Little Busters! - Common Route Discussion

If you want to attempt 100% the game, keep in mind that even if you make the same choices, there will be different or new scenes depending on your progress rate in the game. :help:

2 Likes

Steins;Gate’s decision tree is incredibly convoluted in my opinion. I could never imagine even finishing S;G without a guide. Litbus is simple in comparison (though some choices are totally unfair.)

1 Like

Good eye. I always thought that was what Masato’s red and Kengo’s blue meant, but I never strictly associated them to the two onis since they seem to be rivals for no reason at all.

You might have just not been able to notice it yet since you have only read through the first bit, but if you look at all the characters, most of them use a ribbon or tie (depending on whether they are male or female). Ribbons and ties (and their colors) are used to show in which grade each person is. They are a part of the school uniform.

That’s the charm of LB. It’s not just the story, but there’s also a big attention to details, especially now with the Busterpedia addition.

By the way, why do you use Fraps with a VN?

On to my thoughts then for this first scene.

Starting to read or watch something is always hard, and Little Busters seems to know this. Within the first 15 minutes, you have been screamed in the ear about Kyousuke going back, a catchy battle music is playing, there’s a fight with an absurd battle system, and you see how a stupid muscle idiot honours his name. Rin, who is also extremely energetic, is presented in this scene, so that contributes to the madness as well.

So you’ve decided to start reading LB, and everything within the VN is telling you to keep reading. There’s so much energy around that you can’t stop reading. And at the same time, you’ve been rapidly introduced to the LB common route: a minigame madness and an energetic, happy parade.

One thing I noticed this time around that I dislike is a single line that a random person in the crowd says when she first appears:

It’s Rin-sama

Now, in case you didn’t know, sama is an honorific used with people of a higher rank or with those who you admire.

The problem here is that this line combined with how bossy Rin is in that scene makes you think that Rin is some kind of unofficial authority around the school. However, as you progress, you realize that Rin can only talk to her closest friends and her cats, and it’s even hinted that people think that she is a bit weird with the cat obsession.

This is it for now. I can’t wait for next week when I’ll be able to actually take a day off or two and read the whole common route as well as to start working on some other piano endeavour.

2 Likes

Ironically it’s why I’ve had more trouble getting into this than Clannad, there’s just too much happening early on (i.e. up to the opening credits) and I actually like a slow (but not too slow) first couple of hours to orientate myself to the characters, their relationships and the setting. There’s a faster pace and more comedic intent which took me ages to get attuned to.

That’s not to say I dislike it, it’s just a bit different to what I expected.

1 Like

@Mogaoscar Thanks for all the wonderful comments! Let’s see what we have here…

Maybe that’s the point? The characters have known each other for a long time and now are about to all go their separate ways, the story doesn’t seem to be as focused on the details of how they all got together. I think that it’s commentary on the spontaneity of relationships as well, even long-lasting ones can sometimes spring out of nothing (a lot of which we will be forming over the course of the game) and perhaps is saying how, even though these sorts of relationships do matter they will fade over time, thus the origin of their rivalry isn’t as important as focusing on the here and now, experiencing the ups and downs and experiencing the chemistry between two peopl.

Ah! I have been a fool! I’ll be honest my comments on Rin were kind of a stretch to begin with in order to fill out the structure of my post, I felt kind of bad after writing far less about her than any of the other characters and wanted to give it a go. Progressing further through the novel I’m beginning to see more characters with the same accessory.

That’s just a frame counter I have set up, it’s not Fraps. When I want a screenshot I just Alt+print screen and paste it in my google doc, it’s an exceedingly simple set up.

Yeah it’s an interesting line, it mostly just serves the atmosphere of the scene, but I’m pretty sure it’s just a slightly sarcastic joke on the part of the student.

I should have said, I was very happy with the opening for exactly the reasons you mentioned. There was certainly a part of me that was concerned the novel wouldn’t ‘click’ with me and that I’d have nothing to write about (boy was i wrong) I was very happy to discover such a packed first scene.

4 Likes

Hate to burst your bubble on here, but I do believe his outfit is more akin to that of a Hakama used for Kendo practice; we all know how much he loves Kendo, after all. I’d argue more on his connection to religion (or lack thereof) but I see where you’re going with this notion :wink:

It’s not a secret that Rin is somewhat popular with the boys~ Which may or may not affect her popularity with the girls.

1 Like

May 14th here we go! This is a short one, and mostly contains my speculation on the progression of the story and some Kyousuke talk.

We learn a fair bit about Kyousuke in this chapter, we learn of his drive for excellence, his commitment to a strong work ethic, and his potential for aphorisms. Kyousuke is super focused on the present, spontaneously deciding to create a baseball team out of his childhood friends for no particular reason (or at least it seems that way) and we are informed that he walked all the way to Tokyo to look for a job. He says this about his plans to become a salaryman:

Now, I find this particularly telling of his motivation, he dreads leaving highschool and much like Riki wishes that this time could continue forever. As the Busterpedia entry for salaryman states, there is a strong stigma associating salarymen with a loss of individuality, something that the Little Busters seem to be created to fight against, as well as the loss of the ‘magic of childhood’ as it were. His favourite phrase “we should treat everything as a mission” certainly isn’t a sign of Kyousuke being bossy, but rather shows his commitment to the others in his crew, he has a deep desire to make sure everyone is having a good time and in the future probably wants someone to hand the baton to.

I think this quote will stretch far past this first chapter, this story is all about the transition from child to adult and the things that you lose once that transition is complete, in this instance Kyousuke is talking about ‘agency’. I think that this idea of agency goes a bit beyond this but I’ll get to my crazy crackpot theory in just a little bit, for now, let’s take a break and talk about the most beautiful thing in the world…

Aphorisms.

They’re actually incredible and I love the fourth-wall break whenever they flash across the screen. I think it’s really indicative of Little Busters’ propensity to just have a lot of fun, and the fact that even Kengo is pulled in by the end left me rolling around on the floor in tears.

Alright, this is when we get into crackpot territory straps self in.

So, I have a theory, and since I’ve read ahead a little bit I’m aware there is a ‘Secret of the World’. My theory is grounded primarily in the fact that May 14th is the start of the ‘common route’ which will branch off into the different character’s routes when I come back to replay the story, and the OP signals the beginning (and oh boy what an OP it is, it deserves it’s own post once I finish the common route) with the line immediately afterwards being one line. Such an incredibly simple yet meaningful line:

I have covered before how important first impressions are, and how deliberately everything in Little Busters is designed. I don’t have a load of evidence for my theory but I present to you what i can find. To begin with the character has narcolepsy, this in itself isn’t particularly suspicious but it is only mentioned very briefly and we aren’t really given any context for it, we don’t know why Riki has narcolepsy, however we do know the effect it has on his life

They’re always nightmares. Now, this reminds me of a certain trope which involves a character believing dream to be reality and reality to be a dream, especially since at the end of each route Riki will designate the previous route as ‘just a dream’ and one that he couldn’t really remember. For context on this trope I’d highly recommend listening to the beautiful tones of Cryaotic in this classic Youtube video in which The main character continually ‘wakes up’ but can always hear the sounds of a hospital bed when they dream, making them forever unsure when they’ve actually ‘woken up’

It’s a super good short story if you have the time to listen to it, anyway, I think that’s the situation we’re in here. I think that the ‘nightmares’ that Riki is having are either of the hospital bed he’s lying in, or it’s the present as his life flashes before his eyes. Why would I suspect some sort of tragic happening to this character? well

This screenshot is so out of place with the rest of the OP, blink and you’ll miss it. Clearly there is some past with this ‘Saya’ character that is very important to the story. The lyrics that flash over the screen during her appearance later are ‘so you can get beyond those days when you lost yourself’ and Saya’s quote is “Game… Start!” Now, call me crazy but that would indicate that Saya has some measure of emotional authority over Riki from an event long ago, where one or both of them ‘lost themselves’.

Another point of order, Kyousuke is described when he is reading his manga as ‘holy’, leading me to believe there will be some allegory with him as a ‘Christ figure’ later down the line, i don’t have any more evidence yet but i strongly suspect he will be sacrificing himself either metaphorically at some point. It explains why Kyousuke is so omnipresent yet mysterious, Riki doesn’t want to remember what happened to him.

So, to put my theory in order: I think that in the past Riki caused some trouble for Saya, wronged her in some way, because of this she threatened to kill Riki but Kyousuke stepped in the way of the bullet. This traumatic experience put Riki into shock and now he’s in a coma replaying his memories until he can recover through their assistance.

Riki continuously wishes that these happy times could continue forever, there’s a heavy amount of regret in his words. He constantly is returning to this series of happy times, this ‘safe place’ where he can be happy in the midst of the sadness.

This could all be completely incorrect but hey, that’s why it’s a theory. Please let me know what you think but don’t let me know if I’m right or wrong! I look forward to uncovering the ‘Secret of the World’ when the time comes.

REPLIES!

@Pepe Ah thank you for the correction! I’ll admit I am not super knowledgeable about Japanese culture, I appreciate the chance to learn about something new, and I only hope I can do Little Buster! justice but sometimes my ignorance slips through the cracks. I appreciate the education!

EDIT: So I’ve been told that Saya isn’t quite as relevant as i think she is, so throw her out the window. That’s ok, I still am very confident with the coma-theory, just not too sure of the exact details of the incident which lead to it, although i strongly suspect it happened in the rain judging by all of the sad rainy images in the OP. I wonder if it was some kind of carcrash? OH WAIT MAYBE A VAN CRASH

…I’m going to have to keep an eye on that van, aren’t I?

11 Likes

@MagusVerborum You see me on discord trying hard not to spoil but I actually didn’t get to the ending myself. I only completed Komari, Haruka and Saya last time, so just take everything I say with tons of salt.

May 15th, we’ve run out of basic provisions and have been reduced to eating small, moss-like growths coming out of the wooden floors. I’m not sure I can take this I may have to feed Stan the intern to my cats in order for them to survive. If anyone reads this my house now belongs to my feline friends, and they have eaten my corpse.

Rin is adorable in this chapter, as creepy as it is to just stand in the shadows and watch a girl play with her cats. It also seemed to contain no narration of value to the overarching story (yay) so, moving swiftly on…

I’m jumping ahead a tiny bit but I can only assume this ‘Secret of the World’ is referring to Riki’s comatose status, if my theory is anywhere near the mark. I also can only assume that ‘every task’ refers to all of the character’s routes, so maybe each of the character’s routes will have some kind of problem that you have to fix, and at the end of it all we come together for one last hurrah with Riki being supported by all the people he helped while at school. I was very surprised to see this come up so early, least of all arriving by cat to Rin, and then on to Riki. I suppose that tells us the meaning of the little cat playing in the title, I’m not sure what to glean from that particular mode of messaging but I do know that cats are often associated with good luck in Japan so I have to assume it’s not malicious.

See? They’re adorable and innocent, and the cats are cute too.

We also have a contender for best girl introduced, Saigusa is great, though she’s a highschooler she gives off the impression that she’s wise beyond her years

“Back in my day, we didn’t have no puddin’! We ate rocks rubbed in sugar!"

I love how confident she is and how unfazed she is by the antics of the main crew, she knows what she wants and she goes for it. I lent her my books with no questions asked and, well, I don’t think she hates me? Here’s hoping we get to see more of her soon!

More things i liked in this chapter, we get introduced to the minigames! Baseball and the ranking system, as well as the fighting game are all taught to us on this auspicious day. The whole thing is just wonderful to experience, some highlights for me:

Get those damn nekos off the field! How is Rin ok with this the poor darlings ;_;

Such elegance. Such simplicity. Such…perfection

So yeah, really enjoyed this chapter, it was super chill and with that I guess i’ll be moving onto clunk

clunk clunk

What? I’m forgetting something? You’re saying I forgot something last time?

…well I don’t think so I mean…

…oh. sigh well I suppose I must.

so apparently i missed a character introduction last chapter, and there’s someone else here who I’d almost like to forget. So we have two characters which i really couldn’t care less for:

Sasami is introduced to us as a candidate for leader of the softball club, and soundly beats Rin in a fight on both may 14th and May 15th. First impressions paint her as the Queen Bee a popular highschool student with a meek following of other hopeful socialites according to her ‘title card’ in the OP she hates cats which I guess justifies her rivalry with Rin? I dunno, i don’t really have much to say about her, strong contender for worst girl so far.

clunk clunk clunk

alright fine, and the other character is this uh, thing:

Her name’s Kamikita but honestly I remember her best as anteater girl, I get she’s a bundle of innocence and all but good gravy I found her dialogue grating. She’s got a little star hair pin so I believe she’s supposed to be untouchable and pure like a star far away from the troubles of earth (I’m getting flashbacks to Planetarian) but honestly all that happens in this scene is her half-exposure and the eating of waffles. Don’t get me wrong I love waffles but if one of my major points about your character is that you eat a lot of waffles I’m sorry I have to take points off. Hopefully these two ladies can turn my opinion around going forward but right now I’m not feeling it.

That said, an incredibly relevant quote pops up in the midst of mediocrity

To Kamikita the rooftop is her place of sanctuary, a private place which Riki basically stumbles on. To Riki, this sanctuary is his friends. This novel highlights the importance of friends as a support structure, and given that most of the cast seems to be fairly unsociable misfits it’s all the more important for them to find others that can ‘shelter’ them and grant them a place to be feel like they have control over their lives. Following on from my coma theory I think this is referring to exactly that, the memories Riki has of his friends are keeping him stable while his mind and body struggle to keep alive.

All in all good chapter. The story doesn’t seem to sacrifice good writing for its goofs for the best part and now that I’m finally caught up on my analysis I can move on to May 16th! Fight~o!

8 Likes

I’ve just completed one character route and started another, so I’m not super clear on where the common route exactly ends, so I’m just going to make some early observations and impressions so far.

To restate so people know where I’m coming from, I watched the anime for LB! and Clannad around the same time, but I’ve realized that was much longer ago than I realized (possibly 4-5 years now). While my memory for most of the events in Clannad had been almost entirely forgotten when I finally started the VN a few weeks ago, I’ve actually remembered quite a bit from just meeting with all the characters again in LB! and seeing their names again.

First thing that immediately made me feel at home was the music. The title screen, the normal background stuff, etc. I’m endlessly impressed by how amazing the music in these games is. There are few games, anime, or shows that immediately make me want to rush out and buy the soundtrack for them within the first few minutes, and this game delivers within its first few hours in spades. It immediately reminded me of the first time I watched FLCL, and how I became completely enamored with The Pillows (and still have been for the past 5 years). I am going to hold off a little longer until I finish the game, however, considering the route I just finished and how integral that song feels to that character and story, because I’m hoping there are similar moments in the other routes. The ones that stood out to me and I think that came up in the common route normally that I’d feel comfortable mentioning here would be Slow Curve and Two Sugars. Incredible stuff, can’t wait to hear more.

The next thing I really like about the game is that, through Riki’s eyes, we aren’t really meeting any people he isn’t already familiar or friendly with in some way. I actually really enjoy this kind of thing, especially in games where I am essentially “role-playing” as a character in the universe with a name and history behind their name. It’s a fitting and natural way to bring you slowly into the world being created, and it helps that these introductions are swift so that you aren’t basically experiencing a “lore-dump” as soon as you meet them, and simultaneously you see them enough in separated bursts that you genuinely feel like you as the reader are getting to know them without also slowing down the overall pace. The interactions themselves again make you feel apart of the world; I think it helps also given Riki’s personality. He’s somewhat timid and a bit of a bystander in most situations, which gives you time to get situated before he starts taking a bit more of an active role in the scenarios that happen around him. I would say the pace of the game throughout feels excellently done; things move along at a steady pace, and I never felt out of place nor in the dark about what was going. I was immediately swallowed by the world I’d found myself in, and it’s always a distinct and awesome feeling when when a game, book, movie, or show can pull that off in its opening moments.

Last thing I’d like to say is also how good the voice acting has been so far. I’ve never really felt like I needed VA in a VN before, or that it greatly enhanced the game overall, considering most of the time it’s in Japanese/Chinese, so I obviously don’t understand how the words line up exactly. The first time I played a VN with voices, I even remember it feeling a little distracting. While I’d say the VA in Clannad was good but only slightly additive for me personally, I’ve felt like it really enhanced the characters in LB! so far. That may be because there appear to be more animated personalities in LB! as to Clannad, (where a number of characters are a bit more reserved,) the early high positive energy of LB! seems to lend itself better to the VA in this case, at least in my opinion. I don’t think some of the humor would hit as well as it does without the VA in this case.

2 Likes

I honestly had the same thought before I even started the novel, basically caused by people on the Kaza discord repeating those arc words of “A secret in this world” and them saying it’s something that puts the entire thing on its head combined with thinking “It’s Key, what kind of tragic thing that entirely changes your impression of everything that is still grounded in reality could this be?” And because I had this thought before even starting, I really really hope that we’re wrong.

I’m a bit further than Magus right now (finished the 16th), and I thought might as well leave some impressions as well.

The main five are certainly to my liking. I love all of their antics so far. I’m also having fun with the two main minigames of this VN. Like Magus, I don’t really care about Sasami right now, but unlike him, I do like Komari. As for that introductory scene for her, even though it’s done via panty joke, I think it displays her innocence and naivety, as she first thinks she lost her innocence because someone saw her panties, but immediately afterwards thinks it’s okay as long as that person keeps it secret. And, well, she gets the wording there wrong, further outlining her ditzyness, because I can only assume she meant that she now can’t be a bride, not that she can’t have a bride. (Unless she’s gay, in that case nevermind)

Kurugaya to me is weird, I don’t have much thoughts on her right now. Haruka is a mischievous ball of energy, and funnily enough, she did seem similar to @Kanon for me, so I can see why she’s best girl for him. I also got my first introduction to Kud, and to be perfectly honest, she isn’t as bad as half the discord makes her out to be. In fact, I think she’s fine so far. In the first place, I have the feeling the dislike to her mostly stems from the sequel anyway, and I don’t care about that for the work “Little Busters!” on its own.

3 Likes

I admit, I was taking LB! very much on face value so I hadn’t thought about any theory that all is not what it seems - although it would explain the slightly surreal nature of it.

Fave girls so far met ( entirely superficial) - I await to see how this changes with the individual routes:

1 Yuiko ( just like her humour)
2. Mio ( only one short scene though yet)
3. Kud ( a bit cutesy but the broken English is appealing)
4. Komari ( the obligatory Loli )
5. Haruka ( no real opinion yet)
6. Rin ( bloody cats!)
7. Sasami (seen nothing beyond the antagonist status yet)

Wait, you think of Komari as the obligatory Loli? I always thought that was Kud o_o

2 Likes

Definitely Kud.

2 Likes

@VyseGolbez I have caught up as of a few minutes ago!

Very interesting, I really think this is the most likely scenario, I’m not super familiar with Key works but i know they tend to be tragic so that’s what I’ve been basing some of my reasoning off, if people are telling you it’s a Secret that will totally turn the World on its head then, well, it has to be something big. I think the context of the story has to change drastically and if fantastical elements are being thrown out then the dream-inversion theory i talked about makes the most sense given the clues.

Ok, I may have been a little harsh on her in the first scene, Komari has grown on me since then. Honestly I’m just generally not a fan of excessively pervy humour and panty humour is at the very top of my :nonono: list. That side I really like her attitude towards life, it makes a lot of sense for her innocent and slightly duncy personality

I certainly found this scene to be much more charming than the last, especially the bit where she decided to share the waffle with Riki. She’s too nice for me to continue to hate, unfortunately. I also think this discussion of ‘the spiral of happiness’ could be easily replaced by ‘the ripples of happiness’ the simile reminds me of what we see at thevery beginning of the game and on the idle title screen. I’m happy she’s on board with the core message of the novel I just hope she gets a chance to be useful at some point.

The idea that she presents to Riki of ‘a happy place’ is starting to be more obvious in all the other character’s lives, Riki has his friends, Kengo has Kendo, Masato has muscles, Rin has her cats, Haruka has her delicious pudding and pranks, every character has somewhere they can go to find sanctuary and be at ease. To all of them, the highschool life itself is the ‘sanctuary’ of their life,

I believe that the intent here is to make the reader remember their own school life as some sort of ‘sanctuary’ where you didn’t have responsibilities unless you wanted them (for the most part) andyou were constantly surrounded by places designed to be safe for you. Of course the Little Busters’ purpose then must be to secure these safe spaces, that is the purpose of Little Busters and Kyousuke’s ‘mission’.

I’ll mention Kurugaya briefly, just to say that i wish we’d spent more time to get to know her. She certainly acts like she’s all wise and powerful but doesn’t really seem to be all that competent socially (kinda like all the other characters :stuck_out_tongue: ). I wouldn’t be surprised if she was in a drama class given the way she talks about herself with such swagger.

Alright let’s talk about Kud.

I had no idea the reaction to Kud was so bad, honestly, I had read someone say Kud was annoying but she seems to be universally despised, and I don’t get it!

She’s smol, she talks bad engrish, she carries boxes. She’s incredibly polite. She’s really just an adorable little cinnamon roll. I don’t get why anyone would hate her based on this scene. She also appears to have a connection to Rin? They used to live in the same room but then Rin moved out? I find this highly suspicious given Rin’s clear connection to the Secret of the World.

Speaking of which I had another series of crazy thoughts. So, Rin wears a catbell, which is cute. However, i have become increasingly aware based on my time with Higanbana No Saku Yoro Ni that bells are associated heavily with a transportation into the spirit world. This combined with Rin and Riki’s highlighted profiles in the OP leads me to believe that the two have a deeper connection.

Now, if we are dealing with a near-death situation for Riki, then the spirit bell makes sense. Rin is Riki’s connection between life and death, calling his spirit back from the brink. There is infrequent mention of the jingling of her bell and i think this is bits and pieces of the real world making its way into Riki’s subconscious. In order for this to make any sense then there must be some sort of pre-established relationship between the two of them. The obvious answer here is a romantic one, but i think it could just as probably be that of brother and sister. For all the talk the characters are making of Kyousuke and Rin being siblings i haven’t actually seen a lot of sibling-like behaviour between them, except in the one newspaper shot of Kyousuke grabbing Rin’s arm. It’s just a hunch right now, but there is definitely something between them that happened or is happening that we’re not privy to yet.

The tasks that they’re completing together are all very pro-nature so far, and pro-life. I don’t know how far down the rabbit hole these tasks will go but it’s worth mentioning.

And then there’s this:

Screenshot taken immediately after Riki gets a text from Rin about the secret world tasks. Seems to lend credence to my relationship theory, whether romantics or siblings I have to believe there’s something here. Could the ‘Secret World’ in fact be the world that is for Rin and Riki? Is this their sanctuary together? Hmmm…

Finally I want to, at @Zosonte’s behest, go over my research into ‘2003UB313’

Basically if you put that into google, they’re coordinates for a dwarf planet called ‘Eris’, named after the Greek goddess of strife and discord:

Take a look if you like, I’ll still be here :slight_smile:

In the myth of the Trojan war, Paris kicks off the whole thing by choosing Aphrodite as the most beautiful of three goddesses, by way of presenting her with a Golden Apple with words on it reading ‘to the fairest’. Now, Eris was the one who tossed the apple into the midst of the three, thereby sowing discord between them and as such she is the inherent cause of the destruction of Troy and the scattering of its people. In Little Busters this has a pretty obvious application, the discord caused by the girls attempts to keep out the boys. I believe there is more to this, and I think this is alluding to Riki making a choice to love one person over another, or perhaps his choice to love Rin is what causes his comatose state? It’s hard to tell, but to hide such a piece of trivia until someone actually puts effort into finding it leads me to believe it’s an important hint as to the themes of the game. Discord between the sexes is most commonly associated with Eris and I think that Riki’s relationship with Rin must be the target here (either that or Saya and Riki or Kyousuke but I’d rather keep her out of the common route from this point on).

EDIT: shoutout to @HeliosAlpha letting me know about 30 seconds before I was going to post this letting me know that ‘Rin’ means bell… It hasn’t influenced the above statements and reasoning but man, that really makes me that much more confident in my thoughts.

10 Likes

I did say it was early superficial impressions!

3 Likes

I surely wouldn’t consider Hitler to be a cat that represents good luck. :stuck_out_tongue:

Show those cats the meaning of cerebral concussion

No no no no no. She’s still really annoying in Little Busters.

@MagusVerborum It’s good that you’re analyzing everything and all, but don’t forget to enjoy VN. If you overthink things too much you might disrupt the flow of the VN by stopping to form theories every few minutes.

Of course, you can do as you wish, but I’d advise reading through it and coming back to what you think is the most important and building your theories once you’ve read common route.

Something that really pains me is being unable to share theories due to already having read LB. I wish I could erase my memory to be able to fully participate in this discussion.

3 Likes

I feel this is worth addressing. I am very much enjoying the VN, and to me breaking everything down and figuring out what’s going on is only making me appreciate the story and its characters more. I’m also learning a lot about Japanese culture through my extra research! A lot of people talk about stories where you get to the end and then can go over it a second time with a whole new perspective, but I would like to have that experience on my first playthrough, especially since I don’t know when I’ll have the time to go through this again properly. It’s not like I actually sit down after every scene and try to look for meaning, if I see something that i think is interesting I’ll take a quick screenshot and annotate it later. It doesn’t take much time at all and my reaction is forever captured in my google doc :stuck_out_tongue:

As an aside, I’m also hoping to contribute to the site’s bookclub as much as possible, and, well, this is something that I have some talent in so I’d like to work as hard as I can for it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Watching MagusVerborum over-analyse everything is beautiful :amorous: I think you’re giving @bowiie a run for his money.

But don’t forget to have fun with this too. Not everything has to have a deep meaning, it’s a big VN, some things are just there to be funny or cute.

3 Likes

Look, when it all turns out to be a big conspiracy by the government with backing from the alien merman conglomerate of Jupiter I will be the first to say it!

Seriously though, I’m having a great time, these posts are like little narratives of my own i can have fun putting together I love doing this so very much <3

5 Likes