Key's Self-References

Surprised to still learn about new ones today!

1 Like

Look closely at the vending machine and the can coffee Otonashi is holding…

Does this count as a reference? A papercraft Stegosaurus appears as a weapon in the battle rankings minigame in Little Busters!

4 Likes

Kyousuke has good taste in erm… manga? light novels? dunno.

6 Likes

Could this possibly count as a Clannad “Tomoyo, Let me borrow your breasts!” reference?

5 Likes

@cjlim2007 WTF I NEVER NOTICED THAT

@DecentDango Probably yeah

Someone else on discord (I forgot, sorry) said that the planetarian reference is only in EE because PE certainly didn’t have it.

1 Like

Last time I was in Riki’s room, that Planetarian book wasn’t there. Must only be there at a specific time…?

1 Like

That’s Kyousuke’s room. Not Riki’s.

1 Like

Technically a reference by a translator rather than Key, but, eh, well, this busterpedia entry exists.

4 Likes

I for one do not remember modanyaki from Charlotte…

Yeah, who on earth is Charlotte?

1 Like

I see we’ve entered the denial stage…

3 Likes

I feel this discussion of Komari’s hair accessory and Mio pretending to assume it’s a starfish instead of a star mirrors one of the first scenes with Fuko in Clannad where Tomoya first assumes she’s carving a star and not a starfish.

8 Likes

Komari can also earn the title “Not a starfish” in the Little Busters! battle rankings minigame

1 Like

Can you screenshot the JP version?

Possibly a Clannad reference, or just coincidence?

1 Like

Someone brought up on Discord the “Tego” from when you take Kud and Mio to the test of courage.

By the powers of Google I found a blog explaining it being an Air reference. The word that GaoGao translates to “Violate” is 手込め[Tegome]. We obviously also have Mio doing Minagi’s iconic “Po.”

Untitled

There’s a fuckton of other Air references in LB!, especially references to YerianPotato.

6 Likes

A little reference to Kanon in Little Busters.

1 Like

lol, I’d never seen it as anything but the usual joke on Kud’s English, but that’s an interesting interpretation too x)