List of discouraged behaviours

Yeahhh this is something I feel needs some kind of adjusting. We shouldn’t be acting like police, we should instead be looking at specific laws and how they relate to our community.

Always remember that these suggestions are for discouraged behaviours, not rules, and the CoC states how stuff should be approached. I think that alone should answer these kind of situations. Breaking the law or encouraging it is discouraged, but it it’s something that is allowed in one country, that usually can easily be talked out. I don’t think most of them need to be too exact and specific. Again, then the loopholes can be found. Some can work just like that.

Well the counter point is the fact that in some parts of the world it’s illegal to be gay or trans ^^;

2 Likes

I understand what you mean but isn’t that why Kazamatsuri’s core values or rather, the three missions come in? Even if there is a conflict about what’s legal and what’s not due to people coming from different states, if they can just (ideally speaking) keep Mission 1 in mind that is,

If everyone can just keep this in mind, I think it should be something that can be talked out like Tidulimar said earlier in his post.

And also, I think it might be good to note that at least on Discord, the Community guidelines state as follows:

The following is completely unacceptable and will result in immediate content removal and account deletion:
Doing anything illegal on Discord.
This is directly from our Terms of Service. We will take immediate action if you: violate any applicable laws or regulations, or promote or encourage any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking, cracking or distribution of pirated software, or cheats or hacks for our or another company or person’s Service.

1 Like

If this helps, since Discord is mostly run and operated in the United States, it may be a good idea to follow US law. In the Discord Community Guidelines, everything mentioned there is illegal in the US because our channel is considered safe for work and some of our members are not adults (or for most of it is just illegal in general).

It appears that this forum is hosted on a US server as well but that may or may not be of any importance and this could be totally wrong.

I’m not here to be the police or anything either, but in general we do have to consider the fact that the servers are where they are (or the company is where it is) and we still can be held liable for our actions.

1 Like

Actually it’s hosted on a european server so that might make us more susceptible to european laws :yahaha:

3 Likes