Little Busters!: Episode Suginami (Fan Story)

Hey Aspi did you write it yet.

It’s been on the backburner. Other projects have taken higher priority.

After finishing Kurugaya’s route recently, I’ve felt the need to lend my creative talents to address this issue. I understand how woefully underused Suginami is in Little Busters, and I’m willing to help in any way possible.

1 Like

suginami more like who

1 Like

my fan-fiction writer instinct is tingling xD

Since we don’t get to see much of her in both anime and novel, I think it’s also important to decide, or give her ‘heroine’ parameters to free her from being a background character. (much Keima huh) Take LB heroines for example. Haruka with her easy going traits and pranks, Kud with her broken English and famous catchphrase, etc.

But I come very late to this thread so I don’t know if you guys have already given her any attributes.

There are some problems if the romance is the main focus. You really have to like the heroine to like the route, otherwise it will be boring. Because of this, not all LB! fans would enjoy a route like this.

And if the romance is the main focus, it has to be really good. If it’s just "I prefer vanilla ice cream. Hm~. Let’s kiss? (kiss) " this kind of stuff, it will be boring . Just like Chisato’s route in Koichoco (I did not enjoy). They put too little focus on the heroine’s problem and more focus on the elections, the useless talking that has no relation to the route, and the fluffy (and boring romance).

What I mean by a good romance is a romance filled with drama, and the proper settings. Like confessions in the middle of the sunset, dramatic love triangles, etc. If it’s like Kotarou and Akane’s romance in Rewrite, just like: “I love you. Me too. (nothing else)” it will be not worth it.

And you also have to notice that the heroine’s problem plays usually a big role in the romance. For example, Lucia and Kotarou’s romance wouldn’t be half of what it was without Lucia’s personal drama.

Because of this, I think a romance-focused route wouldn’t work very well.

And here I am, thinking about how much I love Kud’s route but dislike the heroine :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You and I are thinking of the same thing. Specifically, we need to delve in to why Suginami fell in love with Riki, how Riki feels conflicted about her feelings, add in some insecurities here and there… Well, the writers can iron out the details lol

Suginami doesn’t have much of a problem… yet. At least, until whoever writes it.

Everything is still up in the air as of the moment, and I was just voicing my desires regarding this route :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This only applies to romance-focused routes. Kud’s route had romance, but it was more plot-focused. I also didn’t like Akane from Rewrite, but I liked her route. But I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have liked it if its focus was on the romance.

Well, this can work. I see no problem with it. I just think that VN routes aren’t just romance, because all the routes would end up being the same thing. But if it’s once in a while, there’s no problem.

I already have some idea of why Suginami fell in love with Riki. Hopefully it satisfies~

2 Likes

I don’t know why there has to be a reason for it. When I fall in love, it has no reason at all. It’s not like: she’s beautiful, talented, intelligent, so I’m gonna love her. I just simply fall in love randomly. After my love disease is healed I always ask myself : why did I fall for that girl? And I can never find an answer. I think love has no reason, it’s something emotional and unexplainable.

Yeah, I get that. But I like to think that there’s something there which causes that attraction in the first place. Something you and the other person share which causes feelings to develop for each other. Something like common values or a common understanding which forms that connection.

2 Likes

There’s soooo much more to romance than just being the same thing. My best example is the Kyou route from Clannad. That was purely romance-focused and pretty different from the usual sorts of romance you see in Visual Novels. I have so many potential ideas for romance in Suginami’s route, as well XD

It’s pretty hard to expect the situations you’ve been into to also apply to other people. People are different, and while you may not be able to find reason in your attraction, I might think otherwise. And so would any other characters in a story.

I think I get what you mean. There is a reason, but this doesn’t mean Riki and/or Suginami know that.

Perhaps this happened to me too. The one who loves is never able to tell why he fell in love, because he can’t disconnect the emotional aspect. I could never understand why I fell (more than once) for my childhood friend (more childhood than friend), because I actually think she’s a bitch, but despite that, I fell for her

There are many ways to present romance, but don’t you think these many ways would get overused some day if all VN routes were romance-focused? Since there’s a limited number of romance plots, it would end up being basically the same thing not among all the routes, but among groups of them.

I think if you can tell why you’re in love, then you’re not in love. Love is an emotion, not an equation. It can’t be linked to logic or reason if you’re the one feeling it.

Have you read many romance VNs? They all start to blur together in my mind.
Generally they are a compilation of the same stories with ___ drama moment or ___ fantasy plot device.

That… doesn’t make sense. Emotions ARE linked to logic and reason.
I’m angry because that guy overtook me.
I’m happy because the weather is nice.
I love because the time we spend together is enjoyable.
I hate because the time we spend together is unbearable.

An unexplained emotion is an uncertain emotion. Follow uncertain emotions and ruin yourself.

1 Like

I can’t get what you mean. Explain it, please.

This kinda makes sense. But I am always certain when I fall in love. I think about the person all the time, butterflies in the stomach, and the other trashy illusions.

But even if you can connect these emotions to reasons, doesn’t mean the same applies to love. Why do you love your mother? You can’t say it’s simply because she is your mother. And if you say because she takes care of me, loves me, helps me… Doesn’t it sound a little egocentric?

I think two random people can always fall in love, with no exceptions. The reason? Acquaintanceship. I don’t know if I used the correct word, but in portuguese this means the act of knowing each other, talking to each other, living day by day with each other. There isn’t a reason why do specific people fall in love, but as a whole is the same thing. This is why we love our family. Even if our families weren’t the same they are today, we would love them the same way.

Kind of like how comedy ends up becoming repetitive :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not saying that I want all routes to be romance-related. I want Suginami’s route to be romance related specifically because she friggen confessed to Riki. She fell for him without him having to make any choices to make himself closer to her. That’s gotta stand for something in the romance department, at least.

Must I repeat myself? It’s pretty hard to expect the situations you’ve been into to also apply to other people. Just because you think it is that way doesn’t mean you can enforce that thought on other people, especially when it comes to emotions.

A lot of romance VNs are the same stories, with small differences. The same events, but with a fantasy backdrop, or a musical theme, or a school drama.

A lot of people get suckered in by caring for family because they are family, but love doesn’t happen without a reason.
My mother wasn’t good enough, so I moved. Love is, to put it harshly, convenience.
Love is generally all about your own ego. You love a person because they are fun to be around. Or because they make you feel happy. They might compliment you lots, or take care of you. They make you feel like you are needed.
There’s nothing wrong with that, despite what some may say. Doing what’s best for yourself is fine and natural, as long as you aren’t fixated on it or obsessed with it.

People don’t continue to talk to each other if they don’t enjoy talking to each other. There’s a reason.
You might view love as this mysterious poetic thing, but at it’s essence, it’s the exact same. You might not see the reason, but your subconscious, and the people around you, both see the reasons. It’s nothing fantastical… It’s human.

There’s a common phrase, that love blinds. That’s not always a negative thing though.
Love blinds you from reason, because love is the process of becoming reliant on everything about a person. If you are clearly aware of a reason, you will fixate, and that love will never become anything more.
The emotion only succeeds when it can grow, and replace reason. It masks reason, so that it can become.
Eventually, if it is successful, you can see reason again. Hundreds of little reasons, or a bunch of big ones. All the reasons that amass to “everything.”

I don’t love my family, but I have no reason for it. I simply have no reason.
Upon gaining one reason to love, you have affection.
Once that reason becomes more grounded in reality, you get friendship.
When the reasons multiply, and those become grounded in reality, you get love.

Naturally, you might have multiple reasons instantly. “Love at first sight.”
When those reasons appear in a person, and your mind becomes certain that those reasons exist, then you get love.

Love isn’t random. That is an insult to anyone in love. Perspective may make it hard to see, but reason is there somewhere.

If you are ever asked by your partner why you love them, you should never say “just because.” If you don’t have a reason, you don’t have a resolve.

Aaanyway, on the Mutsu route focus thing, there is an important aspect to Litbus that needs to be taken into consideration.
Riki.

This route would need to be about Mutsu AND Riki growing, otherwise it wouldn’t happen.
Mutsu has her problems. She’s shy. She’s in a group of bullies. She confessed to someone she has never spoken with.
Riki is shy (in a different way.) He’s protected by his group of friends. He is juxtaposing his current situation with what happened to Rin. Will he just let Kyousuke turn her down? Can he turn her down guilt free without Rin being there to confess instantly? Are those the things Riki would do?

Riki needs to learn courage in this route. He needs to be willing to try something new. To gain focus on what it is he wants. Up until now he has never really made his own decisions.
Mutsu has already built up her courage. She needs reassurance. There is charadev as Mutsu goes from confessing to, to actually spending time with, Riki

They both need to deal with being parts of conflicting groups.
They both may need to deal with the secret of the world.

I was writing something for Valentines, but got lazy and didn’t finish the synopsis. The brief idea is over on the appreciation topic.

I never said you were. Just because you said stuff about Kyou’s route… But, whatever. I get what you mean and I agree that Suginami can be romance-focused.

This must be why I can’t understand. I’ve never experienced this kind of “explainable love”, so I think I would never understand.

If by romance VNs you mean VNs that the main plot is the romance, I’ve never read something like this.

Love is… Damn boring IRL. I do think there’s something wrong with that. I don’t enjoy this concept (don’t mean you’re wrong). That’s why I learned how to not fall in love. It’s just an illusion, and boring. It’s not perfect, like in fiction. I don’t want love in my life anymore. I prefer to spend my time with other stuff than with this useless thing. Besides, I’m already married to Lucia, so, no space for other girls. :slight_smile:

But about Riki/Suginami subject, okay, I agree that love can have a reason, but it doesn’t mean it has to. So there’s no problem with Suginami falling for Riki out of nowhere.

We got some Sally–Anne thing going on here~

That would probably make sense. These are the VNs you mindlessly read for a laugh. Not the things you’d get recommended usually.

Really? I think love would only be boring if life was. Of course, that’s all subjective, but I think you are being a bit too negative :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not something you really learn. Falling in love is an act of doing. Not falling in love is… nothing. That act doesn’t really exist as anything beyond a phrase. You can’t learn nothing~
Perfect is, again, subjective. A working romance would usually be labeled “perfect” by those in love. If it isn’t perfect then that might not be love.
VN romance has it far from perfect imo. Tropey, dramatic, 2d (hah) and in some cases, it can be cringy.
I do like dating sims, they are nice filler, but they are also essentially a task list. You never get time in fiction to just sit and be happy, because it has to keep going. If it stops, the immersion is broken. That doesn’t happen in life. You can enjoy every moment.
Fiction lacks the immense atmosphere, and the experiences aren’t as rich.
VN romance misses a lot. It’s a good story telling device though.

Oh, yeah. A reason isn’t integral to a plot. Why she started to like him doesn’t matter, so long as the romantic scenes show why the two like each other presently.

2 Likes

I learned to “avoid” falling in love. I don’t get too close to other girls and avoid thinking about them too much. For example, my childhood friend mentioned above. I really think she’s a bitch, and I would have no advantage by liking her. But I know that if I get closer to her or if I think too much about her, I will definitely fall for her again. This happened three times, I think, but now I learned to control it, and it never happened again.

But the thing is they exclude what’s unnecessary and boring. I find these moments boring. IRL love can’t exclude the unnecessary parts, so the boring parts are still there. Every time I see I couple IRL I think to myself: "How boring… I would never want something like this.

And there’s no guarantee there will be fun parts in the real life romances. It’s not always that dramatic love triangles, beautiful confessions among the sakura trees… will happen. This stuff is thought and planned. But IRL, this is different. The romance can be just ichaicha and financial discussions. Summarizing, EXTREMELY boring.

It’s not like I think love would never work for me. I simply find it boring and have no interest in it. It’s like you are hungry, but in front of you there’s a dish you know you won’t like the flavor. So, you can eat, but you can choose not to eat, too. Well, I prefer not to eat. My utopia has always been loneliness.

And life isn’t all about love.