Key's next major game, 'Summer Pockets' revealed!

I'll never forget these dazzling days.

It's been five years since Key last released a full-scale original visual novel with Rewrite. Today, the next entry in Key's main series of nakige is revealed at last. As was mentioned six months ago, a new major Key visual novel has been in

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/keys-next-major-game-summer-pockets-announced/
16 Likes

Every character kinda doing their own thing? Protag just moved here? Girl with memory issues? Summer theme? Nostalgia for childhood!?

Re:Sora no Method coming to stores near you.

4 Likes

It looks pretty interesting. I like the concept of ā€˜summer vacation memoriesā€™. Wonder if it will have a true routeā€¦ Also, I dunno what to expect with Niijima Yuu on the scenario. I played his last VN, Koi x Shin Ai Kanojo, and it was quiteā€¦ unusual (the portion he wrote). It seems he has a thing for screwing up with the protagonistā€™s life or his relationship with a girl. And from what Iā€™ve heard, he is probably leaning more towards the utsuge genre, so I wonder how this VNā€™s ending will turn out.

Also, I could be wrong, but this VN seems to lack male characters like LB! and AB had. Perhaps this title is a return to the old Keyā€¦

Now this looks like my kind of Visual Novel. Looking forward to seeing more, hopefully it holds up to first impression.

Ao be looking styling though.

2 Likes

tfw you forget summer vacation

5 Likes

I asked about the translation of that and nobody gave me a straight answer.

Concept art: http://gs.dengeki.com/news/89671/

2 Likes

Iā€™m kind of getting Air vibes from this, and the scenery looks really nice. Not to mention, the idea of remembering childhood summer vacation memories sounds interesting. Iā€™m looking forward to this.

Looks like itā€™s probably going to be a heartWARMING VN. Iā€™ll see myself out now.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen this on twitter but itā€™s pretty promising honestlyā€¦ Like, rather interesting as well, but I guess thatā€™s because of the concept of this one.

So from what I got from the article here, itā€™s that itā€™ll focus on the ā€œNostalgia towards Childhood Summer Vacationā€ In thisā€¦ I think this would seem interesting, considering the main girl has forgotten her memories of a
summer vacation, so with it I think the characters have to structure or at least create one that is memorable for herā€¦ as far as I can get, and donā€™t get me wrong this sounds like a good idea.

Also, Summer is like my 2nd favorite season of the year because of the beaches and free time, so itā€™s pretty nice to make something based on that as well, as Summer pretty much is freedom in a sense and just have fun and such? But that also depends how itā€™s executed in this honestly.

1 Like

If weā€™re lucky weā€™ll get an official translation around the release. Or at the very least I hope we donā€™t have to wait 3 years for a fan translation.

1 Like

I was really excited to hear about this new major game, Summer Pockets! The thought about summer and the girl losing her memories already had me hooked into the story. It has a very interesting story and it reminds me of AIR quite a bit with the nostalgia and all. I do believe it has much potential and hopefully itā€™ll get an English localization sometime in the future. I usually have low expectations when it comes to things being announced tbh so weā€™ll wait and see how things turn out. So, Iā€™m looking forward to this Key game coming soon.

1 Like

_ Iā€™m super hyped for this, which is funny because Iā€™ve never played any of the other visual novels before. Regardless, Iā€™m so glad Key is coming out with a new visual novel unrelated to previous works.
The town next to the ocean is giving me an AIR vibe.
No matter what, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll enjoy it.

1 Like

Yes, I certainly hope so. I hope the official translation will follow soon or some communities will announce the translation project for summer pockets.