Key Food Topic

Ever since reading Kanon I’ve become an insatiable beast who can’t rest until I’ve tried taiyaki.

Come to my house… I love cooking it but nobody will eat it with me.

1 Like

Of course Shizuru’s hunger for saury makes it tempting, though so far I haven’t found a convenient means of obtaining or eating it, especially in her preferred manners. However, I was inspired by her anchovy crepe to try anchovies on ice cream, which i was surprised works. Also of course I’ve been a big parfait fan since Rewrite, but a proper parfait is pretty hard to come by sadly as well. So I tend to get banana splits, which are pretty close because of the fruit. But spicy parfaits, the closest I’ve come is adding hot sauce and various pepper spices to ice cream, which is actually really good! The best cure for intense spice flavor in the mouth is dairy, so spicy ice cream and parfaits actually work out nicely.

Also I really want to try dango.

4 Likes

I so want to try Lucia’s spicy parfait!! not because I really like spicy stuff or anything but I just want to taste it and hate myself for tasting it and make a good memory out of it :smug:
I also want to eat the Mapo Tofu of AB, not because it is spicy (just remembered it was spicy haha) but I found it really cute that Tachibana loved it (and it is one of my favorite serie) and another reason is that I saw it in Shokugeki no Soma and now I am craving for some Mapo Tofu :mad:
And dango would be very nice as well (insert image of Shizuru eating saury)

3 Likes

The last time I made dango was probably whenever they announced Clannad for the Vita (lmfao @ all of us who believed that), and I had kind of forgotten how difficult it is. They taste good tho, and my little 3-year-old niece likes the song.

Someone PLEASE talk me out of making a spicy parfait.

7 Likes

Nice Dango! I would love to try making Dango one day, though I have no idea how difficult or complicated it is to make them. Also, make the spicy parfait, there’s nothing more great than making unique food and then rejoicing in laughter after having somebody else try it with you! It will be great, I can assure you this!

There is no food that cannot be improved by the addition of spices. You know you want to…

2 Likes

Actually, PLS DO IT

2 Likes

Happy 15th birthday, Clannad!

I didn’t have any bamboo skewers, don’t @ me

6 Likes

Its not a spoiler but it involves a few references to Umineko as well as a bunch of Key stories.

So your witch of Hardscope, the one who massacred the entire dango family with your bamboo skewers of purgatory during their Clannad 15th anniversary conference on the island of Kazamatsuri. Next thing your gonna do is REWRITE the gameboard by launcing a KANONball through the AIR into the PLANETARIAN. If you do that the LITTLE BUSTERS will come after you watch out!!!

Please don’t even ask why I did this…

1 Like