Key Rough Sketches, Initial Designs and Scrapped Ideas

I think they concluded, what with it being so great, is that it was TOO good TOO soon, and we’ll probably see that same idea down the line in a more final product.

1 Like

For later beats, maybe.

With different set of characters, obviously.

Actually that was Baba’s comment for cover #4 :wink: At least, if I understood the google translate correctly lol

Makes sense. The idea there is definitely out of place this soon.

Number 2 was discarded because Tenshi seems to ruin the romantic image between Otonashi and Yuri, and the rest of the characters look like they were thrown in

And I think Number 3 was discarded because there wouldn’t be any place for the logo?

Nothing wrong with that!
KISS HER, BRO.

The comment for the pic no.2 seems to be “It’s like Tenshi is ruining the romance between Otonashi and Yuri, and Iwasawa, Yui and Matsushita seem like random characters thrown in.”

The 4th one would be great for the final beat. The one revolving around Tenshi, Yuri and Otonashi.

It’s way worse in the final product!!!

The final product was like, Yuri in full action to revenge the characters shown behind her… And Tenshi is totally the bad guy one.

But in any case I see Matsushita not getting any spotlight at all… I hate this sexist discrimination.

Oh wait, yeah, you’re right, that seems more accurate. My mistake ^_^;

What they should’ve done is place Otonashi and Yuri back to back.

Or as bros, as it is. That’s the vibe the cover gives me, which is perfect!

6 Likes

They used the designs of 6 and 4 in Litbus.

Design 1 and 4 didn’t show any interaction between characters, maybe a consideration for the selection.

Who’s the girl with short hair on the first page ? There’s 4 different designs of her and the the biggest one of her has reddish-purple hair ? Was that Shizuru’s initial design ?

Isn’t that Kotori?

I couldn’t read the language :confused: Though she does look Kawaii. I get why they didn’t put her in though. Imagine her being in the visual novel, she’d be out of place. But, that’s Kotori ? The one with short hair and the short Haruka side ponytail on the first page ?

Yep, that’s Kotori.

They have the same face, personality and body type. It certainly doesn’t match the sprites of the other characters.

Well I thought it was Shizuru’s concept for a bit, since I saw the blonde version of the girl and she looked like SHIZURU (excluding the eyes and eyepatch).