Key Birthdays!

21st April!

Happy Birthday to Katsuyuki Konishi! He is the voice of everyone’s favorite glasses-wearing Rewrite character, Sakuya Ohtori!

You may also know Katsuyuki as the voices of: LIoyd Irvin from Tales of Symphonia, Kamina from TTGL, Tatsumi Oga from Beelzebub, and Kenji Kazama from D-Frag.

So everyone wish him a Happy Birthday! And don’t forget to believe in the you that believes in him!

@Takafumi

Could we pretty pretty please update the OP with all of the gathered dates…? I’m sure it would be tedious, but if that could be done, bit by bit, and segmented into each series, that would be awesome.

I was thinking, for example:

Series A:
Character A - Character A Birthday > VA of Character A - VA of Character A Birthday
Character B - Character B Birthday > VA of Character B - VA of Character B Birthday
Character C - Character C Birthday > VA of Character C - VA of Character C Birthday

Series B:

And so on. No rush, but it would be nice. ^^;

25th April!

Today is the birthday of Yuu Kamonomiya, the voice actor of a bunch of Little Busters! characters. Young Kyousuke and Kengo, Takuya Kamikita, and Miyuki Koshiki~!

Aside from that, she hasn’t really done much in the anime/Visual Novels scene. Digurea from Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica,Sister Laura from Dance in the Vampire Bund and a character from a Japanese Ninja cartoon named Tanamaru are the only credited roles I could find from her.
Still, that Miyuki role was nice~

Also, another one of my favorites! Tomoko Kawakami~ The voice actor of Sayuri, Misuzu, and the illusonary girl.
She also did great non-Key voice work for characters such as Mariko from Elfen Lied, Madoka of Angelic Layer, Suì-Fēng from Bleach, and Amber from Darker than Black.

Sure~ I’ll do it later ^^

1 Like

April 29th!

Today is the birthday of Shiho Kawaragi, the voice actor of Mio and Midori Nishizono.
She is known for voicing characters like Sekai Saionji from School Days… mainly pervy stuff really…
Oh, and you may recognize her name if you were following the news during the Litbus anime production. She announced her pregnancy during the production and her role in the anime was swapped out~ Lots of controversy was thrown around that day (She had just gotten married + JC Staff trainwreck hype.)

Correction, Sekai’s VA, Shiho Kawaragi, only voiced Mio in Refrain, and Midori never made an appearance in the second season. Then again, I checked that on MAL, so I’m not too sure how accurate that is.

I don’t know much about the anime, but Kawaragi-san voiced both of them in the Visual Novels, so she gets credit for that~ The only reason she didn’t VA in the Litbus anime was the aforementioned pregnancy issue~ ^^ Ahaha~ She was replaced by Yuiko Tatsumi.

MAL is very bad when it comes to checking Key roles. They are primarily Visual Novels, and only anime secondarily. Websites like ANN are much more in-depth as they comprise Anime, TV, Video Game and VN roles.

Ah, fair enough.

According to my time zone, we’ve just hit April 30th! Happy Birthday Kengo Miyazawa! From now on I’m gonna start making a big deal of character birthdays on the forums!

For the next 24 hours I’ll be pinning a Kengo discussion thread, and I encourage you to all share fanart of Kengo in the Little Busters Fanart thread!

Here’s Kyousuke’s birthday song from Kyousuke’s One Question – One Answer:
What is your reason for living?
To shed tears?
To spill blood?
The number of orphans is increasing
They’re starving
Look at the good land of Afghan
Come now, be born
Ganges
That shall be your name
To Ganges

2 Likes

Well now that it’s April 30th over here in the US, time to say Happy Birthday to Kengo Miyazawa. I hope I get to know more about you.

Ah, there’s a birthday we have yet to go on about today. http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/238/673802-clannad_126.jpg

Aww I can’t get pictures to work.

May 2nd!

Today it’s the birthday of voice actor Hikaru Midorikawa, the voice behind Yukito Kunisaki, Yusuke Yoshino, Fish Saitō and Kyousuke Natsume

He also did some great acting as Marth from the Fire Emblem franchise, Akihiko Sanada from Persona, Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh! and Lancer from Fate/Zero.

2 Likes

May 10th!

Today is the birthday of Natsumi Yanase, the voice actor of Komari!
I’m not much of a fan of her work in Little Busters! but she has done some amazing voice acting over the years. Examples of her acting can be heard in the voices of Chihiro Shindo of the Ef franchise, Akane Hanasaki from Da Capo II, and Chizuru Tachibana from the Grisaia Visual Novels.

2 Likes

I found her absolutely wonderful in Narcissu: Side 2nd as Himeko. Easily my favorite of her roles.

My favourite seiyuu! :smiley:

It’s been my exam week, so I haven’t been focusing on the birthdays x.x Catch up time~

May 15th!

Today is the birthday of Mayu Shiina from ONE!

May 16th!

Today is the birthday of Akemi Satō, the voice actor of Shiori!
You may also know her as the voice of Tabatha from the Rune Factory series, Shoko Fuyuumi from La Corda d’Oro and Rena from Yawaraka Sangokushi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan.

Happy Birthday Satō-san~!

Revival commencing. June 30th in Japan means the birthday of Soichiro Hoshi.

For Key, he voiced Midou of Rewrite and his “I’m gonna burn you alive!” Outside of Key he’s voiced Kira Yamato of Gundam Seed, Kazuki Fuuchouin of GetBackers, Gino Weinburg of Code Geass, and more supporting roles. Well, then there’s Masaru Daimon, who’s main character of a Digimon show I didn’t care about, but guess that counts.

I think you mean May 30th :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, Digimon season 5 was pretty good once you got used to the animation. A lot better than 4 anyway~ It’s definitely not Adventure/Tamers levels of good, but it’s better than most children’s anime shows out there nowadays.

Also, it’s best to mention that Yukino Satsuki (The voice actor of ONE’s best girl - Misaki, and Clannad’s Misae, as well as the Higurashi twins and Mutsumi of Love Hina) and Hiroki Touchi (Chaa from Angel Beats and Esaka from Rewrite, as well as Cross from D.Gray-man and Abel from Trinity Blood) were missed off of the birthday announcement list~

Kinda skipped the previous days, true. And lol at my May vs June mistake.

I skipped them too when they happened =w= Oh, well. Unmind~