Photoshopping Hobbies

So,I’ve developed a new hobby as of late,whereupon I make everyone and everything hold a Nestle Crunch bar. I was just wondering if anyone else had similar strange things they do with pictures from time to time.

5 Likes

I took a year of graphic design but never really got into it, however I appreciate those who are really good!
Your Nestle Crunch bar pictures are incredible haha, but why ketchup?

Thanks for the praise,but art wise I can barely draw a stick figure lol. I was going to use a normal crunch bar,but then I found the ketchup one,and I just couldn’t help myself. As for why Tsubame is holding a ketchup cup,I wanted to replace what she was already holding with something relating to the bar.

Original Pic

All of those images remind me of the Nature Valley craze that struck AniTwitter sometime last year…

2 Likes

@Bonecuss This is your chance to post all your Aspifaces!

2 Likes

I’ve always been a fan of doing silly photoshops over many years!
I guess I’ll post a couple of my @Aspirety edits, maybe more if I find some others.
This is probably my favourite one.

There was some weird discussion I had with @Kluck that resulted in putting aspi’s face on the moon for some reason:

There’s of course a fair amount to be done for me and @LinkThinks 's everlasting project of Masato x Kagari:

(maybe i really should flip masato in that image it’s weird)

Here’s a cut-out of the original picture that started it all, if any of you want! It’s a good enough cut-out for most things.

9 Likes

Crunch… with Ketchup? That sounds awful…
Ketchup sandwich? Okay, manageable.
Ketchup Walkers? Lovely.
Ketchup and chocolate? Uh… No pls.

I don’t think I have a specific trait when photoshopping stuff… I just mess about~
My favorite one of recent date is this:

I don’t photoshop as much anymore… The only thing I’ve used the program for in the past few years is for saving psds for reallivemax, and making little badges like these:

That was a cool little hobby for a while.

This came to mind immediately.

1 Like

Don’t worry about the Masakaga,I took the liberty of coming up with a solution,they won’t possibly notice Masato is looking the other direction when they see the giant Crunch Bar he’s holding

I gotcha covered,Fam.

13 Likes

Photoshopping Hobbies?, like this?

1 Like

I took a class in Photoshop in my last year of high school, and it’s one of the few things I’m continuing to work on to this day. My photoshopping isn’t quite as good as some of the examples posted above (that MasaKaga Crunch pic is hilarious), but it’s something. Here’s a little something I made just today. :wink:

Yay Tsubame! And… I can think of more CGs where you could edit in one of those bars, are there white chocolate versions? IfyouknowwhatImean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Personally I don’t use Photoshop but Gimp, because I’m a poor bastard and because it does the same stuff anyways, been teaching myself how to use it through learning by doing for ~7 years now^^

Anything I can show… haven’t really done a whole lot lately except avatars 'n stuff, how 'bout this thingy I made for my fuwanovel profile a while ago

Or a Kumagawa wallpaper from even longer ago

1 Like

To be honest I may or may not have already done certain CG’s as a request,and I may be persuaded to PM you if you’re interested I have no idea what you’re talking about. whistles

I prefer gimp in most situations. They both have odd little features that the other doesn’t though, so sometimes I have to switch around.

I’ve tried both,and I’ve been using Paint.net
Photoshop has too many features that I’ll never use,and I couldn’t wrap my head around Gimp’s UI (Just a personal preference thing)
I’ve used it for all my Crunch edits,and so far I’m loving it

Paint.net is a good introductory tool, but it’s very barebones. It’s closer to MSPaint than Photoshop imo.

Gimp and Photoshop’s UI are fairly similar, especially if you use Gimpshop. They have pretty much the same features. There are slight differences, such as Photoshop having better export options and a better perspective tool, or gimp having a nicer smudge tool. Photoshop gets a lot of brushes and pre-made filters and other user-made content.

1 Like

Yeah,like I said,options I probably won’t use,which is why I prefer it’s simplicity. I’m artistically challenged to an astounding degree,the kind of special that makes your mom pat you on the head and give you a smile when you show her your picture. So I’m good with barebones edits lol

Oh. Photo Manipulation, huh. I do that a lot. Especially when I’m bored. xD

13 Likes

Mhm, nah @Iotheria, don’t really have any use for those, or I’d make them myself cough, but thanks for the offer^^

[quote=“Takafumi, post:13, topic:1889”]
I prefer gimp in most situations. They both have odd little features that the other doesn’t though, so sometimes I have to switch around
[/quote]Whenever I see something from photoshop that I can’t reproduce in Gimp I try plugins or do something that looks similar

Speaking of plugins, the 2 most useful ones I have are LayerGroups and GMIC imo, would never ever work without those again^^

I made this in 2009, note that I didn’t draw the clothes, that was from umineko no hollywood. It was a pretty quickly thrown together thing.

4 Likes

So,I decided to keep a catalogue of all my CRUNCH edits,and plan to update it everytime I make a new one,so for those interested.
( http://imgur.com/a/xJ31W ) < Had to put parenthesis,otherwise it tries to upload the whole album

EDIT
I’ve moved onto a more site appropriate CG set

This one is unnecessarily pixel perfect. You can’t even see the CRUNCH bar that Akane is holding,and Shizuru’s tiny bangs are over the bar on her eyepatch

8 Likes