Rewrite Anime - Episode 24 "A Promise Fulfilled with You"

Hoooo boy well that was a wild ride! (Yes I realize I am two weeks too late). Aaaaanyways, much like other people, I did feel regret at them not including the cit of stone scene. That was the most powerful scene of terra in the entire VN!!! But I think they made up for it with the final scene.

That one scene of kotarou and moon kagari running towards each other provides exactyl the catharsis I woud expect from any Key work. It justifies Kotarou’s illogical actions from the entire route; it justifies his whole meaning of existence. This meaning that he has been searching for since episode one. Where does kotarou belong? Simply, in moon kagari’s arms. That one small happiness is enough to turn the ending of the VN, which felt utterly anticlimactic, into one that I can look back upon and smile.

As for the rest? Well, I thought it was pretty good. As a whole, I believe season 2 succeeded in showing what it needed to show; it paced information in a fairly good manner, and focused on what needed to be focused on. Season 1 was a total disaster and I don’t even want to remember that :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just kind of disappointing how a lot of meta-info from other routes (well, mostly Chihaya’s and Akane’s routes) were lost with the anime. That and the whole tips section from the VN was missing. Well, that being said, I think it would be hard to understand the whole rewrite lore with just the anime. But hey, here’s hoping it convinced more people to ReadTheVN.org

5 Likes

#Kotagari REUNION! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That part like, FREAKED ME OUT! I kinda like that last scene, it’s soo beautiful! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes