Key Sounds Label - Music Discussion

Yeay i own that
The only one tho… T.T

I really want to hear the new Planetarian songs ;-;
Especially the ED for the movie.

1 Like

This looks interesting to know that the songs from Planetarian will be coming out shortly and I can’t wait until it comes out. You can tell I’m already excited just to know it will be wonderful to listen to.

I’ve tried looking into who sang YO-SHI-NO, but I’ve got no luck haha. Well, the video itself named “Net no Minna” (Internet People) as the singers, but I don’t know if I should take that seriously when it also names Kotarou Tennouji as the composer and lyricist. XD

It might actually be the actual composer Orito himself for all we know.
Or Masakazu Morita or POSSIBLY EVEN JUN’ICHI YANAGIDA BECAUSE YOSHINO SINGING FOR HIMSELF MIGHT ACTUALLY BE POSSIBLE :))

2 Likes

Interesting question! Keep that one to bring up at the next Q&A :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Definitely, I agree. Their Dango version was Very suited for a kids-show. It’s my fault for watching the movie first, then watching the series, then watching the movie again, and then comparing, and then not buying CLANNAD on steam ;-;

I actually wonder what Dango was about. Both versions (from Toei and KyoAni) of Dango are very suited for a child’s-show. Toei’s, making it sound as if Dango is a slice-of-life show that has many comedic moments, while KyoAni’s, making it sounds as if Dango is a heartwarming-show that teaches kids about family. It was probably explained somewhere in the story, but I don’t remember, but that can be saved for another day.

Definitely, one of the negative things will be the music when you come from the 2-seasons-worth of adaption, to the movie. Especially Dango if you were attached to it.

http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/product/2016_anime/

Looks like this is gonna be a good site to keep track of any of the CDs that come out with both Rewrite and planetarian animes. They even have special bonus items if you buy all CDs from each series. Of course, only open to stores within japan :x

1 Like

Rewrite Arrange Album ‘Selene’

Trailer:

Tracklist:

1. Philosophyz (溝口ゆうま remix)
  2. DIS is a pain (morbid Rock mix)
  3. Eruptible (Freezer Remix)
  4. Quaesitor (Shouya Namai Remix)
  5. サンブライト (ALR REMIX)
  6. Redemptor (Digital Universum ver)
  7. Phobia (LU-I Remix)
  8. Finale (Kissing the Mirror Mix)
  9. Retribution (MUZIK SERVANT & Freezer Remix)
  10. Fight for nowhere (Kissing the Mirror Mix)
  11. 刈り (溝口ゆうま remix)

If I’m not wrong, this album will comes together with Rewrite+ first press/limited edition.

4 Likes

The full anime version of Philosophyz and Sasayaka na Hajimari are out!

I can’t really decide whether I like the anime version or VN version of Philosophyz more. Both are great for me.

As for Sasayaka na Hajimari, I think I like the anime version better than the VN version. I don’t know how to describe it well, but the anime version sounds a lot crispier to me and I really like the instrumentals. I still like the MintJam version slightly more though. That drop near the end gets me every time. :grinning:

6 Likes

On September 21, we will see the release of 3 albums. They are (from left to right):

Anime「Rewrite」Music
「Word of Dawn/おきらく☆きゅうさい」
(Word of Dawn/O Kiraku ☆ Kyūsai)

Track List
01.Word of Dawn
02.おきらく☆きゅうさい
03.Word of Dawn (TVsize)
04.Word of Dawn (Instrumental)
05.おきらく☆きゅうさい (Instrumental)

Anime「Rewrite」Music
「End of the World/へたくそな唄」
(End of the World/Hetakusona Uta)

Track List
01.End of the World
02.へたくそな唄
03.End of the World (TVsize)
04.End of the World (Instrumental)
05.へたくそな唄 (Instrumental)

Anime「planetarian ~星の人~」Main Theme
「星の舟/Gentle Jena」
(Hoshi no Fune/Gentle Jena)

Track List
01.星の舟
02.Gentle Jena
03.星の舟 (Instrumental)
04.Gentle Jena (Instrumental)

Source: http://key.soundslabel.com/discography.html

6 Likes

Anyone know if KSL music is available on Apple Music streaming? I know it’s on iTunes, but I don’t know if it’s available to stream. If it is, I might actually switch from Spotify.

I got a chance to listen to the Rewrite “Selene” album and I tell you it has amazing remixes that make the experience of me wanting to play the VN once again. My favorite tracks would have to be, of course, Philosophyz, Quaesitor, Redemptor, and Fight for Nowhere. Speaking of Rewrite, I absolutely loved the “crann mor” album as well and certain tracks that made me feel good but I think the one track that hit me the most was Under This Tree, which is an arrangement of Scene Shifts There in the Rewrite OST with Aoi Tada providing her wonderful voice as she was singing with the song having a jazzy type of feeling. It felt like it was something you would hear at a jazz cafe, though I’ve never been to one myself.

On that note, with the Rewrite anime, the Philosophyz/Sasayaka no Hajimari single was one of the anticipated CDs I was waiting for when it came out and I ended up listening to the OP numerous times as it has become my favorite arrangement since the original single for the VN. I noticed the difference between them both as this version adds more guitar-like cues and sounds more orchestral comparing to the original. Sasayaka no Hajimari is such a beautiful song and before that I had listened to the original from the HF OST and this version was more brighter and full of life it sounded like something you could find yourself in a actual paradise while listening to it.

2 Likes

I love ALL of Clannad’s music, but stand-outs include “Nagisa”, “Tea in the Reference Room”, “Tiny Palms”, “Ana”, and “Hurry, Starfish”. (Is that maybe on too many stand outs…?)

As for other Key music, I really liked Lia’s Bravely You from Charlotte, and the openers of Little Busters and Refrain.

4 Likes

Something interesting I’ve learned today; So it seems it’s an in-joke in the japanese community to call tori no uta as “national anthem”. It’s more a pun on kanji because the lyrics refer heavily to Kunisaki Yukito, whose name’s first kanji is 国 and it being his song (歌), combining those gives 国歌 which literally means “national anthem”.

Of course that doesn’t stop people from suggesting that Japan’s national anthem be made tori no uta because, well, it’s such a great song, isn’t it? :wink:

9 Likes

I cannot believe no one’s talking about this. The new tracks on the Planetarian & Rewrite albums.

I usually hate when Key releases these small albums with songs that include the OP/ED, cause it’s always the same with 3 spots dedicated to the OP, and another 3 dedicated to the ED.

But I cannot stop listening to the songs. They’re beautiful!

Hoshi No Fune’s full version is mind blowingly beautiful. The build-up to the chorus through the subtle changes throughout the verses, and Lia’s voice (which is always beautiful). I’ve been a fan of the song since it was featured on the PV. I definitely believe this was a well-worth wait. Happy to see Lia still singing for Key after all these years :slight_smile:

Gentle Gena was also something I was looking forward to. But since I had stumbled onto another vocal version of Gentle Gena a few years back, I was wondering if this new Gentle Gena would be just as satisfactory. While I definitely prefer the arrangement of the other vocal version released a couple of years back, Ayaka Kitazawa’s voice is very beautiful in this song. Her voice was very suitable for this song, and I’m glad that she sung it. Definitely a song worth remembering.

Now for the Rewrite songs.

We have the 2 familiar songs. End Of The World, and Word Of Dawn. I wasn’t necessarily hyped for End of the World, just because OP’s are never my cup of tea (Unless it’s Kanon, CLANNAD, or AIR). End Of The World is pretty much the same thing as what we’ve heard. Nothing majorly new, but the bridge is the highlight (to me) definitely. There’s a guitar solo too, which was expected considering who composed the song. And for anyone who loves that piano piece in the end, it’s extended in this version. It’s very beautiful.

Word Of Dawn was quite the same as well. The bridge and ending-parts didn’t necessarily change much. They used the same melody from the chorus’ there. But I don’t mind it at all, because I find Word Of Dawn’s chorus very strong in terms of melody-aspect. It sounds like a warrior-type song, which makes perfect sense for the anime (for/from the events), and makes it have a different feel than the majority of Key’s vocal songs. Word Of Dawn is definitely one of Key’s best.

Then we have the 2 NEW Rewrite songs.

Okiraku☆Kyuusai is… Well… It has a bit of a generic-SoL feel to it (melody wise). This isn’t Love-Live Key :love:! Jokes aside, It’s a great song. Has a beautiful and catchy melody. But it’s a song that you’d pretty much expect to hear from an anime that’s pure SoL. This song (the melody) is something you’d hear in an anime like Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo as the ED. The song is definitely interesting, since I wonder why it was recorded in the first place if it wasn’t appearing in the anime. Could possibly appear in the VN, though I doubt it (since the song would have been out ages ago if that were the case). But it is quite an enjoyable song.

The final new song we have, is probably my favorite (next to Hoshi No Fune), which is Hetakuso Na Uta. This song is gorgeous! Down-right gorgeous! I’m a bit sad that this song will not be appearing for the Rewrite anime’s first course, and might not end up appearing at all. The song has quite a beautiful feel to it. (Melody-wise) It sounds like something that you’d hear from Key between AIR and CLANNAD, and we all know how beautiful those 2 soundtracks were. Anri Kumaki’s voice is a plus. Anri Kumaki has a soft voice, so End Of The World didn’t sound as full because of it, but her voice in songs like these, are very fitting and quite beautiful. If anyone has time, definitely check this song. I think it’s definitely Key’s best, but mostly because it gives me a nostalgic-feel, and has a bit of a soft-tune compared to the others.

With Harmonia coming up in 1-2 days too, I just can’t wait! Shinji’s supposedly “new favorite” is in Harmonia, which is why I’m looking forward to it. Does anyone know when the Original Sountrack may be available? New Key music is probably always more hyped than the actual Key story, just because the music is so beautifully done :fukowa: :kurumu: :minaamor:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the reason people haven’t been talking about it is that since it just came out, it’s hard to get access to it right away. I’m sure people will talk about it within the next week

Hey, it is clearly the song for the Creamy☆Kagarin OVA! What everyone has been waiting for!!
Just kidding, but when I started listening it kind of gave me that vibe~
The cutesy voice and the melody, together with some words like “kirari”, “fuwari”, magic and dreams… kinda of help to get such a weird idea.

…a magical Kagarin OVA wouldn’t be so bad.

1 Like

planetarian anime OST seems to be releasing on Oct 26, although KSL website has not update anything about it.

Source: https://www.aniplexplus.com/itemsdbamfOq

2 Likes

Oh thank god, I was actually just about to ask about the release date for that.
Speaking of which, was “The Rain and the Robot” in the anime? Four eps in (with ep 5 loaded and ready to play as I type), and I haven’t heard it. Then again, considering my hearing, I might have just missed it.

Post ep 5 edit: and no Perfectly Human, either.

Key finally confirms planetarian OST, releasing on Oct 26.

Source:http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/product/2016_anime/

4 Likes