Key Music Fan Covers

Something I just found.

5 Likes

I wanted to do a drawing but that’d take a bit too long. (That and I haven’t drawn in awhile… Plus after seeing all these other images I’m feeling a need to improve my drawing… by a lot, lol.) Anyway, I thought I’d play what I know of Tori no Uta (which is a very tiny bit past the intro, and only partially so) on guitar and share that. Sorry, the quality isn’t very good – cheap-o phone recording to AMR format.

Here you go: tori no uta (intro) - 20150220.mp3 (476.5 KB)

7 Likes

Wow, cool! Someone liked my stuff :smile:

But anyways, these are some of my favorite Key covers. This guy’s channel (xXAnimeMusicXx) is so underrated.

4 Likes

This used to be on Youtube, but it was removed for some reason and now this is the only place I can find it.

http://www.tudou.com/listplay/bPOW_mAOoEU/6ZkCPrh2sp4.html

Anyways, if you can be bothered to take the time to click the link, you’ll hear my favorite CLANNAD remix ever: “To The Same Hights (MYTK Remix)”

Its from a remix album called Snowdrop, sold by Right Stuff Sound Distribution and BlackBerry Recordings at the 2012 Comiket 83. The album contains mostly Key remixes (I also really like the “Approaching Light” one), but also a few from other visual novels.

3 Likes

On the topic of CLANNAD actually, Country Train is my one of my favourite tracks, has anyone got any covers/remixes they can share?

1 Like

Looking around on nicovideo I found really good MIDI medleys of Key stuff that includes fun images in the MIDI program!
They’re all in this list here.
The Little Busters! one contains mild EX spoilers for Sasami’s route if you care about that.

1 Like

Watching the planetarian one now and it is just amazing :smiley: Really great work he put into this. Love how he even tells the story through the midi charts

Thanks for showing me the best Remix of “to the same heights”. I tought people wont do a dubstep-ish remix on Clannad osts becasue it would ruin the clannad atmosphere and stuff and yet I was wrong again. This is a masterpiece. I fell in love with this track when the first bassline went in.
Really loving it <3!!!

1 Like

Did a short guitar cover on Angel Beats’ Brave song. Link

I think a steel stringed would have been more suitable, but I don’t have one available at the moment. Didn’t have too much time, so I didn’t learn the right hand and just played with freestrokes. Some slip ups and overall slower tempo, but I hope it’s presentable.

2 Likes

I enjoyed your playing. The slip ups weren’t too bad, no worries. There are only two AB songs I’ve played so far, and that makes me want to try a few more. I hope to hear more from you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve done a couple vocal covers of Key songs. My editing skills in particular aren’t very good, and I don’t have any real vocal training, but I think they’re okay, at least.

7 Likes

I can’t describe how excited I was when I saw someone had posted their own covers. As you will probably soon learn from sticking around for a bit, I love music. A lot of us love music. And I really like singing. Covering a KSL song is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. Hopefully someone finally posting one will incite me to get to it.

Anyways, don’t worry, they certainly are good. But I want to Refrain from any kind of criticism unless you specifically request it. Because the fact that anyone takes the time and effort to create any kind of artwork needs to be respected and applauded, and I don’t want to make any kind of comment that would discourage you from creating more.

I would love to hear more covers from you if you have the desire to make some. And I would love it if you ever wanted to PM me just to talk about any of that kind of stuff: covers, music, art, etc.

5 Likes

I was about to post my criticisms but then saw @yerian98’s post so I decided against it XD But hey nice job and it’s great to see people with the motivation to do this! I think my favorite out of those 3 is your cover of Brave Song :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks to both @yerian98 and @Pepe. Like I said, I’m not a well-practiced singer by any stretch of the imagination, so hearing that they were at least somewhat good is encouraging! All 3 of these songs are very close to my heart, and it meant a lot to me to be able to sing them. I might redo Tori no Uta at some point though, because it’s probably my least favorite of the three.

But if I do any more covers I’ll post them here again, and I would love to hear anything other people record as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for sharing your own covers of Key songs! This is really exciting, and I wish more people had the courage to share their own musical talents here more often. I found myself singing along to your voice as I listened. I myself have no vocal training, but seeing stuff like this makes me want to grab a mic and take a stab at singing some of Key’s songs myself. No, that 10-second Yo-Shi-No doesn’t count guys! Maybe I will give it a try sometime. When I’ve got the house to myself at least, hahaha. I really wish we could all meet up somewhere and go Karaoke-ing Key songs as a community, but alas that’s nearly impossible :3c

Suika, if you DO decide to re-do Tori no Uta, we would be happy to accept it as a submission of fanart for the AIR BOOKCLUB! Specifically, I think it would fit well for the final stretch of the bookclub where we read the AIR route together. Please consider it!

4 Likes

Preeeeetty sure it was more than 10 seconds ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 Likes

I mean to say I churned it out after about 10 seconds without any preparation :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

In that case, I’d be more than happy to do a special Air Book Club edition of Tori no Uta in addition to the drawing of Minagi I was planning on submitting somewhere down the line. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

…As you can see here…I’m not an expert…But I like singing—mostly song with calm beats-- My fav singers are KOKIA, LIA, and Tomoyo Mitani.

Here one of my cover as a closet otaku if you might interested

2 Likes

Not bad, but it seems to have some problems with the audio levels; it’s very hard to hear you over the music!