move 2, Guardian insight, back to school, Guardian find out about Brenda’s plans, Kotarou and Lucia date, attack on Brenda, Lucia goes loopy, Kotarou rewrites himself, Chihaya shows up, Guardian show up, Guardian vs Gaia and creating a plan and arguing morals. The last 2 1/2 hours are made up of the fighting at the mall, and finding a long term solution for Kotarou and Lucia.

I know I’m a bit late here, but the following is pulled directly from an auto-play playthrough I did for a friend back when Rewrite first came out.

(Spoilers in Titles)

Which ultimately led to the following:

This factors in the Common Portions of the character’s routes (using auto-skip read text), but it’s still going to be pretty close.

2 Likes