Kud Wafter Crowdfund Flies past Last Stretch Goal

With four days to spare, the Kud Wafter animation crowdfund met its 200% stretch goal. Further funds are still rolling in, and VA states that these will be spent on the supporter rewards and increased quality of the OVA. As for the final stretch goal itself, its completion means the OVA will be extended to 40 minutes with a release in theaters on top of that. Even Kud herself was extremely excited about these news which you can see below. So just to recap and round off the project for now, Kud Wafter will get a 40 minute theatrical OVA produced by J.C. Staff with the director and other staff from the Little Busters! anime making a return. Storywise, it will be an original “What if” scenario centered around Kud. The project’s PV shows a hint of the Kud Wafter game scenario but also the Little Busters! cast who were largely absent in the spin off. We’ve also gotten the new main theme, Light a Way, which you can hear performed in full here. The expected delivery for the Blu-ray is September 2019, at least for the supporters of the crowdfund. VisualArt’s have stated that they’re planning a crowdfund for overseas fans as well. Share your thoughts on the project down in the comments and stay tuned for future news. There’s also still one legendary part of this crowdfund we haven’t talked about.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/kud-wafter-crowdfund-flies-past-last-stretch-goal/
2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it. I absolutely adore Kud, she’s my favorite Buster, and I’ve been waiting for a Kud Wafter VN translation for years.

My hope is that Kud’s popularity as a result of the new LB English as well as the Kud Wafter OVA will be the catalyst for her VN being translated as well.

2019 is a long ways away, but my love for Kud is timeless so I’m willing to wait.

Fuck, I’m more burnt out on Kud Wafter now than after reading Kud Wafter. This whole thing could stay quiet for the full 2 years, and I wouldn’t complain for a second.

1 Like

At least you were capable of reading and understanding it. That alone makes me jealous. :angry:

What if Kud Wafter is actually good and Helios has been screwing with us all these years? :small_red_triangle:

1 Like

So the Kickstarter just jumped up another 10 million yen above its stretch goal, and their whole project with uploading a new recording from Kud’s VA every 5 million additional it gets has failed (as they didn’t record enough voice clips), and they have been forced to just post an image instead. Kud exceeds all expectations.

Also how is a 40 minute film long enough to be a theatrical release???

Kud’s popularity is undeniable. I can’t help but smile.

So KW crowdfunding ended at around $700K… which is more than clannad wahey
but NOT more than Nekopara OVA kickstarter wahey (which reached $900K)

In conclusion, cats are better than lolis

3 Likes

The world needs to be purged. That the conclusion I draw from the data you brought up.

It’s because the Japanese community was not into the CLANNAD thing because it was only for localization.

The EN Crowdfund has launched. They’re looking for 3000000 Yen (26,346 USD) to sub and distribute in the west and 15000000 Yen (131,730) to make the anime 60 minutes. Apparently all rewards are the same as the Japanese one.

PSA: The PV still has Little Busters! spoilers in it. Christ, why do they have to say it like that…

2 Likes

My god you weren’t kidding.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, they even advertised the crowdfund on the LB! Steam page. I commented with a spoiler warning for now, but they seriously need to be more careful. :peeved:

1 Like