Little Busters! English Edition Release Date and Pricing Confirmed!

Yup you’ve heard it right! And nope, you aren’t dreaming! After the long long wait, an official announcement is finally here! Key just made a tweet on their official English account that Little Busters! English Edition is slated for release via Steam on November 1, 2017! And the price? $34.99. Comparing this to their previous releases on Steam, this is a pretty great deal!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/little-busters-english-edition-release-date-and-pricing-confirmed/
11 Likes

I’m glad it’s finally happening. 10 years is a heck of a long wait.

$35 is a good bit lower than I was expecting, that is a really great price for such an amazing and long novel. I can’t wait for this to come out.

Finally! I’m so excited to finally play this. I’m hoping to enjoy it as much if not more than Clannad.

1 Like

Huh… the system requirements say only 1GB of storage? I swear LB was like 7GB before…

1 Like

My Litbus is less than 5gb, and that’s with extra files in my directory. Probably the engine. Keep in mind Litbus originally ran on the same engine as Kanon, which was heavily based on the engine they used back in the Moon. days. The only optimization that Reallive does is to the BGM and very lightly to images. Compressing the voice files alone could reduce the file size a lot.
I don’t see how they could possibly lower it to 1GB even if they changed engine. I’d imagine 3GB at least. They must’ve used some sneaky programmer magic.

2 Likes

Hell yeah.

I was expecting it to be $50, like Clannad. Thank you Baba.

:joy: well $35 may mean £30 for the UK at the current exchange rate but since Muv Luv Alternative just cost me £27 I’m happy with that.

As for the storage maybe they are using Pied Piper :wink:

As happy as that price will make a lot of potential buyers, it leaves me a bit skeptical as to whether that is the starting discount price or the full price. 10% off that seems too good to be true.

It could be a stark difference compared to Clannad, Harmonia, and Planetarian’s starting price for sure. :slight_smile:

RIP my wallet.
So many games I want to buy right now.

How did you get Muv-Luv Alternative for 27 pounds?
In other news, LB is cheaper than I expected (~$49).

tbh i’d probably still buy it but all i can say is finally

Finally a defenitive release date.

But for those of us that already read it and know the Secret of the World, the main purchase incentive would be the 3 extra routes, right?

And those were kinda spoiled by the anime.

The whole VN was also spoiled by the anime following that logic. And theoretically speaking, unless you know Japanese you shouldn’t have been able to read the VN. The patches made are unofficial.

This release is to be treated as a full product, so 35$ is still really cheap for the content in there. Also, there might be the typical 10% sale that Steam seems to do with many games during the first week.

That’s really cheap considering how long it is. I need to try to finish SubaHibi before Little Busters comes out.

35$ with potential sales on top of that honestly feels dirty. The EX download edition on DMM(NSFW) is 7000 yen or roughly 60$. It feels like they’re selling it as a loss leader, and that makes me feel obligated to buy multiple copies (Thx Volvo for fucking up gifts btw).

That’s the Steam issue price, includes a small reduction if you already bought Extra & Unlimited from them.

£30 (if that’s the Steam price) for LB! sounds pretty good value, would happily pay a few more quid for a physical copy though.

I was thinking it might be too cheap for a while, but then I started thinking about what this version actually does. It is dual language, and it features touch screen support, meaning it is clearly being marketed as both a re-release for Japan and a new release for English readers. They are cashing in on yet another version while getting it out on a new market.
Compared to CLANNAD, which had to make a profit solely from English readers, Litbus has a much higher chance to break net positive. They probably relaxed on the price because of this, attempting to just get it into more hands.

1 Like