Key Pairings Topic

I can assure that Hinata and Yuri are 10000000% bros. Like, probably the broest characters in Key history.

4 Likes

So Cat is fine…but how about Yukito and Potato? Piko piko?

[quote=“IkaCZ, post:14, topic:830”]
Sunohara x Kyou[/quote]
I think this pairing will work well, too. Although I don’t like when Kyou flirted with him just because she tried to hide her feelings for Tomoya in her route but generally I think they’re fit with each other.

A dog or potato is fine too! (But I’m sure Potato isn’t really a dog. What kind of dog barks piko piko?? Maybe he’s some kind of familiar like Chibi Moth… Or just magical beings.)

1 Like

Who says the bishoujo market wouldn’t buy figures of males they admire? I think you’d be surprised how well a Kyousuke figure would sell.

2 Likes

The problem is not whether it’s a male figure or not. IT’S KYOUSUKE. Even straight guys want him.

3 Likes

My fan would like to have a word with you

Aaaaaanyways I’ve been putting off making this since yesterday but I might as well make it now that I’ve started. I have a little constraint when it comes to romantic pairings. Basically, I need the personality of the characters to be alright together before I allow it to happen. A lot of pairings, many times official, like to rely on the fact that the guy is “just there” for the girl. In that case, it could have been any other guy and it’ll still work :stuck_out_tongue: Furthermore, if their personalities totally go against each others’, then that isn’t just a forced pairing, that’s a divorce waiting to happen!
So here are my choices and this is gonna be in order of how important this ship is to me:

Masato x Kud: While at the lowest level of importance, I still ship them, because they are so adorable together. Masato is a very encouraging guy, and Kud kind of has a low self-esteem, so I think that attitude of his can help Kud in quite a few ways. Kinniku yay yay!

Kotarou x Kotori: Making rewrite pairings are hard because, due to the nature of Rewrite, Kotarou’s personality just adapts to whatever he needs it to be . To put it simply, I love their comedic duo and how they complement each other’s jokes XD

Kotarou x Lucia: I put this a bit above the Kotori pairing because, I swear, Lucia route is just so goddamn sweet. When Kotarou isn’t being such an idiot, Lucia is a really nice and docile girl. This is one of the pairings that makes me giddy >3<

Tomoya x Nagisa: The only reason why this ranks so low for me is because it’s an official ship so I don’t really feel the need to promote it. Let’s face it, Tomoya has a few problems. Nagisa is a girl who can support someone despite having problems and helping him face it. I’ve known a few guys who have had problems and have seen failed relationships because they choose to go with women who aren’t really good at handling problems. In that sense, for example, I couldn’t imagine Tomoya going well with Kyou or even Kotomi. Tomoyo might be okay (hence Tomoyo After) but still. Tomoya and Nagisa are THE OTP of the Clannad-verse

Riki x Kurugaya: A lot of people like to ship Rin with Riki but that frustrates me because they have absolutely no romance going on between them. In that sense, I ship Riki with the route which focused on the romance. Sure, when you look at Kurugaya’s jokes, you’d think their personalities don’t match, and that it is even an abusive matching. But if you look past that, and take into account Kurugaya’s issue of not being able to experience emotions, I think that they match a lot better than one would initially think. Kurugaya needs somebody a bit more level-headed and honest, otherwise she would never take them seriously. Riki, on the other hand, always seemed to like characters he could look up to. There’s a reason why Riki x Kyousuke is so popular xP

Kappei x Ryou: Really, Kappei’s route speaks for itself on this one. Kyou always wanted to be a nurse and is a very caring person. Kappei, due to his nature, needs that sort of care both physically and emotionally. Ryou, as well, needs somebody strong-willed, but gentle. I still remember how Kappei tried to hunt down that girl who gave him a handkerchief and that was totally cute, how he determined himself to do that XD

Kyousuke x Komari: Oh my god this ship~ Many a time have pictures of this shipped just stirred up my insides and left me with a grin on my face. Onto personality compatibility check! As @Hirato already mentioned, Komari is, I wouldn’t say looking for especially after the end of her route, but let’s just say her preference aligns to big-brother figures~ While being fairly responsible, she is a bit of a klutz, and somebody that can help guide her would be great. Kyousuke, on the other hand, gets weak over her overall niceness. I think one of the recent Key Oekaki shows it pretty well:

(source: http://t.co/WBRwpRSlN0)

Real-world Hinata x Real-world Yui: Ahhhh yes, the pairing that everybody loves to hate xP I must admit, the development in the anime just came too suddenly. And, more often than not, they clash with each other. It just doesn’t make sense, right? This is why I put a distinction with their real-world selves. While their personalities may be more-or-less the same, the circumstances driving their motivations in the real-world were totally different; enough to make them change how they are to the rest of the world. Hinata’s issue with the real world was that he wanted to feel that he was needed. After missing that final catch in baseball, that probably made him feel like he was useless and that nobody needed him. What better way to feel needed than through Yui. Furthermore, he was a really responsible guy in the afterlife, which shows he is more than capable of being Yui’s partner. I guess it could be argued that any other disabled girl would have suited Hinata, but lets face it, Hinata is awesome and any girl in general would suit him just fine~ Yui, on the other hand, needs a guy who is a lot more forward. The kind of guy who can say “Shut up and kiss me.” The kind of guy that Hinata is. Yes, while she doesn’t show that sort of need in the afterlife, the circumstances behind her situation in the real world would drive her to need that. Because of her situation, she wouldn’t want to enforce stuff like “Hey should take care of me” as she would be too guilty about it. Hinata would just do it without any further thought.
Sorry for the over-the-top Hinata praise but I mean what I say when I consider him my favorite Key character

5 Likes

i literally live for kyoumari jesus christ

I also like Kengo x Mio quite a bit. I think they actually go well together, both of them are strong in their topics of interest (poetry and kendo) and they both a silent atmosphere to them. (Well, Kengo before he went all crazy)

6 Likes

What makes Hinata x Yui seems unlikely is because the anime was cut short so there’s really almost no hint of showing that the two look at each other romantically. Even Maeda said so.

Jun Maeda: I really want to thank director Kishi for putting Yui and Hinata together in the ED (in earlier episodes). Even I personally thought it was a little too sudden for Hinata to confess his love to Yui suddenly in episode 10, but the ED managed to help foreshadow this.
Seiji Kishi: After knowing their relationship in the main story, I wanted the ED to look like that.
Jun Maeda: Yui doesn’t get to speak much in the main story, so a large part of this was saved by the presentation. Also, episode 10 is personally where it’ll decide victory or defeat for me. If this episode doesn’t work, then it means I wasn’t able to live up to viewer’s expectations that they want to see a story that will make them cry, so I really want to know what people think of this episode when it airs.

I really am not against Hinata x Yui, but my Angel Beats! OTP is Hinata x Otonashi (refers to drama CD) /smirk

2 Likes

I would spent all of my money if that really happen :’'D Kyousuke need a figure :'D
Of course Riki, Masato and Kengo too :3

As a girl, I’m really waiting this day to come…

2 Likes

But hey, at least Kyousuke got a dakimakura of him from the anime…

While Mio didn’t.

What kind of discrimination is this!?!?

3 Likes

Lucia/Kotarou. Best ship imo.

By the way, it just occurred to me that Mai, Yuiko, Shiina and Lucia have so many similar traits. They all have long black(-ish) hair, very skilled in using blades and… they like cute things (Mai, Shiina and Lucia seem to be cute-animal lover, while Yuiko is more to cute-girl lover). I’m pretty sure these four will get along very well…

More non-romantic crossover couple: Kanade and Kotori probably will get along well since both of them like gardening.

3 Likes

After a long, LONG thought process… To collapse on one…

Yuuichi and Sayuri. Because as said before, even Mai ships this. as Yuuichi ships Mai and Sayuri cough.

Ahaha~, because I really only wanted to name one.

2 Likes

I’ll take the “pairing by VN” approach:

Kanon: Yuuichi is best paired with either Ayu or Shiori. Mai is best shipped with Sayuri

AIR: Too straightforward to say it, although Minagi works well, too. Summer wise, Ryuuya x Uraha works well because Kanna feels so… outlandish and out of reach for either him or any human

CLANNAD: While Nagisa and Tomoya make the perfect pair, Tomoyo and Kyou could be great pairings, too
But above all this, is the Tomoya x Sunohara. Best bros

Tomoyo After: I’m more of the Takafumi x Kanako pairing than the Tomoya x Tomoyo one

Little Busters!: Riki x Rin, Kyousuke x Riki, Kyousuke x Komari, Mio x Haruka, Kengo x Masato, Masato x Kud, Kud x Kurugaya and Rin x Komari… so many ships there, it almost looks like Kancolle, just better
Having said that, KyouKoma FTW!!!

Angel Beats!: Hinata x Yui, Yuri x Hinata, Hinata x Otonashi… Hinata confirmed as King of AB! Shippings.

(Reminder that I must play Rewrite ASAP)

2 Likes

Yes. Only good pairing of Tomoyo After. Since the title duo were… bleh as a couple.

What is with this pair? I see it a lot but I don’t know why it’s a thing.

MioxHaruka is basically because quiet girl x ultra hyper noisy girl thing. They’re so different they match each other so well.
I often see Kurugaya x Mio too, for some reason o_o

With Kurugaya there’s the book thing. I don’t remember Mio and Haruka talking much though I must be forgetting something since I remember hearing “Mio-chin” a lot.

They’re more of a Manzai duo with Mio as the tsukkomi

5 Likes

The eyes; they burn, but worse is the humiliation. Mio best tsukkomi.