Little Busters! - Refrain Arc Discussion

They never said which field trip

Guys, Alternate Universes.
Such things are literally canon in at least two, maybe three other Key games alone, all routes should be assumed to be alternate universes unless the plot states otherwise, such as LB.

Kud Waf is just a ‘if Riki started dating Kud after the entire ordeal was over’ universe, I’m sure there would also be a ‘if Riki started dating Rin’ universe and plenty others, ‘if Riki started dating Kurugaya’, ‘if Riki started dating Kyousuke’, ‘if Riki started dating Saya’, just about any reasonable one should ‘exist’ as an unseen but fundamentally ‘canon’ possibility.

3 Likes

That was my point. In my opinion Kud Wafter follows a universe after the field trip to the ocean where Kud and Riki get together. But that doesn’t mean that one can’t exist with the other heroines/heroes as well.

Another spinoff may pop up later where Riki ends up with Kyosuke or something.
I bet Mio would love that.

And Kud Wafter cannot be set in the fake world because the Fake world only covers the first semester and always loops and starts over.

Heeyyy~ there are much speculation about Saya, Kanata, and Sasami

BUT HOW ABOUT LENNON??!

I know Lennon is something like Kyousuke’s alter-ego in artificial world
But how if Lennon not just some alter-ego made by Kyousuke
how if Lennon is already death in the real world
he also come to artificial world because he see something bad happened to his master
or maybe he isn’t death from start
Some articles said animal sixth sense is more strong than human
they can heard human’s cried in their nearly death

I think Lennon is special cat
He doesn’t like another Rin’s cats
I can say that because
when Rin brushing all of her cats
Lennon can’t be seen anywhere (whereas Lennon always with her right in VN, he like to climb into Rin’s face)

Sometimes I imagine that Lennon is a cat that found by Kyousuke when he seeked for his job
His condition is very bad when Kyousuke found him
So Kyousuke bring and take care Lennon with him
Because Lennon owe his life to Kyousuke, he always followed Kyousuke anywhere he go and become a loyal cat

I love how Kyousuke carry Lennon in his arm
Lennon look comfortable in Kyousuke’s arm

IT’S REALLY FUN TO TALK ABOUT REFRAIN HERE <3

2 Likes

It’s actually John Lennon, who also entered the world when he died.

9 Likes

Kud Wafter takes place in the summer. Riki and Kud are wearing their summer uniforms. In the Little Busters epilogue, everyone has already changed back into their winter uniforms. so it can’t be after the beach.

I think it’s just an alternative universe where the first field trip was successful and there was no incident. Little Busters! 4-Koma did the same thing, having the field trip be incident free.

1 Like

Ah come on, they’re not gonna make a new mugshot for everyone just for the epilouge.

deskslam

I have evidence to prove it is not mere laziness! I present to you evidence from the Little Busters script!

// <0086> Summer had gone so fast.
// <0086> ć€ăŻé§†ă‘è¶łă§é€šă‚ŠéŽăŽăŠèĄŒăŁăŸă€‚
<0087> \res{0087}
// <0087> Before I knew it, the sunlight had started to wane.
// <0087> ă„ă€ăźé–“ă«ă‹æ—„ăźć…‰ăŒăšă„ă¶ă‚“ć„ȘしくăȘっどいる。
<0088> \res{0088}
// <0088> The winds had also begun to carry a chilly edge lately.
// <0088> ăă‚Œăšăšă‚‚ă«éąšă«ăČă‚“ă‚„ă‚Šăšă—ăŸă‚‚ăźă‚’æ„Ÿă˜ă‚‹ć­ŁçŻ€ă«ăȘっどいた。
<0089> \res{0089}
// <0089> Today was the first day I was wearing my winter uniform after a long time.
// <0089> äč…ă—ă¶ă‚Šă«ć†Źæœă«èą–ă‚’é€šă—ăŠăżă‚‹ă€‚
<0090> \res{0090}
// <0090> And so was Rin.
// <0090> ă—ă°ă‚‰ăăŻć€æœă ăŁăŸéˆŽă‚‚ă€ă‚‚ă†ć†Źæœă ă€‚

Take that! [cue dramatic finger point]

2 Likes

SHIT.
Um.
Furious dicking in between ending and epilogue?

1 Like

Or a year simply passed and it’s summer again?

As far as I can see, not many LB characters are in Kud Wafter, so it’d make sense if it took place later when the other characters are doing other things too.

All the characters have the same colour ribbon/tie as they do in LB. The colour changes dependent on what year they are in. Also seniors such as A-Chan are still there.

Hm I guess that invalidates that theory
I could probably come up with something. But as Kud Wafter isn’t translated, and my Japanese studies are still at their infancy, I can’t really comment further on this.

I think it’s fine to just say that it’s an alternate ending where there’s

Wait what?? The 4-koma is set in an alternate universe without the incident?

I need to read this now!

Obliterated.

Sorry to be that guy, but do we have LB! 4-koma discussion here?
Sorry, never mind if my question or opinion doesn’t matter.
My opinion never matters anyway.

I think discussing it in the LB general topic should do.

I really don’t think it’ll fit in, but okay. No one seems to be interested in discussing LB! 4-koma anyway.

Now, I think I haven’t said this about how Refrain ends, but

Call me a bad guy and all

I sorta hoped that Refrain anime would make everyone but Riki and Rin dies. No wish-granting stars, time reversing things and whatever. I hoped they all stay dead.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I do love the members of Little Busters. Every of them. But what I don’t really like about the ending is the fact that they can somehow turn back the time and revive the dead. It’s just
 I don’t know, too convenient?

You can’t just wish so hard to revive someone you love so much from deathbed. That’s just too good to be true. Miracles do exist, but they’re not that convenient. Instead, I think the kind of miracle I hoped they showed us is that they can stay strong and live on in such situation. They have to live, left by the people they care so much. People can just die without heroic death. People will live, suffer, and die. But along with the pain of living, they also learn how to hold dear their lives. They will learn the joy of living, and how precious it is because it’s not eternal.

After the scene of Riki lying on the hospital bed, I sorta thought that maybe the “fact” that they saved everyone and everyone survived is just, in his head, sort of another kind of dream. Because it’s really too good to be true. You know that if such accident (bus crash) happens, you’d expect several death. But everyone survived and made full recovery within a year. That’s just too good to be true.
Or maybe Riki and Rin and Kyousuke are the only ones who didn’t survive? After the explosion in Refrain, the scene abruptly turned to Rin singing in the classroom. My first thought was “Am I in heaven or what?”
Which is why they created the epilogue “Bokura no Asa” to assure the readers that it’s not just some kind of fantasy.

But I just think that it can be interesting to have a story about “how the left ones should live on without their loved ones.”

1 Like

Didn’t the anime go the “true” route and skip the part where he proposed to Rin in the hospital? I don’t mind the anime leaving it more open ended to let the head-canon resolve the end, but it does feel rushed. Wouldn’t ya’ll agree?

P.S. I don’t mind 4Koma discussion, but I don’t think it’s a refrain thing. We might need Bocchan
 I mean @Aspirety to make a spinoff thread

Boccan
? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m all for a 4Koma discussion topic!