Nintendo Topic

Oh. My. God. This changes everything.

1 Like

Wait, this means I can have Aspiā€™s ā€˜FACK YEAHā€™ play at the end of levels.

1 Like

So hyped for Super Mario Maker. Iā€™ve been playing around with editors for Mario games for years now and to have one come out officially is just all sorts of amazing.

1 Like

If you have room for a splatoon sqad Iā€™m in.

Iā€™m not much of a gamer, but Pokemon was my childhood soā€¦
I still donā€™t play many Nintendo games (between my siblings and I, we own all the pokemon games, and a few Super Mario games and Super Smash Bros Brawl).
However.
When I played Super Smash Bros Brawl for the first time I realized Marth was a thing and he was pretty much perfect for my tastes (blue hair (blue is my favorite color), humanoid (I donā€™t really like the non-human Nintendo characters), and speaks Japanese). And then my friend told me she owns Path of Radiance and Shadow Dragon so we played those together. Then she bought Radiant Dawn, which we just finished earlier in the week, and I checked out Awakening at the library and borrowed my brotherā€™s 3DS and spent all my time locked in my room playing that.
I just really like Fire Emblem. Someday I WILL play New Mystery of the Emblem.

2 Likes

Is that splatoon squad still a thing? Cause Iā€™m pretty fresh.

2 Likes

POKEMON GO HYPE
So yeah thatā€™s a thing. Not much else to say other than this exists. What do you guys think?

1 Like

I dunno. If it somehow makes it more easy to obtain Hidden Abilities and/or good IVs or shinies or something practical it may pique my interest a little. Curious what those in-app purchases are going to be.

Right now the only Pokemon thing Iā€™m really waiting on is Super Mystery Dungeon. Hope itā€™ll be good.

1 Like

I find it kind of amusing how people can actually be hyped for this. The game will never be anywhere near as good as the trailer makes it seem. Itā€™ll in the end just be some kind of fun little distraction, like any other Smartphone game. It probably wonā€™t even be used much, since it seems to demand gamers to go outside, and most people will be put off by that. I expect it to sell well when it initially releases, but it will fade into obscurity soon after, never to be heard from again.

Heh, neat trailer. But yeah, its a mobile game, so we all know how those go. Also @LinkThinks +1 for Super Mystery Dungeon. Iā€™ve always loved those.

By the way since this is a nintendo topic, who here plays smash 4 ds? maybe we can get a game going.

Now that i think about it, is anyone interested or hyper about Pokken tournament?

Here if you havenā€™t heard of it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EF92j3g1pE

Iā€™m not into fighting games or Pokemon, so Iā€™m not really hyped about it. Looks like a decent enough game though.

1 Like

I tried the location test way back when, and thought it was pretty fun. Iā€™m not a very good fighting gamer, though, and I just button-mashed my way to victory ^^;

I am indifferent but my younger brother is excited for it :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s obviously not going to be like the trailer, but pokemon just fits that Augmented Reality concept so well. At its core, pokemon is a game about going to new places and finding things there. Well, there are lots of places in the real world to go to, itā€™s just that the only things youā€™ll find in a lot of them are bugs and nature (ewww). Being able to explore the real world to find pokemon for your game just sounds fun.

ewww

I still stand by it being some fun little distraction. I see most people using it when theyā€™re out an have nothing to do. I donā€™t think gamers will ever actively go outside to actively try to find Pokemon through their smartphones. The only people I see doing this are children.

My favorite Nintendo game is Metroid. It is the good game of Nintendo.

I think a lot of you guys are underestimating Go because ā€œAwww mobile gaaaaaamesā€.

Ingress became a rather big success after itā€™s launch and is extremely clever. Niantic would do absolutely fine with a second project like this and with both financial and design assistance from both Nintendo and The Pokemon Company it will probably be rather solid.

Itā€™s not just a ā€œGo out and catch Pokemon and burn staminaā€ game like people seem to think it is after the immediate ā€œMUH MOBILE THOā€ backlash. Thereā€™s a full game system set up, we see in the trailer that thereā€™s battling.

Not to mention itā€™s been confirmed to be one of the leading titles for Generation VI and will link with other games, meaning the hardcore players of the main games will be trying to maximize itā€™s potential like they do with any add-on app launch (Dream Radar, as a recent example)

And lastly, in general, Mobile Game does not equal Bad Game and you shouldnā€™t write something off because of it. Especially nowadays where bigger companies are willing to take bigger risks on our current much better tech.

Probably Master Balls or something.

2 Likes