PSA: Stop Double-Posting and Use Spoiler Tags Correctly

It has recently come to our attention that far too many members have been frequently double-posting and avoiding use of the spoiler tag. These constitute infringements of our Code of Conduct, and will not be tolerated. Repeat offenders will receive strikes for double-posting or not spoiler-tagging text. Please also make sure to mention what you’re spoiling in brackets before the spoiler, and consider editing one post instead of double-posting.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

Was I breaking the rule I know I double posted my first time but I was corrected right away.

Question: Is the double-post policy absolute or is there a “period of limitation” of sorts?
For example, if there have been no new posts in a topic for a certain amount of time, say, two weeks, a month or three months, etc., would the last poster still be a bad guy for making a double-post in order to revive the topic and/or share new information?
Or does the forum software actually mark a topic as having new posts if the latest post has been edited, making double-posting obsolete?

1 Like

It’s more a guideline than a steadfast rule, and we’ll judge it case by case. If double-posting is necessary to bump a long inactive topic, we’ll accept it. But in most cases (that we’ve been seeing increasingly lately), it’s just spam, and will be treated as such. Repeat offenders will receive strikes. First time offenders will be given a warning.

could somebody plz explainme what is double posting? :slight_smile:

Posting twice in a row.

haha, that was quite obvious! xd… but I mean, posting the same reply twice or just replying and no waiting for the others replies and relpying again??

Not having anybody else’s replies between your posts.

1 Like

ahh okok thnks!!.. so what if I forgot to write something in my reply? do I have to edit my previous one?

Yup. It’s to avoid having the forum get cluttered with a mass of posts when one will suffice.

1 Like

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.