Little Busters! - General Discussion

Sentai picked up EX
Looks like the whole thing is probably being dubbed… (As much as I don’t like the dub)

Do we have confirmation that it will be dubbed? Obviously Id say its a pretty safe assumption, but I dont see anything explicitly mentioning a dub.

I’m replying it too late, and you might already know the answer, but that CG belongs to Kanata’s route in Little Busters! EX.

1 Like

I have the chance to see the manga version of Little Busters Extasy, illustrated by Zen. It is a little different of the anime, with much more of romantic element for Kanata and Sasami and it’s a pity that several scenes have been removed to be contained in two episodes.

Zen seems enough good to make his drawings and the characters alive.

I read the High School Revolution manga, and it was a really good adaptation of Saya’s route. Much more loyal than the anime, anyway.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Kud Wafter - General Discussion

I watched a video about a month ago, talking about the CLANNAD anime and Little Busters! anime (which I forgot to bookmark). While the talk about the CLANNAD anime and Little Busters! anime was only a sub-topic in the video, a point was made about their success.

CLANNAD’s anime adaption actually took time to improve aspects in the storytelling and world, which makes the anime feel like it’s an anime, and not feel like a VN adaption as much, while Little Busters!'s anime is more of a straight-up adaption.

And I didn’t even think about that before. Looking back, Little Busters! definitely was more of an adaption, not improving much of the actual story in the anime-format, since the story itself fits more in the VN-medium.

Just wanted to bring that up because it was interesting.

1 Like

The BanG Dream game is featuring covers of different songs from different anime from the different bands. From April 24 until May 1 (JST) Poppin’ Party will have the Little Busters OP.

3 Likes

Wtffffff little busters in bang dream?!?!?!

Just discovered this on Twitter: @balance’s friend Nightmaren wrote this amazing massive (and spoiler-filled) analysis on Little Busters the other day. Definitely worth giving a read!

http://www.keptafterclass.onigiri.us/?p=5710

5 Likes

Ah, it appears you found my friend’s blog post earlier than I had originally anticipated ahaha.

Yes, that post is a very well thought out and well researched analysis of the game. There were several times we had talked and I was given tidbits of what the thought process was while writing it. Certainly worth the time and I almost guarantee it will have something no one will have ever considered.

3 Likes

Aspi, your psychologist is showing~ :ahaha:

In all seriousness, this was a stellar reflection. Succinctly, for me it did 4 great things:

1. I have always found Little Busters! to be an immense challenge to write about. Despite being perhaps my favorite piece of literature ever, it is nearly impossible to drag myself away from the story’s immense emotion in order to think about it critically. This writer was seemingly able to take the majority of the thoughts I’ve had in my head and write them down in a very intelligent manner.

2. When I first read Little Busters!, I myself was about Riki’s age; and like Riki, there were a lot of things that I did not understand. This reflection really made me realize all the intricacies of the characters, their personalities, and their problems. When I first read Little Busters!, everything was situational: the characters acted the way they did because thats how they were written, etc. I have now realized a new appreciation for the real psychologies, the real struggles, the real implications behind the characters and their actions.

3. The Egg. This is one of my favorite short stories ever. I think about it and its implications all the time, and it has helped to shape my personal philosophy on life. I am honestly surprised I had never connected it to Little Busters! myself. It makes perfect sense, and I am so glad Nightmaren brought it up.

4. More than anything, I am now so excited to reread Little Busters! when it comes to Steam. I am not going to lie, before reading this reflection, I was just not able to get myself into the hype that most everyone else in the community is experiencing right now. But now… I am so ready.

@balance, please pass on my thanks to Nightmaren when you get the chance.

6 Likes

I can certainly agree the difficulty of being able to write about Little Busters due to the emotional attachment one can have to the story. It’s something I reflected upon when I placed a comment on my friend’s blog. Which actually leads me to the next thing I wanted to ask.

I think it would be a good idea to actually leave something like this (or even copy&paste a majority of it) onto the post! It would sort of “immortalize” the comment, so to speak!

I have shown my friend your comment. Nightmaren was very flattered to see it had that much of an impact!

1 Like

Holy shit! :shock:

Amazingly good and thorough analysis, even if I don’t 100% agree with everything, the amount of thought put into it and, more importantly, the way the ideas flow and are presented are incredible. Thanks for sharing @Aspirety, and @balance, urge him to do the same for other KEY works!

Also, thanks to this I managed to discover The Egg. Amazing story and fairly similar to what LB is about.

The only thing I think that review is missing is explaining how player choices and bad endings give a lot more flavour and alternative ways of understanding the story to the reader, but heh, we still need to have something saved for the bookclub itself…

Don’t 100% agree, huh? I’d be curious to hear exactly what it is that you don’t agree. I’m sure my friend would like to know too. I highly recommend submitting a commit with your thoughts in the post!

Also as far as doing other Key works… that probably won’t be happening (in the very near future, at least). However there are plans for future posts similar to this one!

1 Like

Don’t let me interrupt the great discussion that’s going on, I’m only passing by with a small question!

Out of all the translations Little Busters’ opening has received in ten years spread over its many releases/versions/sub teams, which translation particularly stuck out to you guys as making sense and generally being a good translation of this admittedly difficult song? I happen to need some opinions on which Little Busters OP translation I should choose over any other here. :yahaha:

2 Likes

I think it’d be fair to go with whatever the official translation goes with in the Steam release. As you had mentioned, it’s quite a difficult song to really translate.

I was friends with a few people from UTW and they took a very interesting approach when translating the OP. It actually caused a lot of viewers to be upset since they felt it to be a big spoiler. I can understand where those viewers were coming from, but at the same time, it’s not like the “spoiler” really explained what the “secret” was to begin with.

In the mean time, I’ve just used this particular translation to help me look back to the lyrics. If I was to really be picky with the translations, I’d probably end up having to translate it myself (with the degrading Japanese I’ve learned from years back).

1 Like

Finally started reading through it.
I’m currently curled up in our hotel room w/ @technololigy reading it
I’m loving it so far

also I’m already memeing about it

5 Likes

That’s adorable :ai:
Don’t read too far ahead before we start the Bookclub though!

2 Likes

Is the Little Busters ME English edition still happening? I haven’t heard anything about it in ages