Rewrite - Anime Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

That is what I dislike most about some of the people on the Rewrite MAL community. They’re saying many negative things about Rewrite when nothing’s even been shown yet. Showing concern is fine, but when it starts going into negativity, its no longer concern.

2 Likes

I’m still not convinced that it’s going to be just one cour, until some actual official announcement come out. Amazon’s listings won’t infer anything other than the bare minimum numbers, and that has been said before already. However, if it’s just one cour, let’s just see how it’s going to turn out. One cour simply means that the adaptation will only run this Summer, as of now, and may not really necessarily mean Grisaia treatment.

If one cour means that it’s going to adapt the common route + 6th route + maybe Kotori route (1 cour might actually suffice with this much content, depending on how the 6th route will go), and there may still be more, good.

But if it does get the Grisaia treatment, well it depends on how it’s handled. If it’s really bad, I can always laugh it off. I say this unironically.

Alright so I just watched the live broadcast shown before the special screening of rewrite episode 1. Well not much new information, but I did take down some notes. Before I say this I would like to warn you all I AM NOT SKILLED IN JAPANESE AND I MAY HAVE SIMPLY MISUNDERSTOOD THE DIALOGUE SO PLEASE TAKE ALL THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. Anyways that said, here are the points that I noticed:

• Return of the monthly terra radio show confirmed!
  • Some new bgms will be composed by shinji orito
  • They will definitely be animating scenes from the VN, but will also be focusing on the “6th route” (yes they call it that)
  • There are a few scenes where kotarou has no dialogue for a long while (one script page)
  • However, over half of the anime consists of kotarou’s voice
  • Morita said it’s gonna be focusing on action?
  • A “requested scene” is going to be voiced by kotarou in Rewrite+ (personally hoping for a fully-voiced oppai route)
  • ryukishi07 is making a game as a bonus for the BDs (Since confirmed on the official twitter, and it comes with Vol. 4 of the BD)
7 Likes

I’m expecting something like that Mio murder mystery game. But why volume 4? That seems like a very odd place to put it. Unless maybe the game has something to do with Lucia…

Could we see some adaptation of Lucia’s arc around episodes 7-8? WILD SPECULATION~

But seriously guys, Aspi is SO PROUD OF YOU ALL RIGHT NOW. Where the discussion might have taken a very toxic turn filled with ambiguity, baseless assumptions rooting themselves as facts and complaining over something which doesn’t exist yet, you guys took the mature route, and refuse to let baseless assumptions take control. You’re even taking the worst case scenario and thinking productively about how it could be done well.

Fantastic work guys. Especially to @Pepe for pushing productive discussion forward.

Just remember; nothing is certain yet.

5 Likes

It looks like we’ll be getting two cours.

One of my friends on twitter said “they way Morita talked confirms that we will get 2 cours”

Well I guess this supports the “Split cour, Kagari route only” theory

There is some guy streaming the audio of the first episode!

EDIT: the live went offline for some reason :frowning:

“My friend said that Morita sounded like he was confirming 2 cours” is NOT confirmation. Please provide a more comprehensive and reliable source before claiming something as fact.

Probably because it was not allowed in the first place haha.

I think we can handle waiting for a week more. XD

People said that Morita stated that they have recorded the first half of the first half, hinted that there’ll at least be 2cours.

Its not a confirmation, but is very likely

Wasn’t that my quote in MAL ?? XD

I said “sounded like” since Morita said this “7話はまだ前半中の前半”
Rough translation: “Up to episode seven is half of half of the story”

Also my good friend iNVivO who understands japanese and watched the stream confirmed that Morita said that.

yes :3

Well that’s not very reassuring :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe because he was doing something illegal :stuck_out_tongue:

Considering the context, doesn’t that mean that they have only recorded the voices of the first half of the first half of Episode 7? Ergo, at the moment, they’ve only been able to record voices for up to the first 6 minutes of the episode. At least, that’s how I understand it

5 Likes

Sorry this is just me trying to make sense in Japanese even if I’m not as good as you Pepe :komue:.

I think you would understand it like that only if you take the sentence too literally, a native japanese speaker Said in twitter that this means that we will get 2 cours.

Also logically why would they mention how many minutes of an episode they did in a livestream xD?

Well I’m definitely not as good as a native speaker; frankly I couldn’t understand half of the stream :komue: So, sure, while it being 2-cour is a valid interpretation, he does say “ほぼ確定” which means “kinda confirmed” :stuck_out_tongue:
always take these things with a grain of salt because I am quite pessimistic; if you ask me how many episodes I believe Rewrite would be, I would have no answers for you (and I wanna keep it that way)

Well practically everything that Morita was talking about was regarding his voice acting role, like how he has silent parts or w/e. That being said, based on all the fun stories they talk about for voice acting, it would make sense that they’d mention the progress of their recording.

1 Like

The cover art of Dengeki G’s august issue has been released!
This issue will contain an interview with the director Tensho!!

8 Likes

It is now the turn of Kotarou and Kotori on the official website. It is special compared to previous… It fell like having a pair of comedy actors.

1 Like

Man, they really know how to buy-bait this thing. Cutest girl (Shizuru), fan-favorite route (Lucia), interview with Tensho, and something about Planetarian.

And there’s also that idol stuff

1 Like

So supposedly according to the scriptwriter KAI, the anime will truly adapt JUST “6th route”, but it will also develop the cast, so each girl will get her time to shine.

Please for the love of god, source your news properly.

I’m not warning you guys again.

1 Like

I think its around 23:00 (my internet has gotten slower now so I can’t really confirm it, sorry :komue:)

I’m still a beginner in japanese so I might be wrong but I remember Kai saying that they will adapt the 6th route only and give each heroine her time to shine properly.

@HeliosAlpha you are the person that I trust the most here when it comes to decrypting moonrunes so if what I said is mistranslated please tell me.
https://www.twitch.tv/shcboomer/v/74392804