New Lia Album - REVIVES -Lia Sings beautiful anime songs-

This guest article was brought to you by forum member Mitsuna. Thanks Mitsuna!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/new-lia-album-revives-lia-sings-beautiful-anime-songs-/
2 Likes

Earlier today, Lia announced via her Twitter that she will be releasing a new album!

For the first time, Lia is releasing a cover album which contains a variety of anime songs ranging from Naruto to Card Captor Sakura and even Angel Beats!

Track List
Blue Bird - (Naruto)
Sousei no Aquarion - (Sousei no Aquarion)
Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari - (Bakemonogatari)
Ichiban no Takaramono - (Angel Beats!)
ETERNAL WIND ~Hohoemi wa Hikaru Kaze no Naka~ - (Gundam F91)
Platinum - (Card Captor Sakura)
Tamashii no Refrain - (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
OPEN YOUR MIND ~Chiisana Hane Hirogete~ - (Ah! Megami-sama)
Reflection - (Mulan)
Mononoke Hime - (Mononoke Hime)

The album will contain ten anime song covers, all which have been listed in the announcement video, and is released under Lia’s label 1st Place. It has been quite a while since we had a new Lia album, whilst Lia’s singles and songs written with other composers have been recent, her album work has been quiet for a long time.

Her music career slowed down a little due to her lifestyle and family so it is a wonderful surprise to see an album with 1st Place after so long. 1st Place have updated Lia’s page which all of the information about the album that is available so far:

The release date is April 25th 2018 with the price being 3240 yen, and the cover boasts a lovely image of Lia herself. A full Lia album like this has not been seen since 2011, the last one being “Enigmatic Lia 4 -Anthemnia L’s core”, therefore this news is incredibly exciting!
What are your thoughts on this album? I am sure these songs hold nostalgia for many of us here.

14 Likes

Lia singing “Blue Bird” is just… yes! So much yes!

2 Likes

I saw this and I immediately assumed it would be A Cruel Angel’s Thesis.
Disappointment Saito.
:uee:

2 Likes

That would be pretty cool haha, but Tamashii no Refrain is a pretty cool song too

Omg Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari by Lia! Hell yes.

4 Likes

I am unbelievably into this. Cannot wait!

1 Like

Woahhhh :ramenset:
This is a really interesting track list. Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari and Open Your Mind are both going to be knock outs.

1 Like

Omgggg Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari and fuckin Platinummmmmmmmmmmmmm yeeeeeeeeey

2 Likes

Should I feel weird that the cover I’m most excited for is Tamashii no Refrain? :yahaha:
And just to point out, yes, Mulan (and other disney flicks) are classified as Anime in Japan

2 Likes

Oooh nice!

I’m excited for Sousei no Aquarion, Eternal Wind, and Tamashii no Refrain!

More people should cover Tamashii no Refrain yes!

2 Likes

I’m excited to hear her version of Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari

1 Like

Did anyone else end up picking this up? I got it and am loving it. It’s on the US iTunes store now as well!

I ended up not actually being that impressed by Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari. It is still a great song, and she does well with it in general. But I think the style changes to the song took away from the impact. The whole thing is a little mature, and little relaxed feeling and it just didn’t sell the song to me. That is my more nit-picky opinion though, I have still been listening and enjoying it.

Platinum ended up being kind of loungy feeling. It is a really interesting take on the song, not what I was expecting, but still fun to listen to. I like it when they change the feel of songs when they do covers, it makes the cover feel more justified to me.

Open Your Mind is probably my favorite, though Tamshii no Refrain is really good too. Both the mixes and her voice suit these tracks well.

1 Like

I love Lia’s vocal and the cover she’s done for platinum with her own twists with jazz sounds mimifechi feel free check out the album !

3 Likes

Ohhh :ohhh: ohhh my… This album is a treasure trove! I can’t believe I haven’t heard about this before!

These are some of my favorite anime songs ever! Blue Bird? Sousei no Aquarion??
Sweet jesus Platinum!??? Platinum is pure love, this is too much. I’m buying it! Thank you so much for showing this goldmine to me!! :yahaha:

Aw I just saw the album when i went to the key orchestra concert. They sold it with the other concert merchandise on a checklist paper of goods. If only I had known this list of songs before I would have bought the album that time