Key Fangames

I’m actually probably going to make 100% Gooey Concentrated Peach Juice at some point. It’ll start off as a 100% Orange Juice clone, but I’ll expand on it and try to add some more core gameplay mechanics too.
When I actually start it and make okay progress I’ll make a topic for it and have people suggest character stats and abilities.
I think It’ll have to be spoilerific, (Rewrite)especially Rewrite, for obvious reasons, and just warn people before entering.

3 Likes

Is Kano’s special ability a (anime) Reality marble?

5 Likes

Well I didn’t mean necessarily a KEY related work, but more of an homage to KEY, since I’m not exactly good at crafting fanfiction ^^;

I do have ideas for things that I feel are somewhat KEY-like, and I can think up ideas for route plotlines, but I’m not very motivated or good at writing by myself ^^;

[quote=“Zander1995, post:34, topic:944”]
I do have ideas for things that I feel are somewhat KEY-like, and I can think up ideas for route plotlines, but I’m not very motivated or good at writing by myself ^^;
[/quote]And there’s nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can write, so it’s important that writers make themselves visible so that you can find someone to help put all your ideas on paper. I’m sure there are plenty of writers who can’t type, either. They verbally dictate their ideas to someone who can.

And if it’s motivation you need, perhaps it’s best to avoid the subject until you find some? I find it best to just write what comes to me on a Word document, no matter how stupid it comes out. Since the majority of fanfiction is stupid anyways, I can get away with experimental writing. If you want to be good at anything, even writing, you just have to do it over and over again. And you don’t have to write everything in one day. Start with a page a day, or even just a small paragraph, just to get those ideas down on paper. Reading books or even well-written fanfics help, too. You need to understand the story structure of a visual novel before writing one.

1 Like

Well by motivation I meant motivation to plan it out and work on it by myself ^^;

Now if this were a group project, I’d love to work with people on it, but it’s kind of a daunting task working on something alone, you know? And I know how to write in a VN style, it’s just that writing something I’m satisfied with hard to do, especially if there’s no one to like read over it and help make it sound better if there are issues.

I did imagine something like a doujin kart/arcade racer a while back.

I always keep the idea in my head mostly for the glorious title pun I came up with:

“Kanonball Run.”

1 Like

I’m planning to make a FPS based on Little Busters! EX’s Saya’s arc. I even planned the future DLC’s (most of them are optional campaign DLCs, like a “Saya” prequel, if you know what I mean) and gameplay (customizations, upgrades and a variety of weapons etc.) It’ll be darker than the VN, but still won’t lose the “Key vibe”.
But I can’t make it, since my modeling and programming skills are not enough to make a game.

Sound look fun.:smile:

Look like You’re making the dark version of Little Busters! So do not let “Friendships” become fall.

1 Like

Didn’t see it around anywhere so I thought I’d post this doujin game that oddly popped up on my radar called The Queen of Battlers II. 2D anime fighter. The bulk of its characters are from Key works, albeit not all of them. Honestly, I’ve not looked at much gameplay or anything for it, but I figure some people (EFZ fans maybe) might be interested in it. Came out at C91 back in December.

Here’s the group’s site http://moon.tiyogami.com/. It’s the first one under Products. Definitely looks kinda janky. Melty Blood this is not. But hey, might be a fun game.

Key characters in it:
ONE: Miaski, Rumi, Mizuka,
Kanon: Ayu, Mai, Nayuki
AIR: Misuzu (+Sora), Minagi, Kano, Kanna
CLANNAD: Nagisa, Tomoyo, Kyou
Little Busters: Rin, Komari, Kud

Oh, and for what it’s worth there was a The Queen of Battlers I that also had a bunch of Key characters, but at this point it doesn’t seem very relevant.

1 Like

Oh hey, The Queen of Battlers. There’s some good mugen ports out there of a bunch of the characters, though of course they don’t play as well as EFZ. Wasn’t a fan of the weird mixed art style, but it had that AiSp@ce vibe going on. I’ve probably still got some of the ripped sprites lying around on my pc…

Not the prettiest of things.

Yeahh I tried Queen of Battlers II quite excited by the prospect of a fighting game featuring Little Busters characters. But… I was certainly not impressed with what I played :\

Probably, one of the most famous doujin games of Kanon might be Kanoso, which is now free to download from here.(I don’t know you can download it from countries other than Japan)
The protagonist of this game is 木目沢 ネ右一 instead of 相沢祐一 and like that, this game somehow overemphasize or break the personality of each characters. It is said that this game somehow affected to other doujin works of Kanon.
You can also download from there リトルバスターZoo (parody of Little Busters! including some Mah-jong)
If you don’t read Japanese, it also contains arranged musics of Kanon or LB. So you might enjoy them, though I don’t know its worth listening.
The writer of this game is Takumi Hiiragi ,who is also known as the author of Absolute duo(アブソリュート・デュオ), Aster, Hosizora he Kakaruhasi. I think Aster is one of well known VN which makes you cry(泣きゲー)

I found some other games
Kanon has so many. Though it seems CLANNAD or other games are popular these days, in the past Kanon defined a generation in Doujin works.
For example
かのっしゅ!(Kanossyu!)
Kanon防衛軍(Kanon Boueigun)
あゆちゃんパンチ(Ayu-chan Punch)
魔物ハンター舞(Mamono Hunter Mai)
Official sites of these games were closed, but you can find play videos on YouTube and some of them are sold as second-hand

Coloful Snow is Puyo-Puyo like game which you can download free from here

(All of the play videos can be found in Vysethedetermined’s channel on Youtube. And some of other key-fan games I didn’t mentioned here can be found.)

There are also some browser games like
SUPER KANON WORLD
MARIO-like game as you can know from the title.

I also found LB’s action game.
Little All Stars
Action game based on LB!

6 Likes

Thank you so much for this post @waravim! Key doujin games,especially ones as old as this, feel like a distant world that I’ve never been able to see before. This is really interesting! Feels like digging up a time capsule.

I’ve got a bunch of the Kanon ones. Dunno if they are still available, but if they ever need archiving I have copies. Colorful Snow is probably my favorite of them all, though the music is grating. Also AIR Tennis is simple but fun.

1 Like

That’s true. Actually I was thinking of only mentioning about Kanoso, which I thought famous and worth sharing. However, searching more about the game, I found many games other than that like ,as you mentioned, finding something which you are not expected from a time capsule. I like finding old key fan’s blog or doujin works like this, because I can somehow feel the enthusiasm over key in the past, which now seems to be slowing down.

2 Likes

Wow that LB one looked really cool until it got to the gameplay. It has such promising art assets and then the game just looks so terrible :frowning:

There’s no game that can possibly look terrible when Riki can transform into a trap

twitter

I don’t know if this character crossover collaboration was a fan-game or not, and if it was ever mentioned above (since I was looking out for screenshots); but apparently this was a thing?

1 Like

This was Rewrite Ignis Memoria. It was a Key mobile game that I believe stopped operation a while ago but I don’t remember so it’s not a fan game exactly.

1 Like

So it was a mobile game… :uee: