Key Fangames

Yeahh I tried Queen of Battlers II quite excited by the prospect of a fighting game featuring Little Busters characters. But… I was certainly not impressed with what I played :\

Probably, one of the most famous doujin games of Kanon might be Kanoso, which is now free to download from here.(I don’t know you can download it from countries other than Japan)
The protagonist of this game is 木目沢 ネ右一 instead of 相沢祐一 and like that, this game somehow overemphasize or break the personality of each characters. It is said that this game somehow affected to other doujin works of Kanon.
You can also download from there リトルバスターZoo (parody of Little Busters! including some Mah-jong)
If you don’t read Japanese, it also contains arranged musics of Kanon or LB. So you might enjoy them, though I don’t know its worth listening.
The writer of this game is Takumi Hiiragi ,who is also known as the author of Absolute duo(アブソリュート・デュオ), Aster, Hosizora he Kakaruhasi. I think Aster is one of well known VN which makes you cry(泣きゲー)

I found some other games
Kanon has so many. Though it seems CLANNAD or other games are popular these days, in the past Kanon defined a generation in Doujin works.
For example
かのっしゅ!(Kanossyu!)
Kanon防衛軍(Kanon Boueigun)
あゆちゃんパンチ(Ayu-chan Punch)
魔物ハンター舞(Mamono Hunter Mai)
Official sites of these games were closed, but you can find play videos on YouTube and some of them are sold as second-hand

Coloful Snow is Puyo-Puyo like game which you can download free from here

(All of the play videos can be found in Vysethedetermined’s channel on Youtube. And some of other key-fan games I didn’t mentioned here can be found.)

There are also some browser games like
SUPER KANON WORLD
MARIO-like game as you can know from the title.

I also found LB’s action game.
Little All Stars
Action game based on LB!

6 Likes

Thank you so much for this post @waravim! Key doujin games,especially ones as old as this, feel like a distant world that I’ve never been able to see before. This is really interesting! Feels like digging up a time capsule.

I’ve got a bunch of the Kanon ones. Dunno if they are still available, but if they ever need archiving I have copies. Colorful Snow is probably my favorite of them all, though the music is grating. Also AIR Tennis is simple but fun.

1 Like

That’s true. Actually I was thinking of only mentioning about Kanoso, which I thought famous and worth sharing. However, searching more about the game, I found many games other than that like ,as you mentioned, finding something which you are not expected from a time capsule. I like finding old key fan’s blog or doujin works like this, because I can somehow feel the enthusiasm over key in the past, which now seems to be slowing down.

2 Likes

Wow that LB one looked really cool until it got to the gameplay. It has such promising art assets and then the game just looks so terrible :frowning:

There’s no game that can possibly look terrible when Riki can transform into a trap

twitter

I don’t know if this character crossover collaboration was a fan-game or not, and if it was ever mentioned above (since I was looking out for screenshots); but apparently this was a thing?

1 Like

This was Rewrite Ignis Memoria. It was a Key mobile game that I believe stopped operation a while ago but I don’t remember so it’s not a fan game exactly.

1 Like

So it was a mobile game… :uee: