Long Long Love Song 5. Yakusoku no Uta

Discussion topic for Track 5 of Long Long Love Song. You can find a translation of the lyrics on ShiraneHito’s blog.
Please tag references to later songs or outside works with the [spoiler] tag, providing adequate context in parenthesis.

What would you rate this song?

0 voters

This is easily my second favorite song of the album, so I’ll have more to say about it, but for now I’ll just focus on the special way it’s been presented to us.

History Time (Even if it was yesterday)
July 28 - I was really confused and quite salty when I noticed that my most anticipated song of the album didn’t include all of the lyrics in the booklet. Thank god, Shirane is better at transcribing by ear than I am. It made no sense to me why they would cut out the lines that give the entire song context and doubles the punch.
August 31 - Suddenly I have a new video for something that was supposedly complete. Btw, Maeda does mention that Yakusoku no Uta was initially planned to get a video, but Bokura Dake no Hoshi was added to the roster in March. I guess ZEN might not have had time to do both or something. And this new video now includes the exact lyrics that weren’t in the booklet.

This creates a lot of mixed feelings for me. For a month, I felt kinda cheated. I bought the CD almost entirely for the written content that would be included, so I didn’t get the thing I paid for really. Now in hindsight though, we have this really cool split content that becomes so much better together (and I also didn’t have to pay anything extra). Of course it helps that the video is really good, but that’s for another days.