Long Long Love Song 6. Kimi Dake ga Itekureta Machi

Discussion topic for Track 6 of Long Long Love Song. You can find a translation of the lyrics on ShiraneHito’s blog.
Please tag references to later songs or outside works with the [spoiler] tag, providing adequate context in parenthesis.

What would you rate this song?

0 voters

I provided Shiranehito with the lyrics from the booklet so that he could make this amazing translation :slight_smile:
http://shiranehito.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-290.html

Damn this song is beautiful and sad :disappointed_relieved: Maeda at his best!

1 Like

Welcome to the Kumaki Anri voice showcase. As it’s been known for a couple of months, our company’s been working on a brand new lead voice pack named Kumaki Anri, and here we are to show its main features through this song.

Our voice pack specializes in soft, emotional singing. This is possible thanks to its innovating 3-lung-system, that allows Kumaki Anri to exhale more volume of air per syllable than a jet engine exhaust. All this while perfectly maintaining the impossible notes that you composers seem to eagerly put in your works. This can be seen, for instance, in Mirai mo kurashi.

However, we’re fully aware that you won’t be using this feature all of the time, but we wanted to show you the amazing effect you get from not using it during just one or two notes in almost the whole song: an incredibly natural sounding voice that surprises the listener. Please enjoy the the verse “Sore nari ni ikiteru yo”.

An additional and very anticipated feature is the new volume control software that has been rewritten from scratch. Kumaki Anri will be able to change the gradient of its voice volume in the middle of syllables through a 364th order function to enable exact trimming of the desired volume curve. This feature can be observed in the line Neko mitai de ii na.

So with all this you may place you order sending a pigeon to our offices and for just 299$ you’ll be receiving the wonderful Kumaki Anri voice pack.

BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE

If you order Kumaki Anri directly from us before leaving the conference hall you’ll be receiving our siamese guitarists who are essentially the same person but with small discrepancies, as can be heard throughout the song due to them playing the same chords over and over but with small variations. However, like the lovers the showcase song talks about, they’ll always end up being in sync with the last chord even if they are taken away from each other.

Seriously though, amazing song and nice lyrics. As I’ll comment on other songs, Maeda did a great job taking very few resources and assembling them in a very simple way, while getting the most out of the elements he used: Guitar’s chord progression establishment and counterpoint between the melody that changes over and over and Kumaki Anri’s soft and expressive voice. Throw in some decent lyrics and you got a 5/5 song.

Edit: Due to my lack of ability to communicate things while staying away from more formal tones, I’ll explain once again what I said before in case it’s not understood.

I’m basically highlighting Kumaki Anri’s voice’s more notable features which are also used to their fullest in this particular song. I’m referencing how she is able to give a soft voice tone by exhaling a lot of air in each note/syllable, something that most of us wouldn’t be able to do as we’d either run out of air or wouldn’t be able to match the notes while maintaining a loud enough voice. Also, since she’s doing this during the whole song, in the parts where she actually doesn’t exhale so much air in a single note it gives a very natural feeling that is perceived as unexpected (but welcomed) by the listener.

Another characteristic of her voice is how during long notes, Anri seems to be able to modulate her voice volume from quiet to loud, loud to quiet, loud-quiet-loud, and pretty much anything that can be imagined without changing the soft voice feeling. It really amazed me how good her volume control was.

To finish up, we hear two guitars during the whole song. These two guitars establish some chord progressions and follow them as expected, but they play counterpoint melodies between them. This is a sign of separation between both lovers in the song. However, when we get to the end, both guitars close the song with a single chord played by both at the same time, symbolizing the union of both lovers (even if just figurately through their love and how they remember each another).

7 Likes

WOW…
I was not expecting this song to end in a NTR story
:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like