Key Rough Sketches, Initial Designs and Scrapped Ideas

Shizuru is actually the tall one in the lower left of the second picture. Lucia and Shizuru pretty much switched designs it looks like. The comment on it even says ‘How shocking an oneesan Shizuru’, roughly translated.

1 Like

Sketch cover of TV anime Little Busters! BD/DVD vol.1 by Na-Ga:

4 Likes

I gotta say, she looks a lot better in the rough sketches than in the actual colored version XD

If there is anyone interested about the drawing progess of Hinoue Itaru, just watch this video (our channel recorded)

7 Likes

Oh. She looks like a modified version of asanas San ^-^

Personally my reaction upon the Anime BD Cover Rin: “Woah, she doesn’t look like Rin. She doesn’t look like drawn by Na-Ga, even.” And yes, I do prefer the sketches than the colored version.

Also, love how Hinoue wrote “No Chest” on Kagari’s chest lol.

2 Likes

There is always this thing I find interesting.
(Rewrite Spoilers incoming)

In Rewrite VFB, there is a Kagari, or at least an alpha design of her on page 198, features a girl with even flatter chest than our current Kagari, an X-shaped hair ribbon-thingy in place of the ±shaped hair clip, blonde hair color and wears mainly white instead of black. Her red ribbons are also not connected.
An “awakened” art (albeit only line-art) is also depicted on the right. Interesting it’s the ribbon that extend instead of the tree motif.

IMO I always think it’s totally okay to have a Black and a White Kagari in the story. Since she’s based on the Daisyworld Model and it also uses the 2 colors of Daisies in the simulation.

As for why they didn’t do that, the Chinese fandom actually has a wilder guess in that originally Kotori, instead of another Kagari will become the Key of the Earth. It’s pure hypothesis based on various material so I won’t expand on that for now,

8 Likes

There were some roughs in the planetarian HD artbook. Nothing ground breaking; Yumemi’s twintails were higher up at one point.

4 Likes

@nemoma Man, they could’ve totally had this parallel between (Late Rewrite)Earth and Moon Kagari, by showing one in black and one in white. It could’ve worked really well!

But alas.

For Summer Pockets, we obviously have the initial roughs from when the game was first announced. We should get some more in the perfect visual book (whenever it comes out, probably towards the end of winter)

I also found these on twitter. The expression sheet in the corner is really neat. Unfortunately I only found a close-up of the Kamome one.

More close-ups https://twitter.com/aokichirider/status/1031484736919678976

2 Likes

Unused character for Clannad code-named Chika-chan. I can’t work out what she’s holding in her left hand, kind of like a long handled saucepan and a star shaped thing. Possibly a net and a starfish?. Wonder if the idea eventually evolved into Fuuko? Some kind of odd looking creature too - a Botan prototype except it seems to have wings too?

That’s totally the Master.

Looks like a Magical Girl want to me ^^;

You could be right, a magical girl + familiar maybe. There’s a little text by the creature I can’t quite read. Ha + mu + ? Maybe the artist name

It reminds me of one of the many fan designs of Sayurin’s wand.