Little Busters! - Haruka Saigusa Route & Character Discussion

You’re right, that did come across wrong. I said it the wrong way, and there’s no reason that you can’t express your opinion.

And honestly, also, I take back what I said about not expecting romance to be beautiful. I actually believe the opposite. I expressed my opinion with the wrong words, based on other things and biases I was thinking in my head at the same time I was typing.

In reality, Silly, it just surprised me and kinda pissed me off that you would make such strong statements about how terrible the romance was, only to say that you feel that way simply because it wasn’t subjectively “beautiful.”

4 Likes

I thought it was terrible, because the other routes’ romances were all much better, imo. And I couldn’t feel the chemistry between them.

EDIT: Know what? When EX TL comes out, I’m going to re-read this route (along with Kud’s, since it changes a lot as I’ve heard) and reorganize my thoughts about it.

But that’s pretty much what happens at the end. Or do you mean that it would be unnatural if they did that from the start without the rest of the route?

Heck yeah I did feel anger! She was a goddamn bitch! And you didn’t feel anything?
See, I don’t even need to like Haruka nor Kanata to determine for myself that what Kanata was doing was extremely inconsiderate. Yes, you are correct, both of them were wrong. However, one was being very inconsiderate of the other’s emotions, which I did feel angry about.

2 Likes

Like I said I was trying my best not to. I may have felt some anger, but not really much.

That’s like saying a scene wasn’t sad because you were trying your best not to be sad .-.

1 Like

T_T I have to stop. More than 20% replies…

Anyway, that could work, maybe… I’ve never tried that. Unless it’s something too intense. But the thing is: I didn’t like Haruka. So her sufferings didn’t affect me that much.

Going into an emotional story while trying to restrain your emotions seems a bit counter-productive, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Haruka. Best girl in LB, to me. Idunno, since I just watched the anime (like I said, since the common route wasn’t my type of enjoyment), I felt like LB was a failed Key work without Haruka’s route. Haruka’s route was the only route to make me get feels, all the other routes were good in their own ways, but Haruka’s route focused more on character development and build up. Without Haruka’s route, I’d be disappointed to even consider Little Busters as a Key work. (Exception of Refrain).

1 Like

Haruka’s route, like Komari’s, were the most “down to earth” routes. @SuikaShoujo explained the latter very well in Komari’s thread so no need to repeat

Haruka has all those range of emotions and it shows. Feels fresh and spontaneous because of that

Edit: And while Rin also shows a wide rage of emotions, unlike Haruka, Rin is more innocent-like, almost devoid of regrets, as if Rin didn’t have anything to worry about

1 Like

It’s her birthday!

It might be terrible anime, but I got to see Haruka being stronk and fearlessly willing to fight her oppressors with Kanata’s route today.

Ehehe~

3 Likes

Happy birthday to second-best girl! I love her character and her route, and I wish her (and her sister) a pleasant birthday! :heart:

…It is still her birthday, right?

6 Likes

BEST GIRL IS HARUKA.

7 Likes

I second this.

Thirded.

I fourth this (^_^)/

I have to take a moment and appreciate how really good this route was. Haruka has one of the most believable and genuine voice actors, some of the most carefully thought out writing (Little Busters! EX) ie Kanata route and her design and overall character is great. I’ve always said and will stay say that my favorite route is Kurugaya, but I stand by Haruka being the objectively best route outside of the obvious, Refrain. I’m always one to hate genkis that are bad, like Yui, but good ones are really really very good, such as Haruka and Sekine. While a lot of routes had some issues, this one was almost perfect, I simply can’t help but, while admittedly slightly intoxicated, share this fact.

9 Likes

Reading through EX a bit now, I found a disturbing part I wasn’t aware of before. There are hints to this in the original, but I only noticed because of EX spelling it out, so I’ll tag it. In the biggest bad end Haruka jumped off a building. Just before Riki blacks out, Kanata says that she doesn’t want to see the flower of blood on the pavement, and there’s a siren in the background. That just blew my mind; LB! is so dark!

That scene happens in the last bad ending. They included that scene where Kanata tries to seduce Riki, and they give you a choice to go along with it or not. If you go along with it, you get they normal ending with the Kanata CG, though there’s also a little extra addition. If you tell her to chill, Riki notices her minty scent, and shit hits the fan in a new ending.

5 Likes

I was always wondering what really happend to Haruka. They just give a hint that something happend with her, with kanata being hysterical and Riki noticing a sieren in the background. But nothing to what might have happened.

Good to know that they give more information on such things in EX.

Thank you HeliosAlpha, but I would like a little clarification if you don’t mind.

[spoiler]So the scene happens when you let yourself be seduced by her if I understand well and Riki don’t know that she did a twin switch.
What is the reaction of Riki when he finds the truth and how Kanata explains him that he failed ?

I find the idea of this H-scene really twisted, in a good sense. It give another level of involvement to Kanata and shock for Riki and Haruka.[/spoiler]