Rewrite - Anime Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Love Live Sunshine’s OP is releasing July 20 and the show starts July 2 so I don’t think it’s that weird.

That doesn’t invalidate my statement in any way. Of course there are exceptions hence my use of the word “usually.”

Checking the anime I’m watching from the current season, the following shows release their OP around episode 6 or latter: Hundred, Netoge no yome, Mayoiga, Kabaneri, Sousei no Onmyouji, Magi, Haifuri, Flying Witch, Hero academia.

These anime release theirs earlier: Bakuon, Sansha Sanyou, Sakamoto, Tanaka-kun, Kuma Miko.

That’s 9 to 5, yet I still consider the date the weakest of the 3 arguments.

(That was a lot of googling. Fuck this shit!)

I think I misread your post. What I thought was you said Amazon was shady listing it. I’m pretty sure it’s just a placeholder. I looked up a few random summer anime OPs with confirmed names and all are apparently releasing July 27 which seems really coincidental.
(Cheer Danshi, New Game, Shokugeki no Soma S2)

I guess that’s some security, but it still seems like a stupid idea to throw money at something with no information or confirmation.

If it helps any, animate’s online shop also has it listed at the same details: http://www.animate-onlineshop.jp/sphone/products/detail.php?product_id=1402021&PHPSESSID=9abuhtgcd7j3su55uj4sl41l64

IMO it makes sense that they’re releasing it fairly early because these songs are already practically complete, so not much work has to be put into them; whereas for brand new singles, a lot more mastering, music videos, etc etc are made

It definitely looks shady, but this kind of thing is more often legit than not, at least as far as the purchasing goes (release date is probably the most variable thing). I know this happens to Nana Mizuki singles all the time where as long as there is information that “it will exist eventually” then it gets listed, even with no known title or tracks or price.

1 Like

Yeah the opening/ending single has been officially announced.

4 Likes

Well, took them long enough :stuck_out_tongue: My entire decision to buy or not depends on what bonus items they give out. Would love it if they gave a poster, as they did with Bravely You and Heartily Song. Otherwise, I already own the songs from other OSTs

lol I’d buy it but the shipping is too expensive =[.

We got a new Rewrite visual from this month’s dengeki G issue!

Artist: Masayuki Nonaka

8 Likes

Wow ! Kagari looks beautiful !!! I guess we can assume now that they won’t be adding highlights to the hair, but the details in the hair and dresses are beautiful.

Oh, and the eyes are also beautiful

3 Likes

btw, Next month’s Dengeki G’s issue will have Rewrite in its cover page and will also have feature an article about it.
it will be released at June 30.

4 Likes

:tired_face: Stop ! You’re making me eager for that issue :sweat::sweat::sweat: Now I feel restless for it…

Hopefully we get a beautiful Kagari cover page. Or Shizuru cause, it’s Shizuru.

since that Issue will be released at the end of June we will probably get a PV3 few days before that :smiley:

Also I want a visual for the queen Akane!!!

2 Likes

Yeah… They really do need a PV3. It’s kinda obvious that the PV2 was rushed to meet the deadline. Comparing the Grisaia PV to the Rewrite PV, you can tell the Rewrite PV is rushed.

Akane can get her time when Oppai is being promoted :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I wonder if we are getting a staff interview episode before the anime comes out, something like the Charlotte special, I’m an animation nerd so I really love those xD

Also yeah I agree, Grisaia’s PV was quite more polished than Rewrite’s PV, but Grisaia’s PV came only one month before the broadcast so they had time to polish it, anyways I just hope that PV3 is something great.

Hopefully. I’d love to hear their input

I’m just really excited about the (Rewrite) gory scenes. Things in Lucia’s route. Things in Kotori’s route. Things in Shizuru’s route. Moon too. All that blood and gore with this type of animation. Would actually look very interesting.

1 Like

I saw some scenes from Grisaia’s anime and they got me excited to see those scenes, Tensho has no chilll, trust me!
He really knows how to control the mood of a show, he even goes far to change how light hits the characters depending on the scene, he is a good director.

Well if Rewrite gets enough episodes to adapt everything well and do the original route then it will be a guaranteed masterpiece (God please T^T)

1 Like

I wouldn’t say a masterpiece. There’s really no such thing as a masterpiece (cause everyone’s a critic), but it will for sure be enjoyable with the great Rewrite cast, and tell a wonderful story, with Moon & Terra (and hopefully the new route if it turns out good).

And like Baba said, that hopefully, the new route added in, will hopefully make people (mostly anime viewers), understand and appreciate the message/true meaning that Rewrite’s trying to convey.

my definition of a masterpiece is : “a story that delivers its message well and develops the characters properly” (something like NGE, Hourou Musuko and FMAB)

And the Rewrite VN is very close to that for me, so if the Rewrite anime is just as how they described it in the interviews and has enough episodes then it will have the chance to be a masterpiece, and I really hope and pray that it will be like that.

also I’m excited to compare the things that I understood from the VN with the upcoming anime and its “clear message”

(Heavy spoilers for the entire VN) for me Rewrite is a sad love story which questions the human psyche, also it has many things that you won’t notice unless you read it more than twice, like the scene were Moon Kagari cries tears of sadness when Kotarou finds the true path in the Theory, that scene was very heavy for someone who already experienced Terra

3 Likes