Konomi Suzuki to Perform Summer Pockets' Opening Theme: Alka Tale

Earlier today, Key just announced on the Summer Pockets website and on their official Twitter account the opening theme of their upcoming game, Summer Pockets. The song, entitled “Alka Tale” is composed by Shinji Orito, with lyrics by Kai and arranged by Masato Nakayama, and the biggest surprise yet, performed by none other than Konomi Suzuki! If you haven’t heard the name yet, Konomi Suzuki is a well-renowned anime song artist, having performed hits like “DAYS of DASH” from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, “This Game” from No Game No Life, “Redo” from Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu and many more. This is the first time Key has gotten this big an artist to perform one of their songs, so this has gotten me pretty stoked!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/konomi-suzuki-perform-summer-pockets-opening-theme-alka-tale/
10 Likes

If you’ve every spoken to me about anime music you’ve probably heard me say this a million times: Konomi Suzuki is a literal fucking goddess.

That whole performance was without autotune and I could only hear one instance where she may have been a bit flat. I would be happy with those numbers. For a pop star, she’s an incredibly talented vocalist.

10 Likes

Alkaline Tale?
Alcohol Tale?

2 Likes

Interesting! I loved her when I was a bit younger, so it’s very interesting to see her performing for a visual novel! I’ll go pre-order on animate this instant!

2 Likes

Alchemy tale

1 Like

That would be アルケ not アルカ, nice guess though.

1 Like

I don’t know if there are other examples, but in Symphogear, alchemy was kinda shortened to アルカ[Alca].

2 Likes

I have a soft spot for Shinji Orito’s stuff, so I look forward to this :DD

This is speculation at best, but I get the impression that a portion of the OP has already been featured in the teaser vid, timestampped for everyone’s convenience:

It sounded pretty Orito, so I wasn’t surprised that the game’s OP turns out to be his. XD

3 Likes

Heeeeeyyyy someone gets it! :umu:

TBH I’ve actually never been a fan of most of her big songs (excluding Days of Dash) and while, musically, I prefer other anison acts, Konomi Suzuki is just an absolute vocal powerhouse! She recently came over o Manila to perform and it was just a joy watching her despite me not knowing half her songs :yahaha:

But considering how much I love Shinji Orito’s works and how great I think Suzuki Konomi’s voice is, I’m 99% sure I’m going to like this song

3 Likes

Man I should be better than this XD

2 Likes

Don’t really know much about these up and coming pop singers, so I’ve never heard of Konomi Suzuki, but the news that Shinji Orito is composing it is nice, and I’m especially interested in Nakayama’s involvement. They make some good stuff.

2 Likes

Oh I saw her perform at AX this past year! I wish I knew of the future, I could’ve gotten an autograph ^-^". I was more hyped for Ali Project and Angela at the time, but I liked her for Re-Zero.

2 Likes

I saw her perform at AX too!

Hearing her live made me interested in her future works! :smiley:

I still love listening to Redo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

DAYS

OF

DASH

4 Likes

The CD is now available on amiami! Updated the article with the link :umu:

2 Likes

Kind of sad it didn’t do so well, the song was really nice and one of my favorite songs from her. Oh well.

1 Like

Samapoke OP Konomin sounds like sasaki sayaka from her summery voice

1 Like