Long Long Love Song 11. Ushio no Tame no Komoriuta

Discussion topic for Track 11 of Long Long Love Song. You can find a translation of the lyrics on ShiraneHito’s blog.This track is a vocal arrangement of Clannad’s The Place Where Wishes Come True
Spoilers for Clannad ARE allowed, so if you have not read or watched Clannad and Clannad After Story, proceed at your own risk.
Please tag references to later songs or outside works with the [spoiler] tag, providing adequate context in parenthesis.

What would you rate this song?

0 voters

I made a very rough translation of this track.
Note that I cannot read Japanese at all. This was done purely using Google Translate, Romanjidesu and my own imagination, so feel free to make corrections :wink:

Romaji
Itsukade ï kïtte hoshï yami no naka ni ita hi o.
Don’na kibō mo hikari mo naku tada sugi yuku kanashimi no hi.

Itsukade ï kïtte hoshï kimi no mama to sugoshita hi.
Subete ga kagayaite mieta tsumaranai koto mo yorokobi ni kawatta.

Tōtotsu nï furu ame karamo mama wa mamotte kureta yo.
Sono-te o shinjite ikitara.

Kimi ga ita yo.
Kimi to ita yo.

Nagisa ni kaita kimi no na ha imademo.

Itusakde ï kimi ga zutto ōkiku nätta toki
papa to umi ni ïtte hoshï
Kitto mama to yoku nita
kimi no soba de nami wo ano hi no yo ni mitai.

English
Someday I’d like you to listen to the day I was in the dark.
A day of sorrow that passed without hope or light.

Someday I’d like you to listen to the nice day I spent with your mother.
Everything that looked trivial, shined and transformed to joy.

Mama also protected me from the rain falling abruptly.
Believe in that hand and live.

You were there.
I was with you.

Even now, Nagisa wrote your name.

Someday, when you grow bigger,
I’d like you to go to the beach with papa all the time.
I’d like to see the waves besides you
like I did with mama that day.

Obviously this track is straight Clannad fanservice, and I appreciate the service, but there’s this hilarious thing that pulls me out of the experience every time. When Kumaki says “Nagisa,” you have in the background what I can only describe as ‘the concussion sound.’ You know how in film when a character gets hit in the head or there’s an explosion or whatever the screen shakes and becomes blurry while you can’t really hear what’s going on because the sound is dominated by a high pitch ringing? That exact ringing is in this song, and I can’t not focus on it. As soon as that sound pops up, none of the previous emotions matter and are replaced by confusion and laughter.

1 Like

Delet this. I don’t really understand what you mean but I’m not gonna let you ruin my IMMERSION. uhh anyways… Wait no what the hell is wrong with your copy? Isn’t that the violin? Ahem… I really, really like this song because I guess if it wasn’t already obvious, it basically plays out in Tomoya’s head during the flower field scene. And that’s the best scene. I really should seriously analyze this… someday.