Little Busters Bookclub Podcast 2: Mio Route

The Kazamatsuri Little Busters Podcast continues, with our very first heroine route: Mio! In this episode I Aspirety am joined by Bizkitdoh, grooven, Naoki_Saten and Zosonte as we pour over different interpretations of the route, consolidating all of the community discussion and fanworks up to this point. I am very proud of this particular podcast; we dived into some pretty deep discussion on the nature of the mind and how it relates to the duplicity of Mio and Midori, as well as some of the core messages of the route. It’s definitely the kind of route you can really seek your teeth into.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/little-busters-bookclub-podcast-2/
6 Likes

It’s been a blast. I felt like we could’ve gone on for another 90 minutes, but we did roughly cover the most important parts.

Has there been collaborations on previous 30 second recaps? At least to me, it was a new experience.
Anyway, @grooven and I would like to hear your feedback on this recap ^^

2 Likes

You know, at about 28-29 minutes you start talking about how people see the route differently, and whether you see the route a certain way because of the route itself or because you can relate it to something else.
It made me start thinking about that little personality test, finish the sentence: “If the cuckoo won’t sing ____”, and you use the answer to interpret people’s personality. I’ve started to think that something Key’s really good at, and with Mio’s route in particular, is presenting a chance for interpretation based on your personality and experiences. It’s making me think that the way people interpret the route can really tell you something about that person.

3 Likes

Well there was the time when Bonecuss did the recap without being in the podcast.

Edit
“Give Riki an inventory that he can open up and look at the poem” - Biz
Damn, that would’ve been a good replacement for the status menu, but the tech might not have been there 10 years ago.

1 Like

They tried their best!
reallive

4 Likes

“I sure hate it when people just look at characters just by the labels and don’t talk about their personalities rawr raar raar” - @Aspirety

“Time to do nothing but label what things Midori might be and not once talk about her personality in this podcast” - Also @Aspirety

Not just Aspi doing this, but he’s the one I remember being vocal about the first point mostly.

Ya’ll fams didn’t talk about Midori as a person at all, ya’ll just labed her.

Ya fucks.

2 Likes

Wow, they disrespected the best girl of the route? Shaaaame. Mio would be disappointed.

1 Like

We talked a lot about her, her character and her route. Not sure what you were wanting exactly to hear.

3 Likes

T-The entire podcast was under the basis that she’s a part of Mio…? I don’t agree with this at all, sorry. Especially when even still we cover her individual motivations. I mean if you interpret her as a solitary existence definitively then there’s not much I can say to that. /shrug

Not mentioning the weird loop of no labeling / yes personality when you’re talking analysis but well social spagoot will be what it is, because to analyze a perceived personality is to make an assumption because as was said repeatedly it’s something you simply cannot do accurately which means a multitude of things. Literally all discussion of a person’s personality is to “label” which is why the commentary on relations here is so potent.

4 Likes

That was an absolutely amazing podcast. I think you’ve all outdone yourselves; heck, we’ve all outdone ourselves. I don’t know if many would agree with me, but this will probably go down in my mind as the best podcast in the history of Kazamatsuri. It’ll be hard to top this one, but I’m keeping my hopes up for refrain.

I’d definitely like to commend the cast as well. I don’t think you could have brought together a better cast for this one. @Aspirety for his psychological science background, @Bizkitdoh with his raw emotion, @grooven with her enthusiasm, @Naoki_Saten with his analytic viewpoint, and @Zosonte with his personal attachment to the route just made the back-and-forth between everybody so much better :ai: Big round of applause for all of you folks.

I guess the key point to take from this podcast that I don’t think was mentioned in the forum is Mio’s own fallacy for herself. She believes that the only way that she could keep her own identity is to remain immutable; to remain this white bird. She failed to realize (and eventually did, thanks to Riki) that it is how others view her that makes up her identity. The blue which changes her makes up her identity, and the only way to keep your identity is to let the world know that “this is me! this is who I am!” and hope that the world understands her. But, really, as long as even just one single person in this world understands her, that is enough :umu:

And the last 15 minutes cracked me up way too much. I had to hold back my laughs while listening to this at work. The second key point to take from this podcast is that Riki is, indeed, a pigeon.

And I’m sorry @Kanon but no matter how much you may like Midori over Mio as a character, the only way to talk about Midori as a person is to talk about Mio as a whole because Midori is, at the end of the day, part of Mio, and not a “person” at all, as much as you would like to believe. If you still disagree, then let’s take this outside cracks knuckles
(and by outside, I mean in the Mio discussion topic)

Oh right, and congrats @Naoki_Saten for being the MVP this route! You were definitely my bet for this one, so I believe you deserved it. Let’s see if my bet for the Komari route wins, heh

7 Likes

I was honored to share my thoughts on this journey I walk with Kaza. So far, I relate to the characters of Little Busters far more than in any other visual novel. Thank you friends, I hope I contributed well.

That’s what Biz’s spiel about witnesses was about.

I wasn’t bringing up anything that wasn’t already brought up in the podcast. I was just summarizing what I thought was the main takeaway point of their discussion :umu:

Mmmm, not exactly makes up, but affirms…? Basically yes.

I’ll let you guys continue with that. I disagree with all of you, apparently, but I don’t have the investment into this route necessary to go against several people who are willing to argue in walls of text on this topic.

I still listen to a specific part of the podcast from time to time:
@Bizkitdoh 's “bumbling idiot” joke at 1h23m50s. It just doesn’t get old no matter how many times I replay it ^^

2 Likes