Owari no Hoshi no Love Song 8. Toaru Kaizokuou no Kimagure (The Whims of a Pirate King)

Discussion topic for Track 8 of Owari no Hoshi no Love Song: Toaru Kaizokuou no Kimagure (The Whims of a Pirate King). Please support the official release by purchasing the album from iTunes! You can find a translation of the lyrics on ShiraneHito’s blog.
Please tag references to later songs or outside works with the [spoiler] tag, providing adequate context in parenthesis.

What would you rate this song?

0 voters

So what kind of love song is this supposed to be? There are 3 relationships in the story and they’re all pretty shitty. The girl gets along with the crew decently at first but then tries to kill them. The captain wants to leave his own crew and fuck off somewhere. And between our two “main characters,” their whole relationship is the captain slapping the girl and telling her to come with him because it’s convenient.

P.S. This world has cyborg pirates :deino:

1 Like

Hello everyone and welcome to the most forgettable song on the entire album in every single way.

I dunno, nothing about this ever stuck out to me, the song just washes over me, the love story is iffy at best, nothing about it requires the ruined world, and the girl, well, they’re pirates, what did you expect them to do.

Even the part of the song with all the [PIRATES RAIDING] noises is overshadowed because Executioner no Koi literally just did that right before this.

It’s right in the middle of the album and is compleeeeeetely filler to me.

Although cyborg pirate captain is pretty cool.

Yeah, a pretty forgettable song if I ever said so myself. Nothing much to gain from it either. The only cool thing is that the title itself is pretty fitting: the pirate king sure has some whims to him.

Like, what caused him to suddenly decide to jump ship? Sick and tired of fighting? Or his body is too weak to keep up that lifestyle? Ah well, all we know is he escaped with the girl (and the ship probably sunk at that point, too!) and maybe they lived happily ever after. :smart:
Maybe.

This song needs an alt ending where the girl becomes the pirate captain at the end. That would make it a way more interesting song thematically and a better fit. Oh well :stuck_out_tongue:

I like listening to this song a lot. The premise of the girl who had lost everything to violence escaping into a pirate crew has a really cool romantic feel that breaks up the onslaught of sadness. This song makes me think of the kind of adventure books I read as a kid. The music has a great energy to it, and this is one I have fun singing along with.

I love this song, but from the other songs on this album I am left feeling it could have been more than it ended up being.

3 Likes