Planetarian - General Discussion

Was that referring to us? I’m not in on all the jokes. I was considering it but then we got the text for AB! and I don’t have the book and so on. It kinda went in a box for later.

You need to listen to our podcasts :stuck_out_tongue:
So what, did the Jerusalem Drama CD come with a booklet with a complete transcript?

According to wikipedia there’s a LN with all the CDs, and that would help a lot with some of the special terminology they use. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetarian:_The_Reverie_of_a_Little_Planet#Light_novel

I’ve got a copy of the light novel but I don’t think there is a translation to it. The pictures in it do relate to the drama CDs. I’ve been looking for a translation for Jerusalem or even better, the light novel. I don’t currently have anyway to translate the text in the book. Though it has been encouraging me to learn to read Japanese.

Is it possible for you to make readable scans of that? I could probably get it some other way, but it would take longer.

1 Like

I don’t really understand Japanese, but this is what I get from listening Jerusalem.

Like in the wikipedia said, it’s about South American Unification Army trying to neutralize the situation where killings happen because of a mysterious sniper.
The sniper was revealed to be a nun, and they managed to silence her. But then she appears again, like, many even. The nuns seem to be misused nun robots, programmed to kill (but still managed to speak divine words as they do the killing) And then I don’t really understand the rest.
Sorry I wasn’t helpful
What makes this drama CD important to the plot, I think it was a story of how the world got ruined and that in the third drama CD, in the scene where the old Junker dying in his deathbed, a robot appeared and knelt before him to pray. That robot is the nun in my opinion. And when he was looking for Yumemi memory card, he was about to put it into the robot.

Anyway, I would really like to help if we make the translation project for Jerusalem happen. As I have already mentioned in the other thread, having translation projects might be good for Kazamatsuri.org as an active community. I have read several pages from the LN too (available in google books), and it doesn’t seem to be 100% same with the drama CD.

And, the translation of Hoshi no Hito in youtube wasn’t particularly “well done” in my opinion, but still I am very thankful for their job.

2 Likes

I’d redirect you to @Hirato 's Link. I confirm it has the whole book top to bottom there. I’ve been taking brief pot shots at translating bits of it.

Not for me. I get: “Page X to Y is not part of the preview”. I guess I’m in the wrong country or I have to throw money at the screen in some fashion.

I have the same issue, which is why I stated “several pages”. Unfortunately in my case, the Jerusalem part has a large bits unavailable.

That’s how google books work.

I’m done read planetarian…Finally after long time not cry----damn----another story broke my kokoro

I enjoying the story so much~ and I expect more dangerous love story between Mr. Junker x Yumemi ^/////////^ uehehehehe~~
I know from the start that she might be broke after he meet this guy (junker).

Usually robot will protect human and then at the end of story they will broke----I’m talking about whooopss becareful BigHero6 and I also find many stories like this in shojo manga…

Is there any continuation for this VN? I mean when she’s dying. she asked Mr. Junker to take ‘something like microUSD?? or anything that contain yumemi memories from her ear???’

Is he gonna make a new robots using Yumemi-chan memory??

P.S. : After I’m done with my exam, I’ll draw Mr. Junker-san x Yumemi-chan. I always weak with characters which is have same personalities like Mr.Junker-san—he’s so sadist at the first and then he’s getting more and more softer (but still using harsh words to her) :smiley:

3 Likes

There is a prologue(snowglobe) and a continuation(Hoshi no hito) available from the drama CDs. These are translated on youtube, then you can buy the raw version on Itunes to support Key.

2 Likes

I do believe those are continued in the Hoshi no Hito drama CDs (which I really need to listen to one of these days)

I’ll look forward to that, then! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, go listen to Hoshi no Hito! It’s pretty much a complete sequel.

4 Likes

Alright, I’ve just finished Planetarium via Steam. Thanks to a fellow member.
I loved the story, and the MC is adorable. I’m still gazing at the sky and thinking about the end and everything… sigh

Glad to know there’s a sequel. Nevertheless, the story was OK alone, as is.

5 Likes

This just popped up over at the Steam forums. Currently there are 19 achievements with 16 hidden which are achieved upon certain chapters and hidden to avoid spoilers. You can still see them by opening the achievements tab and selecting “Global Achievements”.

5 Likes

Yes. The very meeting of the Junker and Yumemi can be considered ‘the Key magic’ in planetarian. Doubley so given how stressed it was that everything required for their meeting was near impossible to happen.

That seems more like fate than Key magic to me. If that does count wouldn’t the powers in Charlotte count as Key magic?

1 Like

The powers in Charlotte, whilst not present in everyone, aren’t treated as being uncommon themselves. Whilst Yumemi and Junker’s meeting is basically acknowledged as being a miracle.

I read the iOS version of Planetarian about a month ago. I really enjoyed the voice acting and being able to switch back and forth between Japanese and English. I haven’t read/played any VNs by Key so I don’t have much to compare the mechanics to.

Anyway, the first half of Planetarian was somewhat boring to me, although I did like the interactions between Yumemi and Junker (I guess that’s what we’re calling him). I was not expecting to cry because I thought I didn’t really care about Yumemi that much, but when she died… the scene between the two characters was so touching and I cried anyway.

I don’t particularly care for the soundtrack much. I do like Hoshi no Sekai and Itsukushimi Fukaki. Do most people know these are arrangements of “What a Friend We Have in Jesus”?
One of the first replies on this thread said something about Mattaki Hito being church-sounding, which I found ironic, because Itsukushimi Fukaki is the church one :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, I also like Human Warrior.