New Angel Beats! Manga Comes in August

As teased at the end of Heaven’s Door, all the way back in October, We finally have details on the next part of the Angel Beats! saga coming in only about a month.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/new-angel-beats-manga-comes-august/
5 Likes

With a manga covering what comes after First Beat my hopes for having another AB VN have reached negative values. Still, great news for the franchise. Can’t wait to find an affordable way to get both Heaven’s door and this new project.

Finally some angel beats news! I was waiting for an official release date for 2nd beat or an English localisation for 1st beat, but I guess it’s time to give up. Oh well, a new manga is better than nothing

Yes, it’s frankly best to give up on both of those. Unless they say anything new, I believe Last Operation really will be the last part of the franchise.

So much for a franchise with so much potential…

I know right? I just hope that the manga will reveal every sss member’s back story, with that I can die in peace

1 Like

What about next chapters of Angel Beats visual novel?
It will be forgotten?
Feel good to know news about Angel Beats, i hope we can see the stories of sss members, it would be fine if they appeared in the anime.

Nice I can’t wait to not be able to get a copy of this just like I didn’t with Heaven’s Door vol 2 despite preordering a year in advance.

A little salt.

I think this entire wait/ delay has to do with Maeda’s health. He recently even closed his Twitter account too. So I imagine they want to continue with it, but they want him involved. I’m guessing this is the best way for them for now. I’m really interested to see what they do with the manga :slight_smile:

Similar to what Arete mentioned earlier, I think I’m going to wait on this news and anything to do with this manga for a time. Heaven’s Door still has no release date (for most of us of course) and the first manga of this won’t be translated and released for a while anyway.

There’s no reason to be disappointed until the chips are on the table I guess.

Is there still no news of The AB visual novel?

Updated the article with some quotes released just today.

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath.

3 Likes

PSA: The first two chapters of Angel Beats! -The Last Operation- are posted on ComicWalker now. The next chapter is scheduled for Nov 15, so it’s possible that chapter 2 could be taken down then. If you want to check it out, now’s the time to start.

1 Like