Kud Wafter Crowdfunding 100%ed and Announces First Stretch Goal

Previously announced as part of the Little Busters! 10th Anniversary Project, the crowdfunding of the Kud Wafter anime has begun last July 19! Unsurprisingly, it has met its initial goal in just 48 hours after launch. The campaign started with a goal of 30 million yen, and, with that being met in such a short time, they’ve announced a new stretch goal of 45 million yen.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/kud-wafter-crowdfunding-100ed-and-announces-first-stretch-goal/

Great to see Key’s fan base rallying around this, even with the OG’s somewhat divisive nature. I’m curious; is there a reason you (and potentially others) were so sure the first goal would be reached so quickly? I’m aware Kud is a popular heroine, but I couldn’t really see the reasons a rather niche project from the company would warrant such a strong “yes” from their fanbase to get an anime adaptation.

1 Like

whats the joke behind the command seal

don’t think I didn’t see it

In the end I didn’t have time to make much of a joke out of it, but the ultimate pledge is referred to as the “Kud Master Set.”

Well, it remains a fact that Kud is still a huuuuugely popular character from Key’s entire franchise, with merchandise of her still selling well up to this day (and me even having personal friends who consider her their “waifu”, if you will).

And with that strong a fanbase also comes huge desperation, enough for a bunch of individuals who were willing to shelll 400,000 yen each to fund this :fools:

1 Like