Little Busters Hype Van Secret Mission: Create Walkthroughs!

TLwiki does do that. The blue choices are recommended save points.

OK, I just like it even more in your face and coded A, B, C etc. It depends on whether you can make your own note against the save as you could in Clannad? Other wise you end up with a load of saves and can’t tell which one you are looking for…

I actually really dislike it when VN guides expect you to load after clearing a route, since I always start again from New Game.

Fair enough but there’s no obligation to reload and naught to stop anyone restarting. As I said though not everyone has the time to spend on restarting several times ( the alleged 300 hours on Clannad! ).As long as it caters for the completionist and those who prefer the odd short cut it’s a better chance of pleasing more readers.

For the Bookclub though I appreciate it’s better for all to experience the VN the same way as far as possible.

There’s good reason to start again from the beginning in Little Busters though and read through the common route more than once. You can just use the skip function and it stops at new lines. This would be an important factor to point out in a walkthrough, for people who want to see what changes. For people who don’t care, sure, tell them where they can make saves.

2 Likes

Well I’d like to see as much as possible of LB! but things have been difficult lately for me and I don’t have the same time available now as I did when I read Clannad. However if I’m in a small minority then go for it for the 100% content afficionados. I shall no doubt be very behind everyone else!

I have to say, if you want a feature in the guide, it’s much better to write it out yourself. If we have as much text as possible upon release, selecting and compiling will go faster.

Now, I don’t know how to do this, but I think it’d be cool to have a feature to let you check the decisions you made, similar to the Angel beats! First Beat Walkthrough.

Steam only gives us text and images to work with. I never used that anyway, too time consuming.

Can we color-format the text?

Nope, they removed that.

Do you have an open doc or something for that?

You’re looking at it.

1 Like

I can’t stress this enough. My policy for VNs is to save at literally every choice so it was a no-brainer for me to continue from the middle after completing a route.

I ended up missing a looot in the LB common route because of that

OK fair enough then - and I understand that as Kaza members we want new readers like me to get the max from LB! But on behalf of the time challenged I still hold my piece for those who aren’t too worried about getting every last 0.01% of content :wink:

That said, I did get every last one of the PS3 trophies in Steins; Gate so I bet I end up being a completionist in LB! all the same…

Can someone clean these for me? Just removing the JP text on the outside.

Floor 6
Floor 7
Floor 6R

Here you go!
Just did a quick copy-paste job in Photoshop.

2 Likes

So how many hands on deck can we have for transcribing choices on launch? Launch is presumed to be, at earliest, 7am UTC Nov 1. Doesn’t take any skill, only that you have read LB! and can stay awake.

I can be on-and-off on the day, so I’ll jump in and help when I can o/