Rewrite DVD/BD Details & More

Just to be clear, 13 episodes confirmed just means AT LEAST 13 episodes confirmed. Anything more than that is speculation. Please don’t be so negative as to say that it’s disappointing when there is still possibilities of split cours or something similar. Also, the anime hasn’t even aired yet. There are some anime with only one cour that are masterpieces. I’m not saying it definitely be a masterpiece either, but my point is don’t spread negativity for something that you haven’t seen.

9 Likes

I can be as disappointed as I want to be. People can react how they want to react based on someone’s comment. I’m not saying that it will be terrible. I’m only expressing my disappointment. I’m allowed to do that.

Of course there are animes with one cour that are fine. An adaptation of a VN that’s a masterpiece is another story. I was expecting a full version of the game, but I just don’t see it working out that way. As it’s been stated, there may be more. I don’t know.

Someone on another forum has mentioned they heard this will be the 6th route animated (Kagari route I assume?) I wonder if we will get glimpses of other routes in between of if they’ll do LB EX thing with OVA routes? Guess we will wait and see.

The Ryukishi07 game sounds interesting. I wonder what this will be about? Lucia related maybe?

Edit: I’m reading that Masakazu Morita(Kotarou’s VA) talked in the pre-screening event about the progress of the voice recording of the anime and said that they recently finished episode 7, he also said “Up to episode 7 is half of half of the story” (ANN forum)

@grooven How can you be disapointed in something you haven’t seen yet, or don’t know anything about?

Nowhere was it stated that Rewrite will be only 13 episodes long.

All we have are blu-ray listings for 13 episodes, it doesn’t mean there won’t be more.

And all of those ANN forumers are pushing forward their own interpretations of the presentation without a proper understanding of the language, so you can pretty much ignore them.

Please stop perpetuating misinformation.

4 Likes

Uh ? 13 episodes doesn’t equal entirety of Rewrite. I don’t know what kind of logic you’re following. There could be multiple seasons for all we know. This could be a split course for all we know, since it’s better to plan the BD’s and release dates for the first course beforehand, just to play it safe and be organized. This could be Aniplex testing Rewrite’s success for all we know.

I don’t think we should assume things, such as the 2 major assumptions that have nothing to back it up, such as

1. The entirety of Rewrite will be adapted into 13 episodes
  2. There will only be 2 seasons with a 13 episode first season that covers Common and the new sixth route, and season 2 that covers Moon and Terra.

We don’t actually know how many episodes Rewrite will get as a whole. We don’t even know how many seasons it’ll get. It’s better to wait until Rewrite actually comes out.

Yes, you’re allowed to express whatever you feel, but the thing is, you’re basing your disappointment based on basic assumption’s only. You’re not considering things such as split course, and having more than 1 season. That’s the thing with a lot of people who are saying the anime will be a disappointment. We don’t even know what the “sixth route” holds. It could be one of the best routes ever for all we know. It’s fine to show disappointment, but if it’s based on only assumptions that aren’t even definite or official, then it’s really just unnecessary negativity.

It was never stated Rewrite would only get 13 episodes. It was never stated Rewrite would only have 1 season.

4 Likes

But that’s why we have forums. To discuss possible negativity. I don’t see anything wrong with that post.
I guess you could take into consideration how this negativity may change public opinion, but saying positive things about it without any speculation is the same thing no? At least from what I get, these forums should be about discussing all things and opinions without bias.

1 Like

It’s definitely good to talk about both positivity and negativity, but if you’re going to say something, please back it up with reasoning. So when you say something like “I’m disappointed with the episode count” then say: what makes it disappointing? What is it about rewrite that needs more than 13 episodes?

Let’s try and make our discussion on a much deeper level, because I think it gives more meaning to all of our posts around here

1 Like

But uhh, the guy/girl (Grooven) even impied that rewrite needs more than 13 episodes unless it has some original idea. That was the original point of the post and people are kinda criticizing for not really a good reason.

Yes but why does rewrite need more than 13 episodes? I don’t necessarily agree with what others are saying in that negativity is bad but I do agree that assuming that it’s gonna be bad because of 13 episodes is misguided… Unless you can convince me otherwise, through your reasoning.

1 Like

There is certainly nothing wrong with putting the worst case scenario into account. For all we know, it might actually be just one cour and the adaptation might actually get the Grisaia treatment or it may just be the sixth route.

However, the problem here is that the negativity (i.e. disappointment) is stemming from particular assumptions (i.e. “it’s going to be trainwreck because it’s just one cour,” “it’s going to be just Kagari route”) misconstrued as facts. In a different language, they’re already assuming that the anime is going to fail even before the whole thing starts to air.

And that’s what some people here are trying to point out.

Feel free to write about the worst case scenario, but let’s be careful to distinguish between facts and assumptions because we have to avoid causing misinformation.

3 Likes

“routes won’t be possible unless it’s reset”-rewrite is a long game.

But on the same token, isn’t making positive statements about assumptions have the same implications? And he/she never said the anime was going to fail, but that it might be disappointing if they keep the low episode count.

The poster even said “I have to say”. That by itself is not a statement of fact, just an opinion.

Telling people to be optimistic, have an open mind, and think about possibilities, does not mean I’m telling them to be positive. Its saying to stop looking at it with a negative outlook, when that negativity comes from assumptions that aren’t official.

Being negative about this when we don’t even know how it’ll play out, is just unnecessary. Am I telling you to be negative ? No. Cause that negativity is based off of MAL assumptions that aren’t considering things (such as Split course, multiple seasons), the released BD’s SO FAR, and the scheduled episodes. But I’m not telling you to be positive either. I’m telling you to have an open-mind for this anime.

By all means, show your negativity if the entirety of the Rewrite episodes ordered is released, and if you’re not pleased with it. Show your negativity if the anime starts and you dislike it. But showing negativity to something that isn’t definite and didn’t even start yet, is unnecessary, when we don’t even know how it’ll play out.

The guy/girl is just expressing his/her opinion. Take it how you will.

I didn’t even state my opinion on the anime. I’m actually really looking forward to it because rewrite was pretty amazing imo.
Keeping an open-mind is also acknowledging both the positives and negatives. There’s no harm done other than to how people are thinking the public is going to react.

Pardon my presumptions on the “going to fail” part. But he was already disappointed because he assumed that there will be low episode count. The one in bold was the assumption misconstrued as a fact.

And I didn’t say that we need to be positive about assumptions either. Hyping people needlessly when the adaptation can possibly be bad is also not right. And I agree. My issue is on the way the assumptions are handled – as in the way they are being misconstrued as facts.

Well, anyway, this is getting awkward, and I don’t like dwelling too much on what a single person says, so I guess let’s get back on topic, shall we?

1 Like

Agreed.
Didn’t the first episode of the anime stream live or something recently? Anyone know how it went?

1 Like

This. Assumptions are the reason as BlackHayate expressed.

As much as I just want to get past this…Here I’ll put this as clear as possible.

Understand that I know where you are coming from. Grooven thinks that it will be 1 cour and thus it will be disappointing. There is a flaw however because we don’t even know it will be 1 cour and that might spread unnecessary or unjustified negativity.

But here is what I’m trying to say.

The problem is not really his response. It’s you. Based on the information about rewrite provided and limited knowledge of BDs, of course people will think it might only be 1 cour. You can’t blame them for that, and thus you can’t go criticize them negatively. Sure, he might of made a mistake, but you could have pointed that out without going on about public perception and how it might spread negativity…this is really the unnecessary part of all this.

2 Likes

Thanks Aeroxe, for understanding. This is getting a bit ridiculous. I didn’t mean to bring about a negative tone to the discussion. It was only my feelings, which I can have. I can assume things too. I also thought that we could have fun and speculate what to expect.

I stated my reasoning above based on the assumption of 13 not being able to properly convey the game as whole (like so many VN adaptations) I know there may be more, which I stated could be a possibility. That would be fantastic and look forward to seeing what they have in store. The end!

Making assumptions, thinking negatively from the assumption that there’s only 13 episodes is already unnecessary. Unless it’s actually confirmed for the entire series, it’s unnecessary to even make that assumption.

You aren’t understanding that spreading this negativity before the anime even airs is disrespectful in many ways to everyone involved in making the anime. People don’t have to be negative towards the anime that has had to go through much criticism from close-minded people who will think it’ll be trash because of the studio, team, episode count, format, and so on. People don’t have to be positive. But there’s no point in being negative when nothing’s actually confirmed.

1 Like

But that isn’t very clear; so if you’re gonna say your thoughts about it, it would be better to be clear enough so that other people can understand. If you’re disappointed in something, instead of just saying you’re disappointed, say why you’re disappointed so that other people can understand your disappointment.

I’m just going to state that for the sake of this thread, if you have concerns just pm me.

Look, the guy/girl didn’t do anything wrong and wasn’t intentionally trying to spread negativity. You can’t criticize him/her and point the finger and that’s that. All you need to do is acknowledge that he/she made a mistake and get it over with. I can’t put it more clearly than that.
Therefore, talking about disrespect to anime producers or public perception or how successful the anime will actually be is besides the point.

If you still don’t get it, I please urge you to read over my most previous post. The replies that I’ve gotten often don’t address the issues that I raise and just reiterate the opposing position.

1 Like