Key's plans for their 21st year

I scored one, I guess?
But this is surely unexpected right?

3 Likes

Wait, is Key making a RPG game ? That’s unexpected but I think they can make something really good especially with the latest Key stories (Rewrite, Angel Beats and Charlotte) where action is pretty important.

1 Like

English webpage up alongside other language like France and Korea.
Does this mean they also planned for international release?

On other hand I gladly take Key mobage since mobility is also important in this fast world and I can’t afford Switch

3 Likes

I am legitimately hyped for this now. I generally do not like RPGs, let alone mobile RPGs, but the promise of a heart-wrenching story with music by Jun Maeda & yanagi nagi again is way too tempting to pass up

4 Likes

On the 15th Anniversary of the release of planetarian, the Crowdfunder is going very well with 61% of the target ¥30M now pledged.

3 Likes

It seems Key is going to make an important announcement regarding Summer Pockets on this sunday.

They released a quiz on their website, and completing it with the correct answers leads you to the words “Welcome to the new Torishirojima island” and this picture below:

From what it seems, this girl with red hair is a completly new character, so I wonder what this new project might be? A fandisc? A sequel, perhaps?

3 Likes

That’s “Summer Pockets EX”, definitely. They wouldn’t create an entirely new character only for a fandisc, would they? That girl’s definitely going to have her own route (I really hope they won’t take the easy path and make her a “Saya 2” …). I’m also hoping for a Nomiki Route, the poor girl didn’t have much story. Also, a Shizuku Route could be interesting, maybe as a sequel to Tsumugi’s Route.

We’ll hear more on Sunday, but I bet everything on a “Summer Pockets EX” (maybe they’ll dare put +18 content in it ; that could be funny with Ao).

EDIT: So, Visual Arts Japan has just announced Summer Pockets - Reflection Blue:

I suck at Japanese so I don’t understand everything they said during the Live, and Google Translating the link above didn’t help much. Is it an update? A DLC? A new version?

About the content, it seems I was almost spot on xD. This new “version” will have 3 new routes: Shizuku’s Route, Nomiki’s Route (YES!), and Umi’s Route (that one’s surprising, although it’s a good surprise).
Now I don’t understand why the NEW character doesn’t have her own Route. Or is there something I didn’t understand?

Anyway, it’s a very good surprise. No release date though, it’s a shame. On the contrary, we got the release date of Heaven Burns Red but absolutely nothing about its content xD.
(Also, we can expect a crazy ending like Oppai Route ; I’m pretty sure that one is for Shizuku xD)

3 Likes

From I interpreted it, I guess it’s was like LB!EX… another standalone Samapoke that has extra route on it.

On other side, kinda sad that they didn’t confirming anything about Heaven Burns Red international release on the stream despite they releasing English(and also other language) webpage.

2 Likes

All. They initially framed it as a sequel, but later placed it as a new Samapoke. More than a fandisc, but less than a pure sequel. They went onto say that the update includes new common route features, new routes, and a new heroine. They said a bit about what kind of routes the previously established characters will have (daily life romcoms) but the new heroine is a mystery. It could take place after or before.

It’s a very large update though, so you can expect a lot of content from it.

Summer, no?

2 Likes

Alright, so here’s the info we have right now about Summer Pockets - Reflection Blue:

1. Reflection Blue is indeed a new version of the visual novel with aditional content
  2. Umi, Nomiki and Shizuku are now heroines and will have their own routes!
  3. A new girl has been introduced - Kamiyama Shiki (神山識)

“Hey, do you know the ghost/demon living on this island?”

About the character: She is a girl searching for ghosts/demons. Her age is 14 years old and her hobby is traveling alone. Her favorite food is rice balls.

1. The common route has been expanded
  2. The table tennis mini-game has been improved. Now you’ll be able to play with doubles!

3. There will be a new theme song and two other additional music pieces
  4. With all the new scenarios, about 2 million words were added
  5. There are over 130 CGs
  6. There will be a special limited deluxe edition
  7. The release date is expected to be on Summer 2020 (although this is not confirmed yet).

Posters of Shiki, Shizuku, Nomiki and Umi showed during the livestream

A huge thanks to Key Studios Community facebook page for bringing all these details to us!

4 Likes

I see. 2 million words, eh…

WH-?! TWO MILLION WORDS?! It’s… it’s way too big!!! Isn’t that 2 million japanese characters, maybe?
That said, even if it’s 2 million characters, it would still be half of Clannad.
So… I guess we can’t expect the English Edition to release before 2030, something like that, lol.

At least it’s cool if Reflection Blue is set to release this Summer.

EDIT: Not gonna lie, the new table tennis mechanics look awesome, lol. On the other hand, I really hope Umi’s Route won’t be turned into romance… It would be kind of out-of-place.

3 Likes

Now that you mention it, it does make sense to be 2 million japanese characters instead of words. Perhaps that info was translated wrong by accident.

Here’s the original image from the livestream, in case someone who reads japanese can confirm it to us:

1 Like

Otherwise I say good luck to the girl who’ll have to fit it in- I mean, to the people who’ll have to read all of it.

Thank you for the screenshot. Using Google Translate, I discovered that “200万文字” (which are the last characters of the sentence) mean “2 million characters” (as in “letters”). That’s a relief, lol.

To be fair though, even 2 million characters is substantial. I wonder if that means it doubles the length of the game? It feels like it doubles it. It’s great news regardless!
Although, I just hope they won’t add too much in the Common Route. I feel like that part in Summer Pockets had a perfect rythm: it was fast, while still showing a lot. But if they add too much, it could break that rythm…
Wait&see, I guess.

1 Like

It’s 100% characters. If it were words I’d have described it as more than just “very large” earlier.

Oh, and there was gameplay of the table tennis stuff in the stream if you wanna watch it.

1 Like

Hmm so if they also expanded the common route, that means the common route will be included? So this new version is essentially going to be like Little Busters EX?

I can only hope that their official English release include the updated routes as well, then :ahaha:

2 Likes

I mean, “more than very large” is still “very large”, so I couldn’t be sure xD.
Ah, I’ve seen the screenshots for table tennis, but did they show video footage as well?

The Key twitter account have pronounced about the 2 million japanese characters of Reflection Blue. They apologize for the misunderstanding caused, since they actually meant the whole visual novel will have 2 million characters, and not just the aditional content.

So in other words, the new version of Summer Pockets will be half as long as Clannad, which is a pretty fair amount of content to be honest :yahaha:

2 Likes

On a sidenote, the american VisualArts twitter account said they still plan to release Summer Pockets in english on Steam, and that a potential release of Reflection Blue will be decided after that. This is surprising, as I was expecting they would wait for the new version to come out on Japan to only then release it on Steam.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. Ironically, now I’m a little disappointed xD.
Well, I guess it makes more sense. Given that Reflection Blue will be released only two years after the original Summer Pockets, even 2 million new characters was certainly too much to expect.

1 Like
3 Likes